• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
Okay people, time to fess up: which one of you is/was running this Twitter account?

https://twitter.com/ponygaf

lol what the hell, whos running this.

they havent posted in a while.

WOAH NOW NEW BEST EPISODE SPOILERS C'MON GUYS CLICK IT

Episode Title: Magic Duel
Air Date: December 1st 2012
Synopsis: When Trixie returns to Ponyville, she defeats Twilight and banishes her from town.

YES.

i am hyped.

Well, pack it up, it's all over.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=69682
If this happens we can kiss MLP and The Hub goodbye. At least before we had a chance at a 4th season but we all know how the House of Mouse rolls when it comes to TV shows, 65 episode and that's it.

SPIDER MAN RIDING ON RAINBOW DASH WITH KING MICKEY AND COULD STRIFE FIGHTING DARTH VADER IN KINGDOM HEARTS 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

YES YES YES.

tumblr_md1cb62f0z1r4nckfo1_500.jpg

so hot.

OK ALSO

i got my Derpy toy.

and also their sold out already on Hot Topics website lol.

#SWAG

Xzeon

Banned
anyone picking up 25 bucks of pony merch at Hot Topic will get this paper craft thing.

20121031_ht_nodebanner-MLP

so if you want to get a Dashie and Derpy youll get this paper craft thing as a bonus!

kinda cool

Well, pack it up, it's all over.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=69682
If this happens we can kiss MLP and The Hub goodbye. At least before we had a chance at a 4th season but we all know how the House of Mouse rolls when it comes to TV shows, 65 episode and that's it.
Not necessarily. When Disney bought Marvel, they barely involved themselves in the actual comics, so even if Disney did buy Hasbro, it just means they could keep The Hub as just another channel they own.

As for episode limits, they have made exceptions. Phineas and Ferb have 100 episodes now, and Kim Possible ended with 87. So long as the show remains popular, they will fund it past the 65-limit.

Cheerilee

Not necessarily. When Disney bought Marvel, they barely involved themselves in the actual comics, so even if Disney did buy Hasbro, it just means they could keep The Hub as just another channel they own.
Well, the Hub is currently in a money-losing growth stage, with no guarantee that it'll ever pay off, so it's possible that if Disney takes over, they might intervene and say "Why bother?" and cherry-pick the Hub's most popular shows to be carried by the Disney Channel, which automatically gets much better ratings than the Hub does, and if the Hub's network infrastructure is seen as an asset (there are generally all sort of barriers to setting up your own TV channel, so I'm sure any existing channel is worth money), they could rebrand the Hub into "Disney Channel Two" and make it a dumping ground for less-popular Disney/Hasbro titles.

The Hub might even grow and get more buyers if it was rebranded as a "Disney Channel Two".

I'm not sure if Hasbro's relationship with Discovery (part owner of the Hub and former occupant of that space) would have something to say about that, but Disney has plenty of lawyers and negotiators and moneybags, so that's their problem.

As for episode limits, they have made exceptions. Phineas and Ferb have 100 episodes now, and Kim Possible ended with 87. So long as the show remains popular, they will fund it past the 65-limit.
Yeah, Disney doesn't have any particular attachment to ending shows at 65 episodes, they're just ruthless, and good with money. If your show is losing money, or it's earning money but they think some other show might earn them more than you do, then you're basically finished, BUT if it makes financial sense because it could earn them more money in a syndication package, they will delay their axe until you reach 65 episodes. It's a combination of ruthlessness and benevolence. Because money.

Also, I just had a thought. Rob Renzetti is already on Disney with Gravity Falls. Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust are coming soon to Disney with Wander Over Yonder. And Lauren said that lately Disney is THE best place to be for creative types. My Little Pony might actually follow Lauren if Disney absorbs Hasbro Studios. Sure, DHX is in a physically different location, but if they join the same family there are sure to be opportunities for interaction. Like Jayson gets called in to Disney HQ for a meeting, and Lauren also gets called in for a different meeting, and Rob for another, they can all bump into each other and have it be entirely not weird. Not like it would ever really be weird, but you get what I mean.

Scirrocco

Or they could just fold it into the disney channel. Ponies excepted, theres not a whole lot people would miss if the hub disappeared. Or they could just put out an endless stream of straight to dvd/download specials/ movies.

I'm a little skeptical though. Although disney has some deep pockets, spending $8 billion (Marvel + Lucasfilm) on purchases in just a few years is a pretty big drain on their finances, even if they're almost guaranteed to be successful. Even if something happens, it will probably be a few years or more until Disney is ready to 'pony up' the cash.

LuffyZoro

Double posting because I felt this news was important enough to justify it.

Edel (a German store) has said that they will be stocking pony Blu-rays by March!

LuffyZoro

Stock in the Pawtucket-based toymaker (HAS:Nasdaq) spiked 6.8 percent to $38.66 at the opening bell amid speculation that Disney (DIS:NYSE) was preparing a multi-billion dollar bid for Hasbro.

Hasbro declined comment, citing its policy of not talking about rumor or speculation. CNBC analyst David Faber reported that Hasbro's advisors told him there's "absolutely nothing going on that they are aware of at all, in any way, shape or form" involving Hasbro or Disney.
Wall Street analysts said a Disney acquisition didn't make much sense, just after Disney agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion. And for any deal to happen, Hasbro would have to dissolve agreements with Disney's competitors.

I see im not the only one playing the game hahahaha.
Entertaining cityt builder with some minigames, official voice actors and instrumental music of some of daniel ingram's tracks.

Also there seems to be lots of little jokes for fans, and a lot of unlockable characters.

EDIT YES Just Unlocked Pinkie Pie! Hahaha

Lol at Derpy being only an easter egg becuase they can write her name anymore. Even one of the Pinkie Pie missions that wants you to search her around the map only calls her friend various times. lol

And trixie is called Trixie the Magnificant and not Trixie Lulamoon. And Octavia and DjPon3 appear by those names.

BTW Thers one of the missions where Pinkie Pie tells you to erase 5 not wanted objects, but erasing some trees doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone now how to complete that mission?

Morgadeth

Mine too.

Also...

It's pretty neat so far, has some nice instrumental versions of show music too.

I'm looking forward to the Android release

Lol at Derpy being only an easter egg becuase they can write her name anymore. Even one of the Pinkie Pie missions that wants you to search her around the map only calls her friend various times. lol

And trixie is called Trixie the Magnificant and not Trixie Lulamoon. And Octavia and DjPon3 appear by those names.

BTW Thers one of the missions where Pinkie Pie tells you to erase 5 not wanted objects, but erasing some trees doesnt seem to do anything. Anyone now how to complete that mission?
Make up your mind, Hasbro.

The game isn't online intensive is it? I have a fairly small data limit on my plan.

Nah, it only enters online when you want to visit your friend's ponyvilles (entering the friends menu for example), the real money store, etc.. or thats what it seems.
Some of the missions want you to share shit with friends, but the game gives you the option to use spike's diamonds so you dont need to do that mission for example. The bad thing is, diamonds is the valuable "coin" of the game, to make things faster or unlock some of the most valuable things (like celestia).

BTW, any mode to exchange ponyvilles with members of GAF with the game to do some of the missions? Wouldnt like to spend one of the diamonds.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wish there had been more entries, that page was boring. Luffy, send me a friend request on steam (It's still DrForester) and I'll send you the key.

Wait, is that an official comic?

Someone is going to get a polite but firm letter from the BBC soon...

They may not call him Doctor Whooves, but that is a Weeping Angel. By the way, don't blink.

Using something as parody is totally legal, even more, that not really a weeping angle, is a weeping pegasus :p
Nah but seriously, they cant do anything against that, they are not using any registred names, only similar things used as parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom