• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Funny you mention that. It's that exact point that made me put the disclaimer in parenthesis. Silly I know, but I just don't like pink ponies. Feels to 'cliche' to me.

It's not even the pink body, it's the ugly hair color that kills the look for me.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
tumblr_m6nlliJDbJ1ra2jz8o1_1280.png

Razek

Banned
If there was an animated show done in the style of Hito's last 2 posts I would watch it.

Edit: I'd rather have them all with arced feet or wearing shows though. The hoof feet creep me out.

Razek

Banned
Oh! That's another thing I forgot to mention. I freakin' love spike in his anime style as his semi grown up self. Actually (Holy crap this is unheard of from me) probably more so than cutesy wootsie regular spike.

Razek

Banned
I aim to please!

I think I've really mellowed out on my ponies. I'm not sure if it's the recent drought or what, but I actually appreciate a different perspective as long as it isn't dirty poses with bed eyes. Like I said ages before in a discussion with you, it's a neat thing to see different styles sometimes (especially nice to see some activity with this thread super dead lately too).

Something I'd be for (not really anthro related) would be for ponies gen 5 (we're on gen 4, right?) to be anime stylistic. I'm probably alone on that, but I think it would be the only 'step' I would accept to keep me watching after Twilight and the pony cronies stories are over.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think I've really mellowed out on my ponies. I'm not sure if it's the recent drought or what, but I actually appreciate a different perspective as long as it isn't dirty poses with bed eyes. Like I said ages before in a discussion with you, it's a neat thing to see different styles sometimes (especially nice to see some activity with this thread super dead lately too).

Something I'd be for (not really anthro related) would be for ponies gen 5 (we're on gen 4, right?) to be anime stylistic. I'm probably alone on that, but I think it would be the only 'step' I would accept to keep me watching after Twilight and the pony cronies stories are over.
I actually think MLP should decide just where it wants to be on this, because season 1's efforts to keep things relatively pony-like were interesting, but in season 2 it just feels kinda halfassed. If they're not going to act like they walk on all fours then why make them?

Anyway... MORE

Razek

Banned
I like that she is pink, would not look as cute with other color :)

I think it stems back to my toy comment. She just feels and looks like a toy to me. Adolescence Cadence however is MUCH better, especially here 'baby sitter' mane style.

filly_cadence_by_crusierpl-d4xany7.png

I actually think MLP should decide just where it wants to be on this, because season 1's efforts to keep things relatively pony-like were interesting, but in season 2 it just feels kinda halfassed. If they're not going to act like they walk on all fours then why make them?

Anyway... MORE

Tell me about it. It's a funny nod here or there, but try to stick to a single style please. I can't tell if they are just lazy design slip ups like the 'nobodies' and 'anyones' that fall through, or if they really just didn't care about that theme anymore.

(fake princess)

I wonder what actually makes them qualify as a princess anyways?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Anthro? I've recently started trying to develop a personal style for anthro ponies. Successful? You be the judge.

Anthro Scootaloo on her scooter

Anthro Belle Eve, ahead of the pack for the next generation console launch

Razek

Banned
oNnsT.png

I like how my avatar and the picture seem to be looking at each other. Derpception.

Yea, I also like her 'baby sitter' mane the best.

You should get rid of the black box in your avatar and join the transparency master race!

Breeding. Unless master race confirmed.

or else she's like the princess of Luxembourg or something.

Do we really know this though? Celest and Luna's stories are so secretive. Maybe it's just another title for the throne? The Christmas episode did have kings and queens if I remember correctly though.

Personally, I'd like for them to take a Gurren Lagann approach with a powerful race behind the scenes of it all. Celestia knows of them, she just can't do anything.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I like this page. Sorry I don't have any anthro ponies to share.
I'm just going through a long list I compiled last night, but trying to not dump it all at once so it's not total bandwidth saturation.

I have two batches left so if it'll make DrForester happier I'll just get it over with.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm just going through a long list I compiled last night, but trying to not dump it all at once so it's not total bandwidth saturation.

I have two batches left so if it'll make DrForester happier I'll just get it over with.

I would have posted 1 anthro pony if you had said it was your birthday.

Razek

Banned
OH GOD NOT CENTAURS.
I'm mellow but not that mellow lol.

Also:
Hito's img Dump said:

Funny story. I had a girl that used to get picked on in school all the time go to prom in a dress just like this. She was inherently a super tomboy and got a bad rep for being into sports and weight lifting. Anyways, that night she was definitely the most beautiful girl there. Of course, knowing me, I don't mean that in a sexual way. The outfit she had was just super tactful and composed her boyish side well with her girly side she sometimes showed. I felt happy for her because she got a lot of looks.

Cheerilee

I wonder what actually makes them qualify as a princess anyways?

I believe "Princess" in MLP has two different meanings. One is a government status, and the other is a species.

As a government, Celestia should have been a Queen, but the word Queen contains unwanted implications, so Celestia accepted the lesser title of "Princess", which she just made up. Also, it comes with double prize money. Prince Blueblood's role is apparently similar to that of a Duke, but few people actually know what a Duke is, or what he does in government, so Celestia simplified that to "Prince". People still don't know what he does, but maybe now they get the impression that he does something. Celestia kind of makes up the government rules as she goes along.

As a species, "Princess" is what the fandom refers to as an Alicorn. Any (female) Pony with wings and a horn is technically a Princess.

Celestia and Luna both have crossover, and they qualify as both definitions of Princess.

Cadence's role in the goverment is (at best) similar to Prince Bluelood's, which means that she's a Princess, but she's not a Princess on the same level as Celestia and Luna. She's a Princess in title only, like Blueblood. She's a fake Princess.

And as a species, Cadence is not supposed to be a Princess, she's supposed to be a Unicorn, as the creator Faust intended, but she was given wings by the dark power of Hasbro (or maybe Celestia, depending on headcanon), so she could be propped up and used as a symbolic figurehead. As a species, she is also a fake Princess.

Razek

Banned
I believe "Princess" in MLP has two different meanings. One is a government status, and the other is a species.

As a government, Celestia should have been a Queen, but the word Queen contains unwanted implications, so Celestia accepted the lesser title of "Princess", which she just made up. Also, it comes with double prize money. Prince Blueblood's role is apparently similar to that of a Duke, but few people actually know what a Duke is, or what he does in government, so Celestia simplified that to "Prince". People still don't know what he does, but maybe now they get the impression that he does something. Celestia kind of makes up the government rules as she goes along.

As a species, "Princess" is what the fandom refers to as an Alicorn. Any (female) Pony with wings and a horn is technically a Princess.

Celestia and Luna both have crossover, and they qualify as both definitions of Princess.

Cadence's role in the goverment is (at best) similar to Prince Bluelood's, which means that she's a Princess, but she's not a Princess on the same level as Celestia and Luna. She's a Princess in title only, like Blueblood. She's a fake Princess.

And as a species, Cadence is not supposed to be a Princess, she's supposed to be a Unicorn, as the creator Faust intended, but she was given wings by the dark power of Hasbro (or maybe Celestia, depending on headcanon), so she could be propped up and used as a symbolic figurehead. As a species, she is also a fake Princess.

Bolded made me literally lol. They could be the dark forces I was talking about before. Celestia knows about them, she just has to please them by giving cadence pseudo alicorn powers. The are the universe breakers with their probability canon altering missiles

Anyways, that's an interesting take on it, and probably one I could support. I never liked Blueblood being an actual genetic relative to Celestia. I liked her image as a Demi-God that's only mission is to rule, born from the bizarre powers of magic.

Regardless of correctness, her name will always be "Leer-ra" to me.

Razek

Banned
I pronounced it that way for the longest time before I figured out I was apparently supposed to be pronounced like "lyre." Glad I'm not the only one. :lol

Meh, it sounds better that way anyways. Lire-a sounds weird to me.

For another fun fact, I always pronounced your Gaf name: Blame-Ite
I assume it's supposed to be Blamm-Ite.

Edit: Others I'm sure I got wrong:

judhudson= Jay Hudson (don't ask why)
LuffyZoro= Luff-Ee (I always just skip zoro)
Hitokage= He-toe-kah-gay
$200= two hundred (without any sign of currency)
ReXXXSoprano=Red 13 (don't ask why)
AJSousuke= A. J. Sah-soo-kee

I might be forgetting some but the rest seem straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom