• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuugrr

Aha! Key word here though. Posting a picture doesn't take much. Discussion however, I can 100% sympathize with those working/school/family/whatever.

It'd probably do me some good to come here and chat for a bit once in a while, though. Currently running myself ragged trying to work and write a senior thesis. :X

So, remember when I was banned for posting sexualized ponies?

Anyway...

Geez. Must have missed that.

You guys oughta tune in to the Fighting is Magic tournament tomorrow
unless you're watching Seasons Beatings, I guess
. 2pm EST right here.

There will be hoof dives.

Razek

Banned
So, remember when I was banned for posting sexualized ponies?

Anyway...

Wait, what? When did this happen? Aw man, I miss all the drama. Probably way before my time.

Also, that's my favorite picture by that artist yet. I like Twilight in the Wind too, but something about this one seems a little more refined to me overall.

It'd probably do me some good to come here and chat for a bit once in a while, though. Currently running myself ragged trying to work and write a senior thesis. :X

Geez. Must have missed that.

You guys oughta tune in to the Fighting is Magic tournament tomorrow
unless you're watching Seasons Beatings, I guess
. 2pm EST right here.

There will be hoof dives.

Yeah don't be doin' that. My friend is a workaholic and he ended up beating himself down way too much. It's pretty much essential to take breaks, within reason of course. Haha, I got returning panic attacks because of my straight work stretch. Never again, now I'm purposely lazy and carefree. Oh yeah, those were good times.

Oh, and yes. You should join in more often. It's nice to actually see some activity in this thread for once!

Editz:

I just freakin' love Twilight. She just brings me so much peace.
twilight_sparkle___fabulous_by_quanno3-d5e5bl9.png

LuffyZoro

Wait, what? When did this happen? Aw man, I miss all the drama. Probably way before my time.

Also, that's my favorite picture by that artist yet. I like Twilight in the Wind too, but something about this one seems a little more refined to me overall.

Yeah don't be doin' that. My friend is a workaholic and he ended up beating himself down way too much. It's pretty much essential to take breaks, within reason of course. Haha, I got returning panic attacks because of my straight work stretch. Never again, now I'm purposely lazy and carefree. Oh yeah, those were good times.

Oh, and yes. You should join in more often. It's nice to actually see some activity in this thread for once!

It was at the same time I was.

Here's Sweetie Belle playing Minecraft! (animation using audio from the actual voice actor)

Razek

Banned
Really? I felt that it was actually fairly similar to the original in that respect. I mean, it's not professional, but I think the singing's fairly good.

They did a fantastic job with trying to mimic the original styles. Unfortunately, I get a bit critical when it comes to tempo, tremolo/vibrato, and most importantly pitch. There were a few spots during that were I might have clenched my face a bit at flat pitch. Mostly I was just laughing though!

BTW has anyone heard back from WLF on if they have plans to bring back the colorful DJ Pon3 shirt? (forgot the name - but it was talked about a few days ago).

I contacted them and they said it should be back up by the beginning of the month. Lo and behold! I thought I'd check and it's BACK!. IT'S BACK YEAHHHHHH! Totally ordered mine.

http://www.welovefine.com/3312-dj-pon3-night-sky.html

Man, how do you guys find the time to post so many pictures of pones? School and work are killing me.

Well for me, I scour the likes of Ponibooru and now Derpibooru and then save them to my hard drive in organized folders. I used to be caught up but when Ponibooru went down and Derpibooru went up, I finished checking out Ponibooru's final images and Derpibooru had about 20,000 images. Now this gets tricky. I was originally going to check about a couple weeks' worth of images. But when there was no clear indicator how many images I've checked, I thought I'd check all 20,000 images. By the time I finished, Derpibooru was now at 70,000 images! So NOW, I'm going through images from the 70,000 to 20,000 range (I'm at about 41,000 right now), and when I'm done with THAT, I'm going to check the images that have been added since the 70,000 mark (currently as I type this, there are 109,669 images on Derpibooru)

I don't check and save every single image. I've filtered out the OCs and naughty stuff. I try to go through at LEAST 1,000 images a day (pushing for 2,000 when I can) If you guys are interested, I'll share my "statistics" when I'm finished.

Well, it's not English-based. It's from One Piece, an anime I stopped watching years ago. I should probably get a new name at some point here.

Hey me too /) on both counts even! Although I still like One Piece, I just kinda got burned out trying to stay caught up.

Have some Flutterthigh ... er... shy.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I approve!

akira28

dat pony gap...

Anyway, the kid's cute, but she ain't Apple Blossom cute. I like the attempt though. And I agree. MOar cosplay.

LuffyZoro

I don't have anything against cosplay, in fact, I like it. It's just that new pieces come out so slowly, and they're usually not featured on EQD (where I get most of my stuff), so I just don't see them to post.

Razek

Banned
Well for me, I scour the likes of Ponibooru and now Derpibooru and then save them to my hard drive in organized folders. I used to be caught up but when Ponibooru went down and Derpibooru went up, I finished checking out Ponibooru's final images and Derpibooru had about 20,000 images. Now this gets tricky. I was originally going to check about a couple weeks' worth of images. But when there was no clear indicator how many images I've checked, I thought I'd check all 20,000 images. By the time I finished, Derpibooru was now at 70,000 images! So NOW, I'm going through images from the 70,000 to 20,000 range (I'm at about 41,000 right now), and when I'm done with THAT, I'm going to check the images that have been added since the 70,000 mark (currently as I type this, there are 109,669 images on Derpibooru)

I don't check and save every single image. I've filtered out the OCs and naughty stuff. I try to go through at LEAST 1,000 images a day (pushing for 2,000 when I can) If you guys are interested, I'll share my "statistics" when I'm finished.

Uh whoa, 1000 a day? Like, do you look at every one individually? I just grid view DA and click the ones that I like. Still, that would take a long time to see even a 100. I'd certainly like to hear about it. Do you mean like the gigs you have an such?

---

Yes I know it's family guy. No, I don't care. It's still funny.

Kuugrr

Makes sense that the best pony and the best princess would have the same voice actress, really. It's only natural.

Is anypony at Canterlot Gardens?

I really wanted to go, but I couldn't justify making the trip just to play Fighting is Magic. In retrospect, I totally should have done it. The stream was hype.

Uh whoa, 1000 a day? Like, do you look at every one individually? I just grid view DA and click the ones that I like. Still, that would take a long time to see even a 100. I'd certainly like to hear about it. Do you mean like the gigs you have an such?

---

On Derpibooru, I have it set to show 50 images per page. I look through the thumbnails one page at a time and middle click the art that looks good so that it opens up in a new tab until I get to the end of the page. If it's already filtered out I generally skip it entirely, I then check each tab I opened and decide whether I want to save it or not. If it's too suggestive (ponies shoving their ass toward the camera, lying on their back on a bed, or very saucy "shipping" pics, there are a LOT of these) or just not very impressive (quick little scribbles, weird art style, or it just doesn't strike my fancy) to me I skip it . There's also a lot of the stupid meme stuff too. I know Bronibooru tends to avoid the dumb meme stuff, but ehh, I get a kick out of some of it when it leads to discussion and such (and I do like some of the "memes" such as "Human Teacher Lyra") and it's a good way to see what's on the fandom's mind in general. There's also little nuggets of info I get from there (if you recall, a while back I found a screencapped tweet from MA Larson about a prominent Zecora role for a S3 Episode)

Because I have a dual-monitor setup, it's really easy to drag a picture I want to the folder it belongs in. When I say 1000 images a day, it's not really that many exactly. It's a range of images. Some of which are already filtered out and quickly passed over. On a 50 picture page, sometimes I'll save nearly all 50 images on that page, and sometimes I'll end up skipping all of them.

Yeah, I realize it's a tad excessive. It started out as just saving a few impressive pics here and there, it grew to "I might use this for a video of some sort, and then it simply became a "why the hell not? I want to give everyone's artwork I can a fair look (minus the creepy/fetishy/Rule 34 stuff)" and since we have our thing for "themed pages" anyway and there's always that slim possibility an artist will suddenly despise the fandom and have their brilliant artwork removed for whatever reason (there have been a couple).

As for stats, yeah I mean disk space and # of files per character/Folder I have. I'm genuinely curious as to which character I have the most art for. The thing that sucks about Derpibooru is that their duplicate filter sucks and there are a ton of duplicates (not to mention stuff I have from the defunct Ponibooru) thankfully a program called Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder is really good at weeding the duplicates out of my system.

EDIT: About the comic, I didn't even notice the reference until you mentioned it. It's been a while since I saw Family Guy.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Don't take care. Use the power of your red name to bless us with what we really need.
I posted where I got all those pics from. Just click out of the safe tag and have fun.

Edit: Also, the main reason Link Man got banned was because he kept posting in spite of multiple people objecting to it. I know some people don't like anthropone, which is why I put all of that out in a short amount of time instead of keeping it around for weeks to come. Maybe this thread has since become a better place for variety, but I wasn't going to rock the boat too much.

Cheerilee

Celestia is the best Princess, and Cheerilee has a song about how awesome she is.

For a minute there I thought you were saying that Cheerilee has a song about how awesome Celestia is. And then I clicked, and no, it's a song about how nopony is good enough for Cheerilee. And then I realized that, oh, it does make sense, because Celestia is awesome and single. And then I realized that I was attributing lesbian shipping to DrForester.

And then I realized that it's a song about how awesome Cheerilee is.

Now Cheerilee needs an episode where she teaches kids to sing Celestia's National Anthem.

it's tough to find someone good enough for Cheerilee.
There's a shortage of good men in Equestria, and even if there wasn't, Big Mac is a great catch. Celestia on the other hand usually gets shipped with Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom