• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned

That was really well animated. I actually thought it was one of valves 'meets' that was going to have some pony stuff shoved in the end. But no, it was actually all originally animated and voiced very good!

Oh yeah, check out that match bonus! Haha, oh yeah 5:1. Smoked as usual. Can't wait to swap out my... perksdfwa wa wa wait ... NO STOP I DON"T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE. DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK :X

EDIT:.
EDIT2: Could be a touchy subject, I'll lay off.

Kuugrr

I was afraid of that. Oh well, it'll be good when it comes out.

Yeah, it'll be a while until the game's out. Rainbow Dash was just implemented and is mostly unfinished, and Fluttershy is currently invulnerable because, uh... she has no hitboxes.

On the bright side, though, Jaxel has finished putting up all the recorded video from the Canterlot Gardens stream, so there are literally hours of content you can look at.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsHddFGhhKhD1F0A4mG-4uJEgcVLq6Bl

Some of the pre-tournament and early tournament stuff is riddled with delays
(Xpadder vs. everyone was a 9-1 matchup)
, but if nothing else, make sure to check out the Top 8 matches. Most of those were pretty amazing.

Parfait

I was afraid of that. Oh well, it'll be good when it comes out.

Parfait?

Jum11.gif

The world needs more Trixie.

Razek

Banned

$200

Banned

Razek

Banned
So, I just ran into something on DA. I'll share my experience.

I'm not going to post this comic, just link it. It's a sad one. It kind of blind sides you when you just click into it going by the title alone. I liked it though because it wasn't just fan fiction or sad for the sake of being sad. It takes a look at a part of the show and universe, that is hinted at existing and eventually happening, and I respected that. I assume everyone else here wont be bothered by it, but I actually couldn't read the letter. I might have also teared up a bit... just abit. I'm going to give it a while and try it again though because I'm really curious to what it says.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=mlp+comic&offset=72#/d4wggiw

Edit: Oh, it's also older than a fossil. Sorry.
Edit2: Finished it. Oh wow, EqD too? Double sorry.

Thanks for that, this one is amazing! The faces and actions match up perfectly to how the original and it interpreted them better than most parodies. I laughed really good.

I love Edits: How about something nice then:
day_30__trixie_by_ravenousdrake-d5gg7tb.jpg

Razek

Banned
Speaking of Derpy. Can somebody explain Derpy to me?

As in, is her real name Derpy, Bubbles, or neither? What's the consensus on her cutie mark? Is it still a complete mystery or is there a base fan theory that has some ground?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

As in, is her real name Derpy, Bubbles, or neither? What's the consensus on her cutie mark? Is it still a complete mystery or is there a base fan theory that has some ground?

Silly fan Meme. Faust was going to name her Ditzy, as Ditzy had been mentioned in "Winter Wrap Up". Officially her name is Derpy now, since they put it in the show, and she's an idiot, since they also put that in the show...

LuffyZoro

Silly fan Meme. Faust was going to name her Ditzy, as Ditzy had been mentioned in "Winter Wrap Up". Officially her name is Derpy now, since they put it in the show, and she's an idiot, since they also put that in the show...

No, what they put in the show was that she was clumsy and a bit, well, ditzy. Also, Faust said that Ditzy was her idea for a separate, but similar, character to Derpy before Derpy was adopted by fans.

Pinkie has a big flank ;)

Cheerilee

IIRC, Lauren Faust had intentions to create a "clutz" pony at some point, whom she was going to name "Ditzy Doo".

One of the nameless background ponies (grey with yellow hair and a bubbles cutie mark) was accidentally given derped eyes as an animation error. She also apparently said the word "muffin" (barely audible) as part of some background crowd-murmuring noise. Jayson Thiessen saw the animation error and thought it was funny, so he ordered that derped eyes should be added to that particular nameless background character wherever possible. He also arranged for a scene where this pony drops a piano on Twilight like a clutz. Jayson said that people behind-the-scenes were calling this pony of his a number of different things, including Bubbles, Stoneface, and Ditzy Doo (because of the accidental crossover with Lauren's idea).

Bronies noticed Jayson's unnamed pony and liked her and started calling her Derpy Hooves. The name Derpy was spreading like wildfire even behind the scenes, so Jayson went with the overwhelming majority and said that her name was Derpy.

In Winter Wrap Up, a clutzy pony named Ditzy Doo was referenced but not shown. Some fans, upset with perceived mockery of the handicapped surrounding Derpy, took this as evidence that Derpy's "true" name was Ditzy. Faust said that the name at the time was referring to her undeveloped clutz pony, not Jayson's derped/grey/yellow/bubbles clutz pony, but that she was open to the idea of merging the two characters, since there isn't really enough room for both.

Amy Keating Rogers was mildly aware of Derpy and her fan-favorite status (writers are supposed to try and avoid the fans so it doesn't affect the writing, but that's not entirely possible), so she wrote Derpy Hooves into an episode as fanservice, but she thought the pony's name was Ditzy Doo. Jayson told her the name was Derpy, not Ditzy. Last I heard, AKR thought the name was Derpy Doo. Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity/Luna's VA) was given Derpy's role, but she mistakenly thought Derpy was a boy, so she voiced the character lower and slower, possibly suggesting retardation.

When Derpy became canon, the Derpy-haters raged, and accused everyone of mocking the handicapped, so Hasbro (extremely fearful of the PC police) pulled the episode, censored Derpy's name, straightened her eyes, and re-recorded her voice.

There are some indications that Derpy was censored completely from later in-production appearances, and it seems unlikely that Derpy has any future with the show.

The Comic-Con exclusive Derpy toy made by Hasbro's toy department seems to still recognize Derpy.

Razek

Banned
IIRC, Lauren Faust had intentions to create a "clutz" pony at some point, whom she was going to name "Ditzy Doo".

One of the nameless background ponies (grey with yellow hair and a bubbles cutie mark) was accidentally given derped eyes as an animation error. She also apparently said the word "muffin" (barely audible) as part of some background crowd-murmuring noise. Jayson Thiessen saw the animation error and thought it was funny, so he ordered that derped eyes should be added to that particular nameless background character wherever possible. He also arranged for a scene where this pony drops a piano on Twilight like a clutz. Jayson said that people behind-the-scenes were calling this pony of his a number of different things, including Bubbles, Stoneface, and Ditzy Doo (because of the accidental crossover with Lauren's idea).

Bronies noticed Jayson's unnamed pony and liked her and started calling her Derpy Hooves. The name Derpy was spreading like wildfire even behind the scenes, so Jayson went with the overwhelming majority and said that her name was Derpy.

In Winter Wrap Up, a clutzy pony named Ditzy Doo was referenced but not shown. Some fans, upset with perceived mockery of the handicapped surrounding Derpy, took this as evidence that Derpy's "true" name was Ditzy. Faust said that the name at the time was referring to her undeveloped clutz pony, not Jayson's derped/grey/yellow/bubbles clutz pony, but that she was open to the idea of merging the two characters, since there isn't really enough room for both.

Amy Keating Rogers was mildly aware of Derpy and her fan-favorite status (writers are supposed to try and avoid the fans so it doesn't affect the writing, but that's not entirely possible), so she wrote Derpy Hooves into an episode as fanservice, but she thought the pony's name was Ditzy Doo. Jayson told her the name was Derpy, not Ditzy. Last I heard, AKR thought the name was Derpy Doo. Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity/Luna's VA) was given Derpy's role, but she mistakenly thought Derpy was a boy, so she voiced the character lower and slower, possibly suggesting retardation.

When Derpy became canon, the Derpy-haters raged, and accused everyone of mocking the handicapped, so Hasbro (extremely fearful of the PC police) pulled the episode, censored Derpy's name, straightened her eyes, and re-recorded her voice.

There are some indications that Derpy was censored completely from later in-production appearances, and it seems unlikely that Derpy has any future with the show.

The Comic-Con exclusive Derpy toy made by Hasbro's toy department seems to still recognize Derpy.

Thanks for this. That was pretty much everything I needed.

I always had my own theory that Tabitha went a bit overboard with her own part, then used the "It's a guy! I was mistaken!" thing to cover her tail. I didn't really care either way though.

Razek

Banned
In celebration of an entire 1 person being able to see the aurora in my thread, have some aurora ponies!

^This is probably my favorite MLP art of all time. (I've posted and mentioned that in here before I'm preeeettty sure)

brian577

Banned

A Hasbro representative stated in a Comic-Con interview that she would continue to appear but probably not in a speaking role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom