• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

Let's be fair here. This has been an issue for the looooooongest time. If not for this final straw breaking the camel's back, some of us would still be in the dark on what we can actually talk about.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Until we can break The Cycle, it will forever dominate our communities ability to discuss anything and everything remotely on topic.

Someone needs to volunteer to fill the role of Space Jesus. Job doesn't pay much, but you should see the sweet parking space you get.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
well this did not last long. The revolution is over, I'm tired and the spoilers win, I'm outta there. Just idling to wait for Myke and Orca and somehow get through the day in #manestreamgames.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I can be your Paragon Space Jesus. What's the wage?

+ 5 Reputation points per post. 10 of you quick-time broker a peace between two posters.

Also, I guess it's true that The Revolution Will Not Be Forumized? Most likely for the best. Just make sure the whole damn thing don't implode before tonight. I don't have the pecs to do a good Heston impression.

Prade

Smell that boys? It's the scent of subjectivity and close mindedness. Take a good hard whiff because she won't stick around for long. Okay that's enough, let's get back to being at each others throats over a Saturday morning/evening/night(?) cartoon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Smell that boys? It's the scent of subjectivity and close mindedness. Take a good hard whiff because she won't stick around for long. Okay that's enough, let's get back to being at each others throats over a Saturday morning/evening/night(?) cartoon.

that's it, I'm done with #PonyGAF for now.

Prade

that's it, I'm done with Prade for now.

Buf, please take it easy. Why is it that for so long you've kind just ignored people who genuinely see these restrictions as asinine, but once the tables have turned, you can't be bothered? I understand you've been comfortable with it like this for a while, but maybe giving this whole preview appetizer a try won't be so bad? I'm sorry you took my last post the wrong way, just a good ol jab is what I was going for.

Orcastar

This whole spoiler discussion was handled very poorly from what I can tell. The IRC has had these rules for a really long time and if they're going to be changed, the change should be discussed a lot more thoroughly beforehand.

Anyway, here's an alternative: Synchtube is tonight, and most IRC regulars usually attend. Why not put the spoiler thing to a vote after the episode? It's not the perfect solution since not everyone can attend, but it would at least give a lot more people the chance to weigh in on the decision.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Why is it that for so long you've kind just ignored people who genuinely see these restrictions as asinine, but once the tables have turned, you can't be bothered?

Because things worked fine the way they were, and because of one argument the chat room's divided itself? You can query users if you want to discuss the next episode.

Btw, totally would have used a paragon charm option if I was there...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Buf, please take it easy. Why is it that for so long you've kind just ignored people who genuinely see these restrictions as asinine, but once the tables have turned, you can't be bothered? I understand you've been comfortable with it like this for a while, but maybe giving this whole preview appetizer a try won't be so bad? I'm sorry you took my last post the wrong way, just a good ol jab is what I was going for.

You know, as I said before, my problem here isn't the actual rule on spoilers. I said I'd be fine with it as long as common sense is included, you even quoted me on that right here in this thread.

What my problem is, is that we've been absolutely fine since the chat was created with #ponyspoilers and even talking about different kind of stuff in the main chat. What my problem is, is some guy who's a "regular" for like 4 weeks now complaining every fucking time he's in the chat, about the same thing, because he wants to talk about spoilers and doesn't give a shit about what other people might want.
What my problem is, is how you and Forester all of a sudden are totally for spoilers, except you never said something about it, never started an actual, calm discussion about it and suddenly, while no one else except for me and Bak is in the channel, start a "discussion" we obviously have no chance of making a point in.

And what are your arguments? "#Ponyspoilers is always empty!" Yeah, good one, think about why? Because usually nobody cares about getting spoilered ahead of synchtube. Because everyone else is fine with as we did it for years now. Because the IRC was the only freaking way to avoid spoilers prior to synchtube.

But who cares about the synchtube guys, right?

I'm still in rage mode, so I may regret this later, but this is not at all why I joined PonyGAF and, later, the channel. See, I remember similar discussion (of the kind you can actually call a discussion) where everyone understood how some people don't want to read the story of a new ep before watching it. And everyone was okay with it, because everyone was just kind and understanding.
Today, 3 people didn't stop and wait for the other regulars to see what their opinion was. Today, all I heard was complaining and bitching, insults and "go fuck yourself"'s (yes, that REALLY put me off, nik). If that's your style to discuss things, you can happily do so, but don't think for a second I'll be participating in this.

Now I'll try to calm down. But yeah, that's basically it. #Ponygaf was the only place I could avoid spoilers prior to Synchtube, that's gone now.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
This whole spoiler discussion was handled very poorly from what I can tell. The IRC has had these rules for a really long time and if they're going to be changed, the change should be discussed a lot more thoroughly beforehand.

Anyway, here's an alternative: Synchtube is tonight, and most IRC regulars usually attend. Why not put the spoiler thing to a vote after the episode? It's not the perfect solution since not everyone can attend, but it would at least give a lot more people the chance to weigh in on the decision.

Allow me to treat you to a year of PonyGAF Gold, Mr. Orca. Your solution gets my Official Unsanctioned Supportive Nod O' Approval (tm)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Can anyone summarise the reactions in the kart fangame thread on gaming? I don't want to contribute to a shitstorm but I'm too scared to even see if it's positive. Besides, someone can squeeze the GAF project in there if it is.

Yeah I was supposed to be quitting this thread. I'm working on it.

Everytime I go on, we talk about random things, and yesterday Dark Souls...=p

My personal policy on spoilers is, I watch them, but NEVER spoil for others (one exception, my friend Mike in town is telling me he doesn't know why there is an uproar on the whole ME3 thing. I teased him a little, but didn't outright spoil it...THAT would be mean!)

Anyway..I just assume, if you don't want spoilers to stay offline, but that is very mean too. Hmm, if it helps, I won't talk spoilers. =/

akira28

I only give fake spoilers.

Like how Rarity and Spike were caught sitting in a tree. K-I-S-
S-I-*-*

Cmon dudes. We don't fight each other. We fight our enemies. Do we need to call for Jihad on SportsGAF to re-establish our friendship?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Watching in a stream made me loathe another aspect of the fandom - those Fluttershy worshipers who think she can do no wrong, the very people who pretty much view her as a purity sue and LOVE it.

Ugh, fandom - getting worse each passing day.

Watching in a stream made me loathe another aspect of the fandom - those Fluttershy worshipers who think she can do no wrong, the very people who pretty much view her as a purity sue and LOVE it.

Ugh, fandom - getting worse each passing day.

Nah, not ALL Flutter-fans are convinced she is perfect. In fact, I prefer it when she is acting contrary to what most Fluttershy fans like (bare in mind, I do this a lot, like a character for the quirks that they rarely show).

It does get sickening, I shall agree there, but she still is my favorite.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah, not ALL Flutter-fans are convinced she is perfect. In fact, I prefer it when she is acting contrary to what most Fluttershy fans like (bare in mind, I do this a lot, like a character for the quirks that they rarely show).

It does get sickening, I shall agree there, but she still is my favorite.

Oh I'm fine with Fluttershy.

What I hate are those "Awwww she's so perfect and cute" people, like those creepy otakus of certain moe characters. God, I only went to that stream because BronyState died, but man, had to see those posts. Be glad Fluttershy doesn't give that "UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~"

McNum

Oh I'm fine with Fluttershy.

What I hate are those "Awwww she's so perfect and cute" people, like those creepy otakus of certain moe characters. God, I only went to that stream because BronyState died, but man, had to see those posts. Be glad Fluttershy doesn't give that "UGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~"
I'm a Flutterfan, but I like her because she's NOT a perfect purity sue. She has a mean streak, she can be downright nasty if she wants to.

Then again, I think Twilight Sparkle is my favorite at the moment, but it's close. Besides, most of them are much more fun when they have another pony to play off. Pinkie and Rarity is a good combination, same with Dash and Fluttershy.

$200

Banned
Hey sugarcubes, want an apple?

DSC01099.jpg

Might need to fix the left eye a bit and make the left hoof slightly smaller. Time to watch new episode now.

Xzeon

Banned
The main problem is that we have a few people that fucking go insane and call for a mass lynching if someone even slightly describes one frame of animation in the new episodes.

Its been going on for ever and a lot of people are tired of it.

The second a synopsis is released its flooded to every corner of the interent, I have been spoiled a lot just by casually browsing Facebook and Reddit, but I dont freak out, its not a big deal.

It just makes discussion difficult when you cant talk about even the basic premise of the episode, you have to monitor whos in chat, who will get mad at what is said.

I personally have just gone with the strict "no info shall be posted about the new eps at all" rule in chat and thats the rule weve had for a long time, but people wanting to talk about minimal spoilers vs the Spoiler Nazis who flip their shit has just reached a boiling point.

I became obsessed with this show, as I tend to do with things, and now with all the arguing and shit ive become kinda burnt out on ponies.

It is hard to try and have a large group of people get along all the time, this kind of shit happens in any group eventually.

shaowebb

Hey sugarcubes, want an apple?

Might need to fix the left eye a bit and make the left hoof slightly smaller. Time to watch new episode now.

Oh good. I was hoping someone would start sketching today after I said that. I made this on my break for you guys just to try out drawing ponies so I could see how hard the style is to do. Turns out they are crazy easy to make! I should do some in zbrush next time for every one to enjoy.

yw9DR.jpg

Link Man

Banned
Oh good. I was hoping someone would start sketching today after I said that. I made this on my break for you guys just to try out drawing ponies so I could see how hard the style is to do. Turns out they are crazy easy to make! I should do some in zbrush next time for every one to enjoy.

yw9DR.jpg

Rock on!

Xzeon

Banned

yw9DR.jpg

Looks good!!!!!!!!!!

shaowebb

Looks good!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you like. I'll try to make some time to do different poses and stuff in the MLP style with different ponies sometime for you all to enjoy. Its fun making everyone smile.

Ya know if that person padded their chest and belly some to even out the proportions of the suit to match the proportions more closely to thos on the show that design could really work for cosplayers. Looks like a one person suit and they have a can in each hand that they lean on to do shot on all fours. They might not want to make human sized sleeves though since it makes the forehooves kind of long. Maybe just put sleeve holes at the height needed to match the body of the character and just slide from the elbow down out the holes. If you take the padding out I mentioned for the chest you could remove the arms and such and just have the equivalent of a baggy top to wear that you could slide up your arms.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
> Post an awesome cosplay I found on Ponibooru

> First comment is racist

> Thanks anonymous :(

are these fan made or legit?

Fan made. Nothing official has looked that good yet.

So neat!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
In my opinion, #ponygaf should be left totally spoiler-free before the Synchtube sessions, in the same molds as it has been up until now, out of respect for the people who enjoy being surprised going into the episodes. I think it should work as a common ground for GAF's MLP:FiM fan community real time chat needs.

If there are enough people interested, #ponyspoilers is viable. If not, some PM'ing can get interested people talking, anyway.

I will not go into the concept of "spoilers" here, for I know that different people have different notions of what they want and do not want to know going into each episode, so I feel that such discussion is not useful.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I almost forgot, I still have a Steam key for Swords and Soldiers up for grabs. Anybody want it? Ahoyhoy, bufbaf, rhomega? You three have been super generous lately.

In my opinion, #ponygaf should be left totally spoiler-free, in the same molds as it has been up until now, out of respect for the people who enjoy being surprised going into the episodes. I think it should work as a common ground for GAF's MLP:FiM fan community real time chat needs.

If there are enough people interested, #ponyspoilers is viable. If not, some PM'ing can get interested people talking, anyway.

Agreed, especially on using PMs. Even a "Hey, did you hear about Saturday's synopsis?" and going from there. I still haven't seen today's and last week's episodes because of bandwidth.

...aaaand I just remembered my retirement. Still in agreement.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So why can't you just leave #ponygaf as it is, and set up a new, improved channel where everyone can spoiler and synopse the hell out of everything? Why do you want to change established rules and alienate users who were absolutely fine with how it was the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom