• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo Ponies!
BLO16.png

rJg0E.jpg

LuffyZoro

Meh, it sounds better that way anyways. Lire-a sounds weird to me.

For another fun fact, I always pronounced your Gaf name: Blame-Ite
I assume it's supposed to be Blamm-Ite.

Edit: Others I'm sure I got wrong:

judhudson= Jay Hudson (don't ask why)
LuffyZoro= Luff-Ee (I always just skip zoro)
Hitokage= He-toe-kah-gay
$200= two hundred (without any sign of currency)
ReXXXSoprano=Red 13 (don't ask why)
AJSousuke= A. J. Sah-soo-kee

I might be forgetting some but the rest seem straight forward.

You and your weird pronunciations. Mine is like Loof-Ee.

Twilight thinks you should do better!

LuffyZoro

Really? That one I was actually thinking I was right on. Having two consecutive consonants usually denotes a soft vowel. Interesting.

Well, it's not English-based. It's from One Piece, an anime I stopped watching years ago. I should probably get a new name at some point here.

Orcastar

I actually think MLP should decide just where it wants to be on this, because season 1's efforts to keep things relatively pony-like were interesting, but in season 2 it just feels kinda halfassed. If they're not going to act like they walk on all fours then why make them?

I'm pretty sure season 2 being less pony-like was due to Faust leaving the team. For example, I remember her commenting on the scene in Dragon Quest where Twilight, Rarity and Dash confront the dragons; the scene had all three standing up on two feet in a boxer-like pose, but if Faust had been the one to decide, she would have had them hoofing (is that the right term?) at the ground ready to charge, similar to what Twilight does in the pilot when she confronts Nightmare Moon.

I'm pretty sure season 2 being less pony-like was due to Faust leaving the team. For example, I remember her commenting on the scene in Dragon Quest where Twilight, Rarity and Dash confront the dragons; the scene had all three standing up on two feet in a boxer-like pose, but if Faust had been the one to decide, she would have had them hoofing (is that the right term?) at the ground ready to charge, similar to what Twilight does in the pilot when she confronts Nightmare Moon.

I never heard that Faust said that before, but I always thought it might be the case. Hopefully someone realized this and goes back to ponies acting like ponies next season... unless of course they are doing something really wild. Don't suppose you have a link to that btw?

Cheerilee

Well, it's not English-based. It's from One Piece, an anime I stopped watching years ago. I should probably get a new name at some point here.

I suggest FluffyZorro.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the storyboard artists who are most directly responsible for visual details like that, and when Faust was in charge she would critique the storyboard artists and made a significant effort to make sure that everyone (including herself) was mindful that they were working with ponies, not humans, and they should be careful to find the right balance of pony habits, and not accidentally slip into more comfortable human habits.

Jayson critiques the storyboards now, and he's less concerned on that front, and more concerned in other areas.

blamite

I suggest FluffyZorro.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the storyboard artists who are most directly responsible for visual details like that, and when Faust was in charge she would critique the storyboard artists and made a significant effort to make sure that everyone (including herself) was mindful that they were working with ponies, not humans, and they should be careful to find the right balance of pony habits, and not accidentally slip into more comfortable human habits.

Jayson critiques the storyboards now, and he's less concerned on that front, and more concerned in other areas.

Woah, ruby_onix is Cheerilee now? That's perfect. :lol

judhudson

Meh, it sounds better that way anyways. Lire-a sounds weird to me.

For another fun fact, I always pronounced your Gaf name: Blame-Ite
I assume it's supposed to be Blamm-Ite.

Edit: Others I'm sure I got wrong:

judhudson= Jay Hudson (don't ask why)
LuffyZoro= Luff-Ee (I always just skip zoro)
Hitokage= He-toe-kah-gay
$200= two hundred (without any sign of currency)
ReXXXSoprano=Red 13 (don't ask why)
AJSousuke= A. J. Sah-soo-kee

I might be forgetting some but the rest seem straight forward.

LOL way off...I dunno how you got Jay but it's basically the same as 'Bud' but with a 'J' instead of a 'B' XD

Razek

Banned
LOL way off...I dunno how you got Jay but it's basically the same as 'Bud' but with a 'J' instead of a 'B' XD

I should say I'm just writing out the pronouncing of the letter 'J'. I don't actually mean the literal name 'Jay'

More like your name is J. Hudson.

edited for clarity
edit again, it's too early for this :/

Kuugrr

Man, how do you guys find the time to post so many pictures of pones? School and work are killing me.

Oh, and Mane6 is streaming their Fighting is Magic panel here if anybody's interested. They showed off Rainbow Dash a while ago, which should be in the archive later.

Razek

Banned
Man, how do you guys find the time to post so many pictures of pones? School and work are killing me.

Oh, and Mane6 is streaming their Fighting is Magic panel here if anybody's interested. They showed off Rainbow Dash a while ago, which should be in the archive later.

Home button->brings to google
search: "da"
click first link which is Deviant art.
search: "<ponies of some sort>"
set drop down box to "newest"
Spend 1-3 minutes searching for acceptable picture.
post.

The whole thing really only takes 5 minutes at absolute most. This one just took me about 20 seconds:

(I'm not being snarky, just sharing my method)

Edit: THANK GOD NEW PAGE.

Kuugrr

Home button->brings to google
search: "da"
click first link which is Deviant art.
search: "<ponies of some sort>"
set drop down box to "newest"
Spend 1-3 minutes searching for acceptable picture.
post.

The whole thing really only takes 5 minutes at absolute most. This one just took me about 20 seconds:

(I'm not being snarky, just sharing my method)

Edit: THANK GOD NEW PAGE.

Yeah, I guess. It just seemed infinitely easier to find time to contribute and discuss things over the summer. Guess I can spare time for pones.

Have some Flutterthigh ... er... shy.

Razek

Banned
^I love Twi but I think she is getting a bit too much pleasure in her persecution there. It sorta freaks me out haha.

Yeah, I guess. It just seemed infinitely easier to find time to contribute and discuss things over the summer. Guess I can spare time for pones.

Have some Flutterthigh ... er... shy.
Aha! Key word here though. Posting a picture doesn't take much. Discussion however, I can 100% sympathize with those working/school/family/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom