• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Listen to yourself. If two pages of yarn is the only reason to buy a comic then it's not worth buying at all.

i HAVE to buy digitally so it's not ruined for me?
"True fans always get things the moment they are released. It's your fault for slacking."

Listen to yourself. Forester said he would remove the img tags and make it a link. He hasn't done that. I bring it up, so your reaction is to harass me about it.
"True fans always get things the moment they are released. It's your fault for slacking."
When the shows were airing, we didn't post spoilers until people who didn't have the tv channels that aired it had a chance to see the episode. Now you're saying it's ok to post content the moment they are released, accidentally, weeks before their intended release date..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Forester only agreed to shut you up like a parent giving into a tantrum.

What I'm saying is to stop being anal for the sake of being anal and actually consider the matter at hand. Nothing was actually spoiled. You're whining about it regardless. I don't condone this level of spoiler fascism and want inoffensive pictures to be treated as inoffensive.

Oh look, I can't find the comic on iTunes.

RHDD2pr.png

Forester only agreed to shut you up like a parent giving into a tantrum.

What I'm saying is to stop being anal for the sake of being anal and actually consider the matter at hand. Nothing was actually spoiled. You're whining about it regardless. I don't condone this level of spoiler fascism and want inoffensive pictures to be treated as inoffensive.
Or we can keep it simple and not post inline pictures or pages from an unreleased comic. Instead of having people's opinion judge what is and isn't offensive. It's not offensive to you. It's offensive to me. Using this subjective definition isn't working, so an objective rule of not posting comic pages before it's out would be simpler. And this thread has a history of waiting for various amounts of time after something is released before openly talking about it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Or we can keep it simple...
...and cave to your every demand?

There would be something to discuss here if the subject wasn't so utterly inane. Two pages of yarn and you're declaring that you don't even want to buy the comic as much anymore. This is not a reasonable response.

PaulloDEC

Can we reach a middle-ground here guys?

Owlowiscious: Not everyone thinks of spoilers in the way you do. Please accept that from time to time, people will innocently post things you'd rather not see. Please try not to get mad.

Everyone else: Maybe we can all try to be a little more spoiler-concious than we'd normally be. It won't hurt us.

Just a suggestion. Love, tolerance, etc.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Can we reach a middle-ground here guys?

Owlowiscious: Not everyone thinks of spoilers in the way you do. Please accept that from time to time, people will innocently post things you'd rather not see.

Everyone else: Maybe we can all try to be a little more spoiler-concious than we'd normally be.
Middle ground would be not complaining until something actually conceivably spoilerish is brought up. To which I'd be willing to concede all points. What you're describing is spoiler fascism continuing and getting more entrenched.

...and cave to your every demand?

There would be something to discuss here if the subject wasn't so utterly inane. Two pages of yarn and you're declaring that you don't even want to buy the comic as much anymore. This is not a reasonable response.
Wanting to continue something that's been held in this thread, other threads, other forums is not caving to my every demand. I have crazy demands on spoilers that I don't discuss because it's crazy. But this is a well known and accepted rule across several communities. It's not out yet or recently released, you link to it with a warning, or use spoiler tags as appropriate.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wanting to continue something that's been held in this thread, other threads, other forums is not caving to my every demand. I have crazy demands on spoilers that I don't discuss because it's crazy. But this is a well known and accepted rule across several communities. It's not out yet or recently released, you link to it with a warning, or use spoiler tags as appropriate.
Monkey see, monkey do. "As appropriate" means something.

Let me clarify: by "middle ground" I kinda just meant "whatever puts an end to the argument".
And such is the way these things normally end here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yes it means if you post an inline image inside spoiler tags, it can still be seen, so it's appropriate not to use img tags or smiles inside spoiler tags that use the black bar.
No, it means that consideration should be made if something even merits being hidden from view. Strictly following rules that are only in place because other people do them is dumb.

No, it means that consideration should be made if something even merits being hidden from view. Strictly following rules that are only in place because other people do them is dumb.
Having to be harassed by people because they think a rule doesn't need to be followed is dumb. Someone didn't follow a precedent designed to keep people's feelings being hurt. Someone's feelings were hurt. Therefore, that rule is dumb and we should keep hurting that guy's feelings to show that he's wrong and the rule is dumb.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Having to be harassed by people because they think a rule doesn't need to be followed is dumb. Someone didn't follow a precedent designed to keep people's feelings being hurt. Someone's feelings were hurt. Therefore, that rule is dumb and we should keep hurting that guy's feelings.
Yes, I'm getting on your case, but making an open plea for sympathy like this only shows how empty your argument is.

Yes, I'm getting on your case, but making an open plea for sympathy like this only shows how empty your argument is.
It was the right kind of reaction when the post before it involves 'monkey see, monkey do' and calling things dumb. Also saying the interpretation of my use of "as appropriate" is wrong when I put it there for that exact reason.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yes, it's quite clear who you're interested in attacking.
Life must be splendid when your views can never be challenged lest your get your feelings hurt.

Or horrifying.

I really don't want to speculate on this matter, but you're the one making it about yourself and not how you berated DrForester.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Again, I'm only here because you got on DrForester's case. Obviously you never considered his feelings, if we're going to make this infantile.

I really don't want to speculate on this matter, but you're the one making it about yourself and not how you berated DrForester.
I berated DrForester? First I heard of it. Let me check.

I agree. I could have handled that a lot better. I intended it to be both a general question, while also asking DrForester to fix his post. Instead it looks like I'm blowing up out of no where for no reason. It's easy to see why he would react in kind, starting that cycle.

I apologize for that. Drforester, I'm sorry I worded my post poorly and I'm sorry if it offended you. At the time, I felt that we were both defending our points. Looking back after what Hito said, I can see that it could have berated you. I'm sorry if it did.

Again, I'm only here because you got on DrForester's case. Obviously you never considered his feelings, if we're going to make this infantile.
You could have mentioned his feelings in the first place. The inline image of an unreleased comic is a different topic that I still think should be changed to a link. And now your post, too.

You all are crazy!

About spoilers I mean... Christ...

EQLA.. one week away.. I am scared...(myself and brother and sisters going.. I am unsure on this, and getting more nervous... Cons and I already don't get along well...)

Anyway.. The comics confuse me.. only got the first issue.

brian577

Banned
You all are crazy!

About spoilers I mean... Christ...

EQLA.. one week away.. I am scared...(myself and brother and sisters going.. I am unsure on this, and getting more nervous... Cons and I already don't get along well...)

Anyway.. The comics confuse me.. only got the first issue.

Please elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom