• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I posted a picture of Scootaloo to make peace.
Making peace would be changing the img tag to a url tag.
Forester shows Fluttershy with fucking yarn and Owl whines and throws a fit.
The main issue that started this was pages posted inline of a comic that isn't even out yet. The whining is because the same thing happens every time. I point it out, and instead of a simple edit of a post, the person defends themselves over and over, while adding more and more information that makes the situation worse.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I am really not seeing the appeal of those designs. I think it's largely because of the facial expressions: they seem all-too similar and very artificial, even for a 2D drawing.

Hopefully the show runners can inject some actual life into them. Even Rainbow Dash can look uninteresting without the right pose and expression.

Pony list huh? Um...

#6 Twilight Sparkle (no offense, I like her but I'm just not that wild about her, even before she got alicorn'd)
#5 Applejack
#4 Rarity
#3 Pinkie Pie
#2 Fluttershy
#1 Joint placing with Rainbow Dash and Derpy

Also aaaa no why'd they have to add lipgloss and mess with the eye design AGAIN? : (

I'm really hoping that's just horrid stock art and the characters actually look like the leaked tumblr image from a while back, they look closer to that design than the "hey look we stuck pony horns and wings on them! and made their hair super long so they look like tails lolololo" official concept that popped up

Ricky 7

I cannot believe what I'm seeing but Hasbro somehow managed to find a way to make EG even uglier than the leaked concept art.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r576/SugarDonut314/IMG_2249_zps9e9fd58b.jpg

sweetiebellscootaloo.gif

tafer

Apparently, this is the synopsis of EG:
When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.

brian577

Banned
When a crown is stolen from the Crystal Empire, Twilight Sparkle pursues the thief into an alternate world where she transforms into a teenage girl who must survive her biggest challenge yet… high school. With help from her new friends who remind her of Ponyville’s Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, she embarks upon a quest to find the crown and change the destiny of these two parallel worlds.

To be honest, it doesn't sound half as bad as I thought it would be. It has an actual plot and it's not going to be "OH MY GOD BOYS!" or something like that. If it airs on TV I will probably give it a shot.

tafer

To be honest, it doesn't sound half as bad as I thought it would be. It has an actual plot and it's not going to be "OH MY GOD BOYS!" or something like that. If it airs on TV I will probably give it a shot.

I think it sounds pretty bad, but you are right, it could be FAR WORSE.

PaulloDEC

Sounds pretty dreadful to me.

I wonder how Twilight feels about being shunted back to secondary school, despite already being old enough to have a job running a local library? That's gotta be annoying.

It's actually kinda funny how a show about "little" ponies actually features six working-age characters as the leads.

$200

Banned

I'm kind of worried that it is
actually the Twilight from MLP instead of an entirely alternate universe. If she mentions EG even once in season 4 then the whole thing would be canon =S

By the way, finally got around to read comic #6 and micro #3.

#6:
Not digging this arc. I don't like how they are implying Luna transformed into NMM because of external influences rather than just her own jealousy (perfect little Luna can do no wrong!). I do like that Pinkie was the only one able to escape the nightmare on her own though; kind of a throwback to giggle at the ghostie.

Micro #3:
This is the best one out of all of the 9 books imo. My favourite part:

http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz109/200dogz/Ponies/307084__safe_rarity_shipping_official_idw_spoiler-comic_hayseed-turnip-truck_artist-katiecandraw_51782f67a4c72dfc670012df_zpsff5f6e2e.jpg

PaulloDEC

I'm kind of worried that it is
actually the Twilight from MLP instead of an entirely alternate universe. If she mentions EG even once in season 4 then the whole thing would be canon =S

It's a scary thought, but we already know that the show is essentially a toy tie-in, so it shouldn't be too difficult to ignore. I hope.

By the way, finally got around to read comic #6 and micro #3.

I kinda agree with you on the
nightmares arc, though the stuff about Luna hadn't even occurred to me, to be honest. I feel like maybe the writing just isn't quite there this time.

Rarity's story was definitely amazing though, and that little bit you linked was a nice surprise, if a little sad!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The main issue that started this was pages posted inline of a comic that isn't even out yet. The whining is because the same thing happens every time. I point it out, and instead of a simple edit of a post, the person defends themselves over and over, while adding more and more information that makes the situation worse.
It's a complete nonissue and your request is unreasonable. Grow up and get over it.

judhudson

The Rarity Micro series - the pic of AppleJack - Andy does not know nor understand shipping, he doesn't dabble in that kind of stuff. AppleJack is his favorite pony, hence why he decided to use her pic. He sneaks her in whenever he can.

I want to get into watching Ponies GAF,

Which Season is the show on? Should I start from the beginning or jump into the current season? And does anyone here work on the show? Where is it made in the US?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Which Season is the show on? Should I start from the beginning or jump into the current season? And does anyone here work on the show? Where is it made in the US?

Just start with season 1. It's all on Netflix. As for the show, the majority of it is made in Vancouver, in Canada.

PaulloDEC

Which Season is the show on? Should I start from the beginning or jump into the current season?

Season 3 finished airing back in mid-February if I remember correctly, but it was only 13 episodes long (as opposed to the usual 26).

If you're not pressed for time, I'd say definitely start from Season 1, Episode 1 and watch them all in order. The episodes are nice and short, so even if you're not entirely feeling a particular ep, it won't be long before you can move on to the next one.

If I could offer a little piece of advice, I'd suggest you don't be thrown off if it doesn't click with you straight away. I completely forgot about the show for about two weeks after watching the opening episodes, and it was only when I decided to give it another shot and watched a half-dozen more that I really "got it".

Enjoy!

Cheerilee

Someone on neogaf said they worked on the show they later said it was a joke and forgot to tell people it was a joke.

Ah! So they were trolling?

No, I suspect they just denied it because they couldn't handle the peer pressure. This person regularly hangs out in threads that are quite hostile to men who enjoy My Little Pony.

This person works in animation, and moved to Vancouver to work on something. They hinted that it was something that a subsection of GAF loved, but that another non-organized subsection hated with a fiery passion. IIRC, they also occasionally dropped some other hints that would be obvious to a brony (like that the production company was Studio B).

Several months later, their job was finished, and they popped in to give PonyGAF a shoutout before moving on to their next job. They later denied it.

So he did work on a Season or so? I see.

Is the Brony community bigger in North America, or it's popularity is world wide?

more importantly, do people in this thread and community are mostly from US and/or Canada?

Chuck

Still without luck

Garbage.

PaulloDEC

Is the Brony community bigger in North America, or it's popularity is world wide?

more importantly, do people in this thread and community are mostly from US and/or Canada?

If you head over HERE, there's a link near the top of the page to the results of the 2013 "Brony Herd Census" (basically a Brony survey). According to their stats, the population is primarily split between:

• USA - 64.3%
• Canada - 6.8%
• UK - 6.1%
• Australia - 3.6%
• Germany - 2.4%

...with a bunch more countries taking slices of around 1%. So yep, overwhelmingly based in the USA. I'm personally part of the 3.6% in Australia.

Wait, so it's wrong, or you just think it sucks?

Cheerilee

It's popularity basically sprang from the Internet/4chan/Youtube, and spread from forum to forum. It's not easy to find on TV, but it is on iTunes and Netflix.

So it leans heavily towards those demographics.

makes me not want to buy the comic *shrug* what's the point when people pick out the best parts and show it to you weeks before a print release? i HAVE to buy digitally so it's not ruined for me? and that picture isn't digital anyways, it's a print copy.

I still don't get how I'm the crazy one because someone else posted comic pages before a comic was released. just because it was accidentally released early digitally isn't a good excuse. It's even worded to point out that it's not out yet:
Micro #4 is going to be amazing.
If it "was" amazing, then that would imply the comic's out, then we can go into asking how long is the window between something is released and when it's ok to talk about it. But it's "going to be" amazing. It's not even out yet and he's posting pages from it in line on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom