• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what today is? Winter Wrap-up (in the Northern Hemisphere, at least)!

We have ana amazing festivity here (Valencia in Spain) called Fallas were we burn giant and awesome monuments the night of the 19th. Just finished two hours ago, that our winter wrap up lol.

Also it's not an ask blog but Harry Truman's Fimbriae is wonderfully bizarre.

Mane 6 doin stuff:

ewGJirJ.png

Llama Pinkie? I hope so!

I would agree there were pacing issue sin many episodes of S3, but I still enjoyed it.
I like that they gave soft endings to all the characters that would have made appropriate stopping points had the series ended.

I still say the route they went with Discord worked fine. I really didn't mind the ending, and didn't really see it as a pacing issue. Discord was a self centered person, I think it's much more appropriate for him to be suddenly hit with losing his only friend than a gradual change over an episode. It seems more in tune with his character. And as I've said before, reforming him was the only way they could have gone with the character. They can't just bring him back to steal the elements and get turned to stone at the end again, and again.

As for Twilight, there are many roads they can do down now that she's a Princess. They can move her to a more supporting role like the other Princesses. Have her open up a magic school in Ponyville.

tumblr_mbxiq6kHhh1rxzaoho8_r1_1280.png

Ultimately though, they don't really need to do much. She's still Celestia's student. She still has a lot to learn.
Im in exactly the same opinion with this. If thigns like discord and twilight princess (no pun intended) turn great in the 4th season, I will be very happy with it. And it would be awesome if we had teacher twilight like in the comics, I wouldnt mind a bit that direction.

Xzeon

Banned

eh, oh well, not really excited for it anyway.

what you were saying about the soft ending for the characters, S3 did feel like the end.

it totally felt like the end of the show, we hit 65 eps, Scoots finally became RDs sister, Dash got into the Wonderbolts Academy, Discord was redeemed, and then Twi became an Alicorn.

it was like, they didnt know if they were getting cancelled, so they had to leave everything open for a potential S4 while still giving closure to a lot of plot threads just in case they got shut down.

and now because of it being renewed, S4 is gonna be strange. they have a lot new things to work with, plot elements that need elaborated on, not to mention a new main character possibly.

i await S4 with curiosity and hope, but im fully prepared for it to be complete garbage.

Cheerilee

wait wait wait....

seasons are measured differently around the world?

Seasons are measured by how hot/cold it is. Each country has their own system, based on the weather, even America, which can have heat waves on the same day when it has blizzards.

You'd think they would adopt a system centered on the summer/winter solstices, and let people figure out for themselves how their towns deviate from the norm, but you've seen how hard it is to get people to use the metric system. Now try telling someone it's technically summer when they're not wearing shorts yet.

Xzeon

Banned
Seasons are measured by how hot/cold it is. Each country has their own system, based on the weather, even America, which can have heat waves on the same day when it has blizzards.

You'd think they would adopt a system centered on the summer/winter solstices, and let people figure out for themselves how their towns deviate from the norm, but you've seen how hard it is to get people to use the metric system. Now try telling someone it's technically summer when they're not wearing shorts yet.

our system is like, this date is when a season starts, every year its the same, and its always like that no matter the weather.

so everyone else is like, if its hot, its still summer? so summer can be like 11 months long or something?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
America uses Solstice/Equinox dates to start seasons, although English people used to use Solstice/Equinox dates as midpoints.

If you're in the tropics you have a wet season and a dry season.

PaulloDEC

i know your in a different season, but i thought they were measured the same as ours.

I don't think our seasons match seasons overseas in any significant way (except being in the same rotation). For example, our January is blazing hot and it lies in our Summer months, whereas, as I understand it, January in the US lies in Winter and is cold accordingly.

Also, all of this.

our system is like, this date is when a season starts, every year its the same, and its always like that no matter the weather.

so everyone else is like, if its hot, its still summer? so summer can be like 11 months long or something?

Nope, our seasons are fixed liked yours. They just occur at different times of year to the US. That's why I always struggle when an announcement references an American season, because the months and seasons match up differently overseas (like here in Australia, for example).

Cheerilee

Your local weather is what was used to set the start points. Once set, you can keep them for centuries. Unless global warming or something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seasons in the southern hemisphere are just inverted because of the Earth's axial tilt. Winter is Summer, Fall is Spring, and so on.

PaulloDEC

Yeah, because she's been so trustworthy in the past.
https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/259396578207469568

If I had to guess, I'd say that the Rarity story probably got bumped to S4 as a result of the short season. Doesn't make sense to think she'd tweet about a story if it wasn't something they genuinely had planned.

sunset shimmer is best pony

discuss

At the risk of earning groans from the community, I really like her mane. Seriously, it's neat.

brian577

Banned
If I had to guess, I'd say that the Rarity story probably got bumped to S4 as a result of the short season. Doesn't make sense to think she'd tweet about a story if it wasn't something they genuinely had planned.

That was posted less than a month before the premier of the season. She certainly would have known what season 3 was going to be like by that time.

Cheerilee

This should put some (irrational) fears to rest:

Season 4 is already in the works. It was probably too late to entirely remove Twilight from the show and replace her with Sunset Shimmer.

Actually, it's still not too late. I mean, they removed Derpy. It's computer-animated. All they have to do is delete Twilight's model, replace her with Sunset's, and splice some dialog lines. Even Friendship is Witchcraft can do that much.

But it's probably too late for them to do a really good job. I mean, Twi's probably going to fly around and show off her new wings, and Sunset has magic, so I'm sure they can find a way to make her fly, but it would be pushing things. They probably just asked for permission to push the Twipocalypse off to season 5.

Season 5 will be all about Twi getting sidelined (before the opening music of the first episode), while Sunset uses her special power to open a magical pathway to the Masked Kingdom, and leads the Mane 5 there on a season-long exploration mission.

PaulloDEC

That was posted less than a month before the premier of the season. She certainly would have known what season 3 was going to be like by that time.

It's weird though, right? I mean, why lie? It wasn't even as if someone asked her a question, she just came out and announced it. What does she have to gain by making stuff up when people are going to find out in a matter of weeks?

I'm certain there's more than meets the eye with that tweet, most likely behind-the-scenes shenanigans.

My min days in New Zealand, it's pretty much a lackadaisical start of certain months like Spring being September, Winter being June. Something like that.
How can you not find an adorable robotic foal quoting Sartre hilarious

Sweetie Bot is literally the only thing I found funny about previous episodes everything else seemed painfully uninspired and unfunny.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

It's true. Op/ed songs are just being used for cd ads. Pinkie va in japan has a5 debut album in 2 weeks and the b side song is going to be used as the mlp op. The songs will probably change each season. Or maybe even twice a season.

Cheerilee

Link doesn't work for me...

Me neither, but if I go to famitsu.com, there's a story on the front page with ponies, and if I click on that, then it works, even though it has the exact same URL. Probably just some anti-direct-linking tech.

Basically, it just seems to be a news story about the Japanese-dubbed MLP:FIM airing on TV in Japan.

Cheerilee

He could be Spiku, and MLP Nippon becomes an overdubbed adult oriented laugh track comedy...but no...

"Rarity..I.."/Charlton Heston voice

Nah, he's posing between the VA's for RD, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity, all of whom are holding their respective Pony toys, and he's holding a Twilight Sparkle toy.

Spike is most likely this grumpy-faced Japanese guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom