• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
i never understand these damn lists, its just a bunch of fucking numbers and shit.

stop putting algebra in my damn pones, heres a better way.

Every episode: 10

Mare do Well. -99999999999

there, its real easy, aint no need for all yer fancy mathematics.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Most the list.

Having anything below mare do well
Most adorable episode in the series being fifth to last
Hurricane Fluttershy being in the bottom half
Mmmystery, an episode with half the cast acting totally out of character in the top half
I mean, "pinkie's an jerk season 2" being in the top 10 I guess makes sense with pony gafs season 1 voting, but the rest is just off.

Probably because a lot of episodes were only made with half a dozen votes, and other rankings I see have a much larger pool than an average of 7.

BerryPunchtheBrewmaster.png

TheArcher.png

brian577

Banned
Most the list.

Mmmystery, an episode with half the cast acting totally out of character in the top half
I mean, "pinkie's an jerk season 2" being in the top 10 I guess makes sense with pony gafs season 1 voting, but the rest is just off.

Agree with the highlighted stuff

Orcastar

Comic time.

Also, art.

Most the list.

Probably because a lot of episodes were only made with half a dozen votes, and other rankings I see have a much larger pool than an average of 7.
Opinions!

Razek

Banned
Most the list.

I actually see were you are coming from a bit. We all have opinions, but there are just some objectively good and bad episodes of this show.

The S2 finale is objectively good.
Mare do Well is objectively bad. (Assuming respective outliers everything has of course)

Other than that though, it's anybody's game. I'd say lesson zero is objectively good but I'm sure there are some people out there that don't like Twilight and her OCD. Still, it's hard for me to see someone not like that episode.

At that point, the rest I think have a chance anywhere on the list. What should be the lowest in my opinion? Baby Cakes. That episodes has retroactively hurt the show for me. I hated every single thing canon it did and on top of that it just wasn't a good episode. It was boring, contrived, and not funny besides pinkies badoom tush. She couldn't even escape though. I liked Pinkie a lot less thanks to that episode.

I actively try to pretend that episode doesn't exist. Too bad the show and fanart has embraced ideals presented there which make that impossible now. I would give this episode a 0. Any redeeming factor was negated by its lingering presence, and I'm being totally and utterly serious.

Canterlot Wedding at least nabbed the top spot like I feel it should. I personally think both parts should be 5 starts since I liked part one just a bit more, but admit part two has better animation and production values. I'm happy with that. I know I'm biased because of Twilight.

Edit: Just to show opinions can wildly differ, I liked Mystery Express even though I admit the cast acted completely out of character during it. I think it's a solid 4. I laughed and had fun with it.

Razek

Banned
That is the one and only John de Lancie speaking.

Wait, now that I think about it, isn't this the guy who couldn't care less about this show and forget that he actually did voice work for it? Surprised he would do something on his own involving it and the fans like that.

Wait, now that I think about it, isn't this the guy who couldn't care less about this show and forget that he actually did voice work for it? Surprised he would do something on his own involving it and the fans like that.

He's since come around and embraced the fans of the show and doing what Tara did with Twilight and having fun with Discord. And LuffyZoro linked the BronyCon documentary he's doing with the Queen & the Holy Mother as well.

Razek

Banned

He's since come around and embraced the fans of the show and doing what Tara did with Twilight and having fun with Discord. And LuffyZoro linked the BronyCon documentary he's doing with the Queen & the Holy Mother as well.

Oh, alright. I think it was the last brony Off Topic gaf thread where I picked it up that had someone mention he wasn't interested in the slightest and no one seemed to debunk it. Good to know he does care now and isn't afraid of having some fun with it. He did an awesome job after all.

According to IMDB, season 3 doesn't start until October. They just changed it because yesterday it said September. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2230398/

Well, at least it's better than November!

I'm kicking myself for not having money to spare at the time of the kickstarter. I definitely plan on picking up the documentary day one!

Razek

Banned
^Even if she is just a proxy in the end of it all, she is still the best pony. One day her magics will be strong enough to take over Equestria (for good).

That could be the Twilight!Mare-Do-Well.

I dono, I can't really see Twilight telling Applebloom to go home so sternly like that. Seems something fit perfect of AJ's character.

LuffyZoro

I dono, I can't really see Twilight telling Applebloom to go home so sternly like that. Seems something fit perfect of AJ's character.

Well, that's why I discarded Fluttershy and Pinkie, because they wouldn't say something like that. I grant you that Applejack would be more likely, but I could see Twilight in that role.

Razek

Banned
Well, that's why I discarded Fluttershy and Pinkie, because they wouldn't say something like that. I grant you that Applejack would be more likely, but I could see Twilight in that role.

Yeah, actually going back and applying the voice I could kind of see it too.

LuffyZoro

^Even if she is just a proxy in the end of it all, she is still the best pony. One day her magics will be strong enough to take over Equestria (for good).

Twi might start out with good intentions, planning to fix everything, but soon there will be so much to do. So she'll let something slip and relax. Obviously, she'll panic afterwards and try to fix it, but it will be too late. It'll keep happening, and eventually, at best, she'll be like the previous incumbents of Celestia and Luna, magically powerful, but ultimately a figurehead.

Or, she would go the other way of absolute control over everything and eventually be a tyrant that rules "for the good of the people"... also like Celestia.

EDIT: Page 201! That means it's time for the halfway point checkup on the top 10 posters.

A4jlL.png

Razek

Banned
Twi might start out with good intentions, planning to fix everything, but soon there will be so much to do. So she'll let something slip and relax. Obviously, she'll panic afterwards and try to fix it, but it will be too late. It'll keep happening, and eventually, at best, she'll be like the previous incumbents of Celestia and Luna, magically powerful, but ultimately a figurehead.

Or, she would go the other way of absolute control over everything and eventually be a tyrant that rules "for the good of the people"... also like Celestia.

EDIT: Page 201! That means it's time for the halfway point checkup on the top 10 posters.

A4jlL.png

As much as I love Twi, I guarantee she does the latter. Remember: "MONITOR EVERYTHING."

Also, some more fun statistics, this thread has been almost exactly 25% of all my posts! And wow Luffy, 40 more posts than doc. You really took off somewhere in there.

LuffyZoro

As much as I love Twi, I guarantee she does the latter. Remember: "MONITOR EVERYTHING."

Also, some more fun statistics, this thread has been almost exactly 25% of all my posts! And wow Luffy, 40 more posts than doc. You really took off somewhere in there.

You look at some of the more recent pages and I might be almost half the posts there. Related, this thread has nearly 50% of all my posts.

Razek

Banned
You look at some of the more recent pages and I might be almost half the posts there. Related, this thread has nearly 50% of all my posts.

Twilight's getting into tha-

tumblr_m2yd1a68s71r6rr5xo1_400.gif

I snooped and checked the post counts for the older pony threads. I was surprised to see you pretty much absent in the last one. The posting landscape was totally different too. Oh, and isn't that picture goooooooood?

oh... oh yes.

all of my yes.

oh he drew that? hes gotten really good.

i got bored of the thread and stopped giving a fuck.

then Luffy and Forrester went insane and started posting like crazy people.

I'm curious, what would make the thread interesting for you? When I get a bit bored I start asking questions about stuff or talk about the posters here. I find it fun hearing what other pony fans like to do or are interested in.

Cheerilee

Oh, alright. I think it was the last brony Off Topic gaf thread where I picked it up that had someone mention he wasn't interested in the slightest and no one seemed to debunk it. Good to know he does care now and isn't afraid of having some fun with it. He did an awesome job after all.

Actors aren't like fans. They have wildly different perspectives on things. There are some actors who can't stand to watch great shows and movies, famous icons of pop culture, because they can't separate it from their work.

John DeLancie's first exposure to MLP was just another ordinary day's work for him, it didn't stand out and it's not memorable, but a large number people inexplicably liked it, so now he's intrigued about fans of this show, and he likes what he hears about why they like it.

He has a humble opinion of his own meager contribution, and he gives credit to the rest of the great artists who work on the show, but he's seen greatness come and go and fail to resonate with the audience plenty of times (we all have), so he thinks the difference this time is the fans. And that is something he's interested in. He's not really interested in watching sci-fi or cartoons. Just not his cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that. Grown men who watch MLP? That's awesome! Tell me more.

If you were to ask DeLancie about the Star Trek Voyager episode where they all dressed in Civil War outfits, he could probably tell you things about the costume designer's favorite food, or how one of the background extras was in the middle of a messy divorce, but if you ask him why they were in Civil War outfits, maybe he doesn't know. Because his perspective on those events is totally different from ours. But if you try to talk to him fan-to-fan, he's skilled and experienced enough to fake it, and then steer the conversation back to something he knows.

It doesn't really matter how he became part of the discussion, just that he's in it and he likes being in it. The Discord episode was literally just a paycheck to him, but that doesn't mean he's appearing in the BronyCon documentary because he's desperate for money. Something like recording Discordlicious will most likely be far more memorable to him than his first appearance in the show was, just because he's aware of what he's doing now.

LuffyZoro

I snooped and checked the post counts for the older pony threads. I was surprised to see you pretty much absent in the last one. The posting landscape was totally different too. Oh, and isn't that picture goooooooood?

Yeah, I didn't start watching ponies until about a fourth to a third of the way through the first community thread, and I didn't start regularly posting on GAF until maybe a month after that. Even then, I never really went searching for art or news, so I didn't post much in there.

Fun Fact: In order to find this out, I started reading through the old thread, and found this picture by our very own lovely Bakpony.

N5A6v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom