• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Only to create better public awareness of the epidemic.

MElzP.gif

Narag

The alicorn goddesses merely teased the pony races much like God teased Moses in the desert. If you'll notice in this pic that a unicorn is the voice of reason, pegasi are warmongers, and dirt ponies use poo atop their hats as fashion statements. I believe I can see the stink lines and everything. The unicorns were meant to inherit Equestria after the dirt ponies and pegasi were wiped out in the storm but alas even the goddesses never anticipated the sort of co-habitation we have today.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The alicorn goddesses merely teased the pony races much like God teased Moses in the desert. If you'll notice in this pic that a unicorn is the voice of reason, pegasi are warmongers, and dirt ponies use poo atop their hats as fashion statements. I believe I can see the stink lines and everything. The unicorns were meant to inherit Equestria after the dirt ponies and pegasi were wiped out in the storm but alas even the goddesses never anticipated the sort of co-habitation we have today.

WCq28.gif

shaowebb

Thanks shao. Will help.

I didn't know you came in here. Keeping tabs on Fighting is Magic?

Oh yeah I lurk here. After all I'm the guy in the Deadpool costume with the pony arcade stick at Vanilla Marvel's launch. It was one of the first Pony-sticks done <3. And yeah, I'm definitely keeping up with the pony fighting game.Dat Kara throw glitch is hilarious. ^________^

Rarity=all the swag in that game. Plus I love how broken Fluttershy is in her current build state. Her stare move is supposed to hurt ponies when she glares at them angrily. Its not setup right, it has no scaling, its invincible, it holds you stunned and its damage is exponentially increasing, and it can be held down for as long as you want.

GLARE! *health depletes in seconds until you KO from it*

Its really fun seeing an unfinished game get bug tested and watch them crack up as they themselves try to hunt down and find all the broken tools in it to patch them, recode them or balance them. Plus its animation is gorgeous. So much personality in every move. Rarity snubs you with every move with all that posing and Pinky is hilarious.

Day one. We are so gonna play each other.

LuffyZoro

You can tell that the unicorns side with the filthy dirt ponies from how she's standing, only the pegasi stand alone.

So I was in Chicago for the weekend and was visiting the Field Museum on Saturday. There were people all over in there with pony shirts. What the heck was going on?

It was surreal. Never seen what I could actually identify as bronies in public.

Was tempted to stop and chat but I was with people and I'm self-conscious.

Where do you even get pony shirts?

Yup, those are the people. I think I was off to the left of this when the picture was taken, near the T.rex's head.

EDIT: It was kind of funny. I was in the McDonalds in the museum's basement for lunch and it was packed. Noticed a guy with a Twilight Sparkle shirt on and I was thinking "huh, a brony, never seen one in the wild before." And then I noticed a guy with a Big Macintosh shirt on, which was odd, and then noticed that the woman standing in the line next to me was wearing a white shirt with Rarity's cutie mark on it. They were everywhere.

Cheerilee

It's a canon fact that many of the mechanics of the MLP:FIM world are manually operated, and that the consequences of their non-operation might not be what we expect them to be, because consequences need to be manually operated too (for instance, nopony was necessarily going to die under Nightmare Moon's reign).

My theory is that Celestia and Luna "stopped the world" when they first stopped Discord's "terrible" chaos. After Celestia abandoned the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, the Everfree Forest slowly became "wild" and started to revert back to the most recent laws of physics that Discord had previously established, because Discord's changes were more fundamental and deep-rooted, while Celestia's rule is a stabilizing force that is constantly exerted on everything beneath her gaze, and she deliberately turned her gaze away from her former home.

So Celestia and Luna (or a group of Unicorns should the need arise) really do raise the sun and moon, but if Celestia stopped maintaining order, the planet might spin, and that's not science, that's Discord's crazy talk. Twilight studies real science, like slumber parties, and moustaches.

Cheerilee

Ah, that would make more sense. I was wondering how -even with alternate accounts- people could manage to upvote a video without giving it hits.

Views always stop counting at 300 for a new video, after X amount of time has passed(not sure how much exactly) it will show the actual number of views.

Seems like a retarded policy to have. Youtube Exe "You know showing how many people have veiwed this video is lame...lets show an inaccurate view count for X amount of time." Youtube Exe asst "Yeah thats a GREAT idea!!"

McNum

Seems like a retarded policy to have. Youtube Exe "You know showing how many people have veiwed this video is lame...lets show an inaccurate view count for X amount of time." Youtube Exe asst "Yeah thats a GREAT idea!!"
It most likely comes down to processing power. There are thousands of new videos being uploaded all the time, so I would not be surprised if there are different systems for counting videos with a low number of views, and videos with a high number of views. There's just a delay in showing the users that the video has jumped from one system to the other.

Would make sense to do it like that, really. Different computers are good at different things, so when the numbers get big, it'll be offloaded to a beefier machine, or at least one dedicated only to managing view counts. Smaller counts can be handled locally.

Seems I missed a lot of IRC drama over the weekend.

Having not gone into the IRC channel, I have to ask - these spoilers, were they just posted out in the open, with no special formatting? I mean, one of the IRC channels that I visit has a policy where you post spoilers (in general, since it's not a pony chatroom) with color tag 2,2 (mIRC: hit Ctrl-K then type "2,2", type your spoiler, and hit Ctrl-K when finished; Chatzilla: type "%C2,2", type your spoiler, then type "%C" when finished; Mibbit: hell if I know how, but this wiki page might be useful). The end result comes out like
this
, except dark blue instead of black (and you have to actively highlight it, you can't just click it like NeoGAF's spoilers). Granted, a lot of people use that encoding to post
stuff that totally isn't an actual spoiler, kind of undermining the whole thing
, but it generally works.

Not to tell the ops of an IRC channel I've never set foot in how to do their jobs, mind. If they don't want spoilers, period, then there shouldn't be spoilers, period.

McNum

Wait what....god damn...
There's another fun thing you can do with NeoGAF spoilers. You can make spoilers inside spoilers.

Like this:
This is a spoiler, but
this is a spoiler inside a spoiler, you might call it a "Spoiler 2". And THIS
is going further beyond!
See?

Click that all the way to the left, then click the part that's still spoilered. It's a little useful, if you want to keep a character name spoilered, even if someone accidentally clicks the spoiler. Doesn't do anything if they just highlight it, of course.

Now you know, and G.I. Joe is also a Hasbro product.

There's another fun thing you can do with NeoGAF spoilers. You can make spoilers inside spoilers.

Like this:
This is a spoiler, but
this is a spoiler inside a spoiler, you might call it a "Spoiler 2". And THIS
is going further beyond!
See?

ohhh

ooohhhhhh

OOOHHHHHHHHHHH

Narag

Seems I missed a lot of IRC drama over the weekend.

Having not gone into the IRC channel, I have to ask - these spoilers, were they just posted out in the open, with no special formatting? I mean, one of the IRC channels that I visit has a policy where you post spoilers (in general, since it's not a pony chatroom) with color tag 2,2 (mIRC: hit Ctrl-K then type "2,2", type your spoiler, and hit Ctrl-K when finished; Chatzilla: type "%C2,2", type your spoiler, then type "%C" when finished; Mibbit: hell if I know how, but this wiki page might be useful). The end result comes out like
this
, except dark blue instead of black (and you have to actively highlight it, you can't just click it like NeoGAF's spoilers). Granted, a lot of people use that encoding to post
stuff that totally isn't an actual spoiler, kind of undermining the whole thing
, but it generally works.

Not to tell the ops of an IRC channel I've never set foot in how to do their jobs, mind. If they don't want spoilers, period, then there shouldn't be spoilers, period.

There's debate over what exactly constitutes a spoiler and some folk want to execute a media blackout without taking the duty fully on themselves. There's a secondary issue of this having been extended to offtopic non-pony stuff that further fueled frustration over the matter. I think buf's ruleset above will fix a lot as thete's finally an explicit explanation and little room to interpret incorrectly. Also it's public so people aren't misled into believing the irc channel was for fandom discussion as its mostly become just folk hanging out with the pony stuff becoming secondary.

Also it's public so people aren't misled into believing the irc channel was for fandom discussion as its mostly become just folk hanging out with the pony stuff becoming secondary.
Sounds just like the chatroom I cited, then - ostensibly it's for the fangame Sonic Robo Blast 2, but God help you if you actually try to discuss the game in question in there - it's more of a general catch-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom