• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mk8nieBslC1s4b6afo1_1280.png

http://heartstrings-daily.tumblr.com/

My exact reaction.

I swear belongs in the cute video game characters thread because My Little Pony games exist. But barely and I don't think Game side would appreciate a thin excuse to post pony.
guys, whats your fave fan made pony?
I don't think I've ever kept up with any fan made ponies other than Ruby from story of the blanks.

I'm not big into OCs.

So I guess it would be Ruby. I don't know much about any OCs outside of the ones from Story of the Blanks. That was a production of high enough quality to make me care about OCs.
Yesterday i was at the Tokyo Anime Fair and i see a MLP stand in there.

I was pretty surprised to see that in Japan.
Ooh, hi there. You are probably a bit more fluent/knowledgable about Japanese than I am.
http://youtu.be/yPOfTlkGCbo
Could you possibly translate this for me at least to the point of telling me the basic gist of what's going on?

Edit: Just in case I have to remove this and because perhaps I should give warning to this sort of thing which might offend people. It's a Hitler Reacts video made by Japanese people with Japanese subtitles. It's interesting enough that Japan made a "Hitler reacts" meme video. But it appears to be made in reaction to disappointment over something going on with the My Little Pony localization.

I'm giving fair warning though because I know a lot of offensive material is a taboo and bannable offense on NeoGAF. And because maybe some users don't want exposure to it. I don't know exactly where in the sand neoGAF draws the line in the sand even after reading the rules multiple times. So if not okay, I'm sorry and I'll remove it. And hopefully not get banned!

Cheerilee

They better give them the license even if they don't make it. Just the offer has brought in a ton of donations.

AFAIK, Mane 6 has already been given a warm invitation to license the Skullgirls engine, but it will cost money upfront (details to be negotiated), and if Mane 6 decides to monetize the game (they probably will), then Lab Zero will want a percentage of their profits (details to be negotiated).

But if Lab Zero's kickstarter reaches 750k (regardless of where exactly the money comes from), then they've pledged to give Mane 6 the license for free, with no cost upfront and no royalty fees.

Mane 6 is encouraging donations because that's apparently a sweet deal, and even if the donations don't reach the goal, whatever does get raised will go towards improving the engine that Mane 6 intends to license, not to mention improving a game that's enjoyed by Mane 6.

But if Mane 6 and Lab Zero are on as good terms as they appear to be, and the kickstarter comes close to reaching it's stretch goal, then that'll probably be reflected in their negotiations.

Cheerilee

Off topic, but I was just catching up on some Littlest Pet Shop (which BTW does seem to be getting better as it goes along, let's hope this trend holds), and Daniel Ingram went 80's. The pets are even referencing Jem and the Holograms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpuQ_IwRF2k

For context, the "humanarian" the pets refer to in the song is because Blythe is sick, and they believe she needs to be taken to a "human veterinarian".

blamite

Off topic, but I was just catching up on some Littlest Pet Shop (which BTW does seem to be getting better as it goes along, let's hope this trend holds), and Daniel Ingram went 80's. The pets are even referencing Jem and the Holograms.

For context, the "humanarian" the pets refer to in the song is because Blythe is sick, and they believe she needs to be taken to a "human veterinarian".

Yes the show is super god and this is a good example of why come on guys you need t watch this thing.

And to make this post not totally worthless here's Twilight dressed as Zoe Trent:

Xzeon

Banned

what the hell did i just watch.

this is like a nightmare on acid.

now this song will be in my head all day.

akira28

so the skullgirls fund raiser is getting up there. Is the pony fandom sticking with this at all to make Mane6 even more of a reality? If it doesn't go through, will it be a hindrance?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yes the show is super god and this is a good example of why come on guys you need t watch this thing.

And to make this post not totally worthless here's Twilight dressed as Zoe Trent:

Everyone knows Zoe is Celestia in disguise scouting out the human world before zapping the girls there.

$200

Banned

I hate to judge things by appearance but the character design and overall visuals are just...dreadful. Replace them with pretty ponies and I will happily jump in.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
LPS was background noise if I forgot to change the channel after ponies. It's alright, but the humans are boring and most the pets suck.

Hello again, folks!

As you might know already, the Skullgirls' Indiegogo campaign is now in the final stretch, time and money wise. With a bit over 33 hours to go at the moment of this post, the Skullgirls Indiegogo campaign has reached over 650k in crowdfunding, which means that

a) People are awesome
b) Skullgirls gets moar funding
and
c) Our shot at getting the Z-engine to use in our game for free is now closer than ever!

Having said that, we'd like to again invite people to keep on donating and spreading the word, not only because we get the engine at 725k, but also because the guys over at LabZero are FREAKING AWESOME and deserve all the support they can get. Also because they announced earlier on twitter they'd make a playable Robo-Fortune (which by definition has to be the awesomest Fortune ever) also at the 725k goal mark. So that's not one, but TWO reasons to get it there, now! You can donate to them by clicking the site's temporary header, by going to this link, or by clicking on the nifty widget in our sidebar.

We'd also like to, once again, thank everyone still supporting us (And Labzero), and donating to the Indiegogo campaign to make their game grow, and to give ours a chance to grow too!, We really can't say enough how happy we're to have such a great fanbase! You guys rock!

On related news, the last Salty Cupcakes stream before the Indiegogo campaign reaches its end is happening tonight at 8PM PST on this link!, we'd recommend y'all jumped in there; You can ask the Skullgirls team some questions about their game, and you can also fraternize and interact with the Skullgirls community, which are great people to talk with if you're a fighting game fan, or if you would like to get introduced into the wonderful world of beating the candy out of people in fighting games.

Oh, and last, but not least: We were given this link by a friend of a friend, to what we're assured ain't a doomsday countdown, but a live-updated measure of how much time is left to reach the 725k goal, how much has been reached so far, and the average money-per-minute rate needed to 725k before the time's up. We don't know what sorcery this is, but it sure is neat!

Once again, thanks to everyone donating, to everyone spreading the word, and to everyone supporting us (and Labzero!)

We loves you guys.

http://www.mane6.com/2013/03/725k-final-frontier.html

And a donation counter: http://xestrix.com/sites/random/mane6/

Cheerilee

I hate to judge things by appearance but the character design and overall visuals are just...dreadful. Replace them with pretty ponies and I will happily jump in.
I agree on the character designs. They're just freaky. But after watching a bunch of the show, I sort of got used to it and my sense of dislike wore off.

LPS was background noise if I forgot to change the channel after ponies. It's alright, but the humans are boring and most the pets suck.
I agree on the characters not being great. But I'm getting the impression that the show spent some time introducing the characters because they had to, and now that that's sort of done, the show's not really about the characters so much anymore (IIRC, Hasbro described LPS as an "adventure" show for girls), at which point the show works, even with these characters. I'm hoping the show continues down this road.

Also, so far Whittany & Brittany are one of the high-points of the show.

Overall I would say LPS isn't a top-tier show, but it has the advantage of being made by DHX so I'm giving it preferred treatment, and it's well above the bar for girls' cartoons, and it has occasional sparks of brilliance that keep pushing the show into the "worth it" column in my books.

I'm currently watching much worse (
Stargate Universe
).

When the series first came out I never imagined it would be a big comics thing. Fan comics, yes, that's been a part of the fanart since the beginning.

Now we have a whole horde of official comics.

LuffyZoro

Someone in the Skullgirl's thread took it upon themself to improve Ego's guesses for the Fighting is Magic characters.

Original:
tumblr_mk0octjiYX1r5mwwuo1_1280.png

Mista Koo's:
1e0nQMG.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom