• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
I want you guys to post whatever you do art wise here. I really like seeing everybody's drawings. That's one of my favorite parts of ponygaf. I think you should draw more too Orca.

Then AJ was just dropping Twilight to her death then?

Good point actually, I hadn't really noticed that. I was kinda half thinking it was so Twilight would stay calm and wouldn't struggle as to end up kicking herself off, thus FS and RD missing her, but that doesn't really make sense either. I would think hearing "FS and RD will catch you, I promise." and maybe Twilight arguing about how ponies can lift a certain amount of weight or something would have been better.

That whole second part felt very forced, rushed, and just slapped together to me (of course I'm pretty sure Faust said that the whole saga of NMM was supposed be an "arc" with each character getting their own episode).

It's still my least favorite episode in the whole series.

Wha? I find the speech super touching before the fight and the end showdown with NMM makes the whole thing worthwhile. Then the victory scene with the piano music, the party at ponyville, and all that jaz is awesome. One of my favorite moments in the serious. I'll agree the path leading there is a bit weak, but eh, it was their first try at this new show. Oh, who can deny pinkies song too!?

Basically, how can it be worse than over a barrel?

Silvawuff

I never use the pilot when introducing pony to new people. It's good, but I don't think it represents the series as a whole very well. When I first got into FiM, my first episode was Stare Master. It hooked me enough to want to watch other episodes, so I watched Applebuck Season, then finally the pilot once I was interested enough to give the series a solid view-through.

Razek

Banned
Over a Barrel was amazing. Pinkie started a war with a song. How cool is that?

It's not awful, I find it a bit boring overall, but I am absolutely not a fan of episodes that are mid story and then suddenly: "RESOLUTION!". I love MLP but the writers really need to step it up and stop with these 2 second forced resolutions. They may all work, but just because they tie in doesn't make them enjoyable. I like lesson zero and the time travel episode. The resolutions are done nicely, as both times nothing bad happens and they don't find a solution. Oh, Sweet and Elite along with Sisterhooves social also have good resolutions.

I never use the pilot when introducing pony to new people. It's good, but I don't think it represents the series as a whole very well. When I first got into FiM, my first episode was Stare Master. It hooked me enough to want to watch other episodes, so I watched Applebuck Season, then finally the pilot once I was interested enough to give the series a solid view-through.

I wouldn't suggest the pilot either, but I've always been torn what I would suggest.

Edit: ARTZ

Good!

Belated happy birthday, Razek!

And MysticAlpha still seems to enjoy drawing tails sticking out of butts!

Anyway, here are my two most recent pieces:

Pic 1
I admit that I was going a bit for MysticAlpha's shading style with this one.

Pic 2
A simpler look for a more pop-artsy feel.

Both pics link to their dA pages, so if you can drop by and fave/comment on them, I'll be very grateful.
Wow these are nice

Any requests for art?
HOOT HOOT HOOT HOOT

SCOOTAL*WHAM*

... allie way

LuffyZoro

Pretty damned solid Will!
You're makin it hard for me to find stuff to call.
I suppose this is technically the last episode for you this season. Wish we could celebrate somehow. It's been a solid, solid season for music score. You and your team are definitely killin it, and i'm sure the Bronies will feel it too. They're gonna have youtube videos where they extract the dialogue and SFX and just listen to the score!

Thanks for an awesome third season!

We were actually taking about this particularly in reference to the score for (omitted). We all agreed that you really took the scores for season 3 to a new level... so thanks for all your work this season!

From Will Anderson

Razek

Banned
S3 exists! It has to... It just...
the_derp_is_out_there_____updated__by_stinkehund-d4r0t8d.png

Razek

Banned
Has anyone else from here been booted from the Neogaf Steam group chat for being a brony?

You mean just the official NeoGAF group? Did you get a message or something? There are plenty of people with pony avatars in it, some of which are fairly active (I believe).

Morgadeth

You mean just the official NeoGAF group? Did you get a message or something? There are plenty of people with pony avatars in it, some of which are fairly active (I believe).

Some hothead mod called JDS kicked me for having a pony avatar and belonging to some brony groups. Also, no messages.

Razek

Banned

They didn't have a discussion going on at the time. I guess he was just bored?

I'm just wondering if you said anything offensive or that they didn't agree with. I haven't had any issue with the Gaf group, but I never really participate in anything for example.

Anyways, why not just steam message them and ask for a reason (nicely of course)? I don't know which member that is but I would say to PM them here first if you can figure it out.

Razek

Banned
Stayed up late; ended up finding this due to stuff in OT:

I liked the use of color so I though I'd post it before I go to bed and lose it.

PonyGaf, you are my most favorite people ever. I've got 1 code each for Lode Runner and R-Type on Xbox Live; if you're interested and will get some play time out of it post here which game you'd like and the game is yours.
I've played the trial for lode runner and thought it was pretty fun. I'll take it if you still have it. That's really nice of you. Thanks!

PonyGaf, you are my most favorite people ever. I've got 1 code each for Lode Runner and R-Type on Xbox Live; if you're interested and will get some play time out of it post here which game you'd like and the game is yours.

Thanks for the Lode Runner code. And I just realized that I bought that Gameboy from you in the B/S/T thread. The more you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom