• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
628a83e704585c4e6b2238f0331cc430.png

Not exactly pony related, but I'd like to give big thanks to Cleo for gifting me Dark Souls. Now I have to survive it...
*Fluttershy is already dead*

Yes, another person to enjoy the dark world of Lordran. Good luck in your journey, and be sure to ask around the community if you need help, or whatever. Or me, either way.

On topic: $200, that picture is mean! Having said that, I love it.

The whole song sucked, easily the worst song in the entire series so far.
Harsh. Personally found it one of the best ones since S1; which was a relief since I wasn't a fan of any of the S2 music to be honest. Though I like 'em catchy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

holiday_plushies_by_raikoh_illust-d5p6lid.jpg

More and more progress. I am still doing another Scoots, but in the meantime, my brother and I try our hands at non-ponies for a change. Stupid imgur is sucking on my end.. sorry in advanced.
uzBgIl.jpg

My burro, Burrito (still trying to come up with a slightly better name, but for now..) In his own version of hell, featuring the pink devil herself!

fndY9l.jpg

Front view

XFpCLl.jpg

behind (yes, he is a fat one)

In progress work of Zed, the zony. Hmm rather than post, I'll link it. Might be... disturbing

For the love of all that is right in the world, don't click this link! In progress Zed goes nuts. I am sorry Belle Eve was there... forgot about her.

The great thing about the burro? Since he was an almost full custom, we added a ball-socket joint in his neck for articulation. Still have some mane to trim down, but overall works well enough.

I'll have more starting next year. Still have a Kirin, a Scoots, and maybe a Longma (if I ever get one of the artist here or anywhere to help me ponify one... =p) Always open to ideas, and or suggestions. Maybe I'll try a Princess soon. Luna needs a better thing than she has now.

Merry Christmas to all those who wish. I am not that type, but I shan't rain on anyone's parade.

judhudson

More and more progress. I am still doing another Scoots, but in the meantime, my brother and I try our hands at non-ponies for a change. Stupid imgur is sucking on my end.. sorry in advanced.

The great thing about the burro? Since he was an almost full custom, we added a ball-socket joint in his neck for articulation. Still have some mane to trim down, but overall works well enough.

I'll have more starting next year. Still have a Kirin, a Scoots, and maybe a Longma (if I ever get one of the artist here or anywhere to help me ponify one... =p) Always open to ideas, and or suggestions. Maybe I'll try a Princess soon. Luna needs a better thing than she has now.

Merry Christmas to all those who wish. I am not that type, but I shan't rain on anyone's parade.

That is downright adorable :D You and I are probably the only two donkey/mule/burro fans on here XD

Now how do I go about requesting one? ;)

I have seen "A Very Minty Christmas"'

***NOOOO!***

God, not THAT one! I have bad memories of that stupid pony thing, as my sister watched it over and over again, and the worst part was all her Strawberry Shortcake videos had an extra long preview of the "VERY MINTY CHRISTMAS, THIS YEEEEEEEAAARR!!!!" Ahhh! No opinion on Star Catcher, although I have a blindbag Minty just because of that movie.

I shall confess, watching Minty cry over that stupid Christmas star made me laugh weirdly everytime. (or whatever it was, I blacked out except at the whining part)

That is downright adorable :D You and I are probably the only two donkey/mule/burro fans on here XD

Now how do I go about requesting one? ;)

Do what the Owl did, and simply ask. Granted, I still have to ask him to PAY for his Scoots, but that'll be squared away when it is done. No idea what the cost will be, as my brother did the molding (the head and body) from scratch, so it cost me more than a standard pony.

I'll get back to you if you'd like. Just PM me with what you want or whatever.

BDGAME

Here in Brazil, today as a special Christmas day, they pass the "Canterlot Wedding" episode. My big surprise is see they use in Shine Armor the same voice actor of Goku. hehehe

Cheerilee

Er, it doesn't exist anymore...? What happened in the alternate ending?

It's good, but it's "less ambiguous", as Meghan put it. The alternate ending makes things more clear. Somebody (probably Meghan) decided to cut that ending from Merriweather's script, probably in order to leave it more open-ended. If a later episode comes back to the subject of Lightning Dust's relationship with RD, or RD's status with the Wonderbolts, those episodes would (presumably) establish this ending as canon (unless they changed their plans in the meantime). It's just a matter of whether or not Meghan wanted to leave us hanging for those episodes (which could improve those episodes).

If that's what Meghan wanted, just to leave us hanging until these subjects come up again, then I'm not sure she should have tweeted this alternate ending.

blamite

The cut ending is way better, it makes it clear that Lighting Dust was just knocked down a leve and not outright kicked out of the academy. I always thought the original episode was overly harsh on her; sure she was a bit reckless but she was still the best flier. She didn't even do anything crazy until the tornado.

I meant to post about this somewhere back when the episode first came out, but I really hate the way her story developed. The tornado was the only mistake she made that she's actually totally responsible for. Rainbow Dash only hurt her wing because she wasn;t as good as Dust. Pushing everyone ahead of her out of the way was dumb, considering how much everyone else sucked it honestly didn't make much of a difference. The tornado, yeah, that was bad, no doubt there. But then all of a sudden she's getting blamed for everything else that happened, and she's basically treated as a villain like Trixie or the Flim Flams, and that's kinda nuts.

I guess basically I just hate that she got blamed for RD hurting her wing, since really she had nothing to do with that, that was just Dash pushing herself too hard to keep up with a move she wasn't able to pull off. That's my main problem with the episode.

If I had written the episode, everyone at the academy would have been a pretty decent flier, and Rainbow would've had to learn that even though she's used to being the best at everything, as she moves up to higher levels of competition others are going to be better at certain things, and that that's okay. That would have given her more character development than just ending up at the top again.

brian577

Banned
I meant to post about this somewhere back when the episode first came out, but I really hate the way her story developed. The tornado was the only mistake she made that she's actually totally responsible for. Rainbow Dash only hurt her wing because she wasn;t as good as Dust. Pushing everyone ahead of her out of the way was dumb, considering how much everyone else sucked it honestly didn't make much of a difference. The tornado, yeah, that was bad, no doubt there. But then all of a sudden she's getting blamed for everything else that happened, and she's basically treated as a villain like Trixie or the Flim Flams, and that's kinda nuts.

No, she got hurt because they were moving too fast and she couldn't see in front of LD. You can't blame her for not being psychic. LD was lead pony that means RD is required to follow her and do as she is told. There was also no point in pushing ahead of everyone else because it wasn't a race. Their only goal was to complete the course and remain in sync, which she was required to do lest she be disqualified.

Cheerilee

No, she got hurt because they were moving too fast and she couldn't see in front of LD. You can't blame her for not being psychic. LD was lead pony that means RD is required to follow her and do as she is told.
RD had a great view of the obstacle, she was the one who first spotted the flag. They were diving towards it side-by-side (RD still had a perfect view), and then RD said that they should slow down because she didn't think they could both make it through at that speed, meaning they can't go through side-by-side (unless they slow down).

LD said "heh" and increased her speed. RD also increased her speed and pulled behind LD, single-file. RD couldn't see past LD flying single-file, which presumably is what caused RD to clip her wing.

LD didn't order RD to fly at an unsafe speed/distance ratio, or even one RD was uncomfortable with, she didn't give any orders. All she did was dismiss the idea of slowing down, and chose instead to speed up.

RD went into single file formation on her own initiative (after LD apparently made side-by-side flying impossible), and RD was in a position to set the distance between herself and LD. I don't blame RD, and I get why she was mad at LD, but RD clipped her own wing.

There was also no point in pushing ahead of everyone else because it wasn't a race. Their only goal was to complete the course and remain in sync, which she was required to do lest she be disqualified.
Except that it was a race.

Spitfire: This is not a race. Speed doesn't matter.
Lightning Dust: You're lying. Speed always matters.
Spitfire: LOL, you're right. Speed does always matter. Good job in defying my orders and winning this non-race. Here's a gold star.

LD's biggest flaw is that she knows the score. She's not dense like RD. She knows that she's not like other ponies, she's much faster, but instead of being content with that, she throws herself into training and explores the limits of her own ability (and sometimes that leads to failure). I expect she doesn't have any real friends, and RD is her first.

Edit: Also, Trixie and the Flim Flam brothers aren't villains.

RD had a great view of the obstacle, she was the one who first spotted the flag. They were diving towards it side-by-side (RD still had a perfect view), and then RD said that they should slow down because she didn't think they could both make it through at that speed, meaning they can't go through side-by-side (unless they slow down).

LD said "heh" and increased her speed. RD also increased her speed and pulled behind LD, single-file. RD couldn't see past LD flying single-file, which presumably is what caused RD to clip her wing.

LD didn't order RD to fly at an unsafe speed/distance ratio, or even one RD was uncomfortable with, she didn't give any orders. All she did was dismiss the idea of slowing down, and chose instead to speed up.

RD went into single file formation on her own initiative (after LD apparently made side-by-side flying impossible), and RD was in a position to set the distance between herself and LD. I don't blame RD, and I get why she was mad at LD, but RD clipped her own wing.

Except that it was a race.

Spitfire: This is not a race. Speed doesn't matter.
Lightning Dust: You're lying. Speed always matters.
Spitfire: LOL, you're right. Speed does always matter. Good job in defying my orders and winning this non-race. Here's a gold star.

LD's biggest flaw is that she knows the score. She's not dense like RD. She knows that she's not like other ponies, she's much faster, but instead of being content with that, she throws herself into training and explores the limits of her own ability (and sometimes that leads to failure). I expect she doesn't have any real friends, and RD is her first.

Edit: Also, Trixie and the Flim Flam brothers aren't villains.
I usually love your teachings, but you do understand the concept of lead pony and wing pony, right?

LD was leading, so RD went single file to follow, as a wing pony should. Wing pony also informed the lead pony the dangers of going too fast. Lead pony should have known not to fly too fast for the wing pony to read and follow. Lead pony doesn't mean to do whatever you want and enjoy that everyone can't follow.

McNum

Trixie was a villain in her second episode. Influenced by an ancient evil artifact, sure, but when you take over Ponyville by force, and transform ponies against their will, you're a villain. Not to mention the whole giant glass bowl thing. Where did she get one of those anyway? She got better, though. But she was definitely the Bad Guy Pony in that one.

In Boast Busters, she wasn't a villain, true, she was just a blowhard that suddenly ended up having to back up her words with actions. And failed. She probably didn't deserve having her stuff broken, but she did deserve to get her bluff called. Lesson being "If you're going to make up a story to brag, at least look up what you're bragging about first."

On a non-Trixie point, I think the last episode made me understand Applejack a bit more. If she lost her parents just as she was becoming an adult, it makes sense she has a neurosis about being dependable. She suddenly ended up having to be VERY dependable to keep the farm running and keep Apple Bloom fed. She basically got promoted to parent for her little sister. And something like that can't be easy to tackle, even if she has her big brother and granny to help. It's funny how two shooting stars and a wistful look can say so much about a character. Applejack has to be dependable because her family depends on her. Which over time turned into having to be dependable, no matter what. Setting up both Applebuck Season and The Last Roundup where she learned that it's okay to ask for help if you need it and that if you give it all you got, but fall a little short, nopony will look down on you for it.

Applejack is actually a fairly interesting character, she's just a little conservative and boring to watch sometimes, but that's just how she likes it. Dependable, stable, and honest. The only promise more unbreakable than a Pinkie Promise is one Applejack made. A deal is a deal.

Cheerilee

I usually love your teachings, but you do understand the concept of lead pony and wing pony, right?

LD was leading, so RD went single file to follow, as a wing pony should. Wing pony also informed the lead pony the dangers of going too fast. Lead pony should have known not to fly too fast for the wing pony to read and follow. Lead pony doesn't mean to do whatever you want and enjoy that everyone can't follow.

RD knew the obstacle was there.

LD wasn't going too fast, she was going too fast for double file. LD accelerated into the obstacle, and pulled through it just fine.

If RD had kept her initial speed, LD's agressive move would have given RD the space she needed to clear the obstacle without the need for slowing down.

RD didn't keep her initial speed. RD accelerated into LD's flank and lost her sightline on the obstacle she knew was coming, and at that speed RD obviously didn't have enough reaction time at the distance she set. If RD didn't have the skill to follow LD that close at that speed, then she shouldn't have done it. LD didn't order her to fly that way.

Cheerilee

I'd say that they were portrayed somewhat villainously, at least, in the same sense LD was. As characters who were an obstacle due to their going about things the wrong way.

Nah, "villain" implies a significant amount of evil. The word you're looking for is probably "antagonist".

Nightmare Moon was a villain because she tried to take control of the day/night cycle. She was also inherently evil and quite likely to do more, although she didn't really go through with much (she didn't even create the second Eternal Night, that was Celestia's doing, as part of a plan for the greater good).

Discord was a villain, although not really so much of an evil one, because he toyed with those less powerful than him.

Queen Chrysalis was a villain because she kidnapped/impersonated Cadence, tried to steal Shining Armor, beat Celestia, and led an army to try and take over Canterlot/Equestria. Her villain status might be revoked if we knew more about her motivations (probably not, but it's possible).

King Sombra was a villain, I guess, because he enslaved a kingdom and was apparently likely to do even more due to inherent evilness.

Trixie was an artist whose art was unreasonably hated by Rarity/Applejack, and may have been inappropriate for unsupervised children and Spike. She might be classified as an antagonist, but the others (not including Twilight) acted with much more evil than Trixie did, which was near-zero.

Trixie's second appearance was villainous, but she was under the influence of an evil artifact, which makes her no more a villain than Luna.

The Flim Flam brothers were ordinary ponies in possession of a valuable tool, who expected to be compensated for their advantageous position with comfortable employment. The Apples were fools to send them away, and they were entirely justified in challenging the Apples for their position. They were kind of lazy and stupid, and I wouldn't doubt it if someone accused them of stealing the machine through some kind of con, but nobody ever made that accusation, and without it I can't see any evil at all.

Babs Seed was worse than Trixie, the FF bros, and Lightning Dust combined, but even so, she was just a bully, not a villain.

judhudson

I don't mean to steer away from the discussion, but may I request some pics? Trying to find pics of sarcastic/assholish ponies (mainly RD but any ponies will do). I use them for my FB profile...right now I only have two:

LD's biggest failing wasn't what she did (because everyone in the series has made some pretty dumb moves from time to time), but how she acted about it. When she was confronted by the fact that her tornado could have killed someone, she basically blew it off and showed no remorse about it.

I don't think of her as a villain or even "evil," but she was definitely self-centered to an extreme and does deserve at least some of the scorn she got.

$200

Banned
LD wasn't going too fast, she was going too fast for double file. LD accelerated into the obstacle, and pulled through it just fine.

If RD had kept her initial speed, LD's agressive move would have given RD the space she needed to clear the obstacle without the need for slowing down.

"Lead ponies and wing ponies must fly together. If any pair splits apart, they will be immediately disqualified." - Spitfire

If RD did not accelerate she would have risked being disqualified.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"Lead ponies and wing ponies must fly together. If any pair splits apart, they will be immediately disqualified." - Spitfire

If RD did not accelerate she would have risked being disqualified.

Pretty much, despite fans speculation to the contrary, RD is actually a good team player. LD was not. Everyone sees Dash as a speed freak, but when you look at it, RD is really fast, yes, but she's always practicing stunts, the technical bits. Even her gala dreams were her flying WITH the Wonderbolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom