• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGAME

Gamer Luna:

tumblr_mv2b1c92dO1r3xauuo1_1280.png

Cute mane in the last panel. So 80s.

brian577

Banned
Synopsis for the season 4 premier
The fourth season begins with a revealing two-part premiere in which the newly crowned Princess Twilight must balance her new royal duties and her friendship with the other ponies. Amid preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in Canterlot , Princesses Celestia and Luna go missing and the Everfree Forest is taking over Equestria . These unexpected turn of events sends Princess Twilight and her pony friends on a quest to discover a mysterious foe who threatens to destroy everyt hing . It is all up to Princess Twilight and her friends to help save Equestria from being destroyed. As part of the journey, Princess Twilight is given the chance to discover the secret behind the Elements of Harmony.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/season-4-opening-synopsis-revealed.html#more

Tenumi

Banned
The fourth season begins with a revealing two-part premiere in which the newly crowned Princess Twilight must balance her new royal duties and her friendship with the other ponies. Amid preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in Canterlot , Princesses Celestia and Luna go missing and the Everfree Forest is taking over Equestria . These unexpected turn of events sends Princess Twilight and her pony friends on a quest to discover a mysterious foe who threatens to destroy everyt hing . It is all up to Princess Twilight and her friends to help save Equestria from being destroyed. As part of the journey, Princess Twilight is given the chance to discover the secret behind the Elements of Harmony.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/10/season-4-opening-synopsis-revealed.html#more

Well, sounds like it should be a fun watch to me.
More info about the elements, Everfree forest shenanigans, and another new villain. Hopefully they fit it well into the time size they've got.

novenD

The fourth season begins with a revealing two-part premiere in which the newly crowned Princess Twilight must balance her new royal duties and her friendship with the other ponies. Amid preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in Canterlot , Princesses Celestia and Luna go missing and the Everfree Forest is taking over Equestria . These unexpected turn of events sends Princess Twilight and her pony friends on a quest to discover a mysterious foe who threatens to destroy everything. It is all up to Princess Twilight and her friends to help save Equestria from being destroyed. As part of the journey, Princess Twilight is given the chance to discover the secret behind the Elements of Harmony.

OH MY GOSH
This sounds totally nuts. I'm hoping for the best.

PaulloDEC

Sounds good to me!
Putting the focus back on Twilight and the gang seems like a good move after the somewhat-crowded Crystal Empire opener in Season 3.

Looking forward to it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Depending on what time the BBC decides to air "Day of the Doctor" there may be some overlap between this and the worldwide simulcast...

And on that note, this episode needs Time Travel and to feature Time Turner, and be called "Day of the Princess"

Orcastar

Sounds promising, but I'm not holding my breath.

BDGAME

My daughter is watching the first season of MLP:FIM in Netflix and for the first time I notice something: Rainbow Dash create the Cute Mark Crusaders.

hehe

And...

1383093_672696922754804_2083480866_n.png

The most powerful magic in Equestria grow in trees?

McNum

I like how they're still using the same old vector for Twilight Sparkle... only with a wing vector added behind her now.

Still, less than a month until new ponies. Yay.

Darksol

Listening to Kevin Smith's podcast series Fatman on Batman (part of the Smodcast network) and on the episode he does with Tara Strong. I forgot how much I love this woman.

They talk MLP of course, but also her work as Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls), random Carebears voices...so much awesome :)

Listening to Kevin Smith's podcast series Fatman on Batman (part of the Smodcast network) and on the episode he does with Tara Strong. I forgot how much I love this woman.

They talk MLP of course, but also her work as Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls), random Carebears voices...so much awesome :)

That is just a fantastic podcast. Although I am not a huge fan of Kevin Smith's movies, I really enjoy his public speaking. He comes across as a such a genuine guy. This particular episode is what got me listening to it (randomly found a clip on youtube), just another reason to thank pony.

Darksol

That is just a fantastic podcast. Although I am not a huge fan of Kevin Smith's movies, I really enjoy his public speaking. He comes across as a such a genuine guy. This particular episode is what got me listening to it (randomly found a clip on youtube), just another reason to thank pony.

Yeah, I listen to pretty much all of his podcasts...he's got a hell of a lot of them, but you can really tell that he's happy there. And as he owns a comic book store, has written for Batman and Green Arrow, and is a true geek at heart, it's nice to hear him any time he gets onto a nerdy subject. He's just a really big kid ^-^

PaulloDEC

Possible updated title sequence incoming?

iCtOhJqA7z0Vh.gif

Taken from a recent LPS/MLP promo on the Hub. Only cam-quality at the moment.

Looks good to me! Nice of them to include a bunch of supporting characters this time.

EDIT: So if I'd thought to actually check the current sequence I'd have seen that this is pretty much a certainty:

inG3R0DHqbBQC.gif

PaulloDEC

Twilight serves as referee as the town begins to attack each other.

Once again proving that Fighting is Magic™.

What are Snip and Snails doing there? They barely qualify as secondary characters.

I was actually just thinking that. Same with Mayor Mare.

Not sure who else you could really substitute though, outside of fan-favourite characters who don't really have much participation in the actual show.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Once again proving that Fighting is Magic™.

I was actually just thinking that. Same with Mayor Mare.

Not sure who else you could really substitute though, outside of fan-favourite characters who don't really have much participation in the actual show.

Cheerilee

PaulloDEC

Cheerilee

Good call, she's certainly more active than the Mayor.

fan-favourite characters who don't really have much participation in the actual show

Let me rephrase that. Not sure who else Hasbro would realistically agree to substitute though.

Good good....here's hoping the Twilicorn clip from Rarity's hot minute is just there for the promotion and we are indeed getting a new theme.

Oh, I hadn't seen that! Interesting... an outdated version I guess?

Woah, just caught up with the IDW MLP comics. These stories are pretty good. And the art is great too. If they are making this stuff for the comic, wonder what S4 will be like. The
Chrysalis
story could've been an interesting 2 parter.

Videoneon

I like how they're still using the same old vector for Twilight Sparkle... only with a wing vector added behind her now.

=\

I saw that and had to let out a sigh

Still, less than a month until new ponies. Yay.

image.php

Possible updated title sequence incoming?

Taken from a recent LPS/MLP promo on the Hub. Only cam-quality at the moment.
]

THIS is awesome though. Very much looking forward to a redone title sequence, even if it's probably only minor stuff like S1 -> S2

PaulloDEC

=\

I saw that and had to let out a sigh

I think the trouble with the promo stuff is that the people doing it have nothing to do with the actual show. You can bet there's a different division at Hasbro for each kind of media, and none of the poor suckers have access to anything beyond a bunch of stock promo images.

It was this one right here...and it looked even worse animated. But now it seems like it won't be in the actual show afterall.

It looked like exactly what it was really; a pair of wings hastily stuck onto an existing piece of work. I'm guessing the team at DHX came to the same conclusion. That or they never intended to use it on the show, and it was only made as a placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom