• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Nightmare Night, everypony!
princess_horse_by_deathpwny-d6s8d0b.png

Orcastar

The synopses just keep coming:

Season 4 Episode 4
Title:
Daring Don't
Synopsis:
Rainbow Dash and friends offer to help their favorite author finish her latest book.
Air Date: December 7, 2013

Hang on, that sounds kinda similar to Twilight's micro series comic. Also, issue 11 of the main comic book series hinted that the author behind Daring Do was none other than Twilight's mum. Would be cool if they confirmed it in the TV series, but for some reason I don't see that happening...

PaulloDEC

The synopses just keep coming:

Season 4 Episode 4
Title:
Daring Don't
Synopsis:
Rainbow Dash and friends offer to help their favorite author finish her latest book.
Air Date: December 7, 2013

Hang on, that sounds kinda similar to Twilight's micro series comic. Also, issue 11 of the main comic book series hinted that the author behind Daring Do was none other than Twilight's mum. Would be cool if they confirmed it in the TV series, but for some reason I don't see that happening...

Interesting! The writers have proven in the past that they're not afraid to
bring parents of lead characters in on occasion
, so I guess it's within the realms of possibility.

novenD

Equestria Girls just got added to Netflix. No word on whether it's the cut TV version or not, but I imagine it's the same as the DVD release.

Cheerilee

Equestria Girls just got added to Netflix. No word on whether it's the cut TV version or not, but I imagine it's the same as the DVD release.

It's also airing on YTV in Canada this weekend.

MLP:FIM doesn't air on YTV (too childish, give that stuff to the preschoolers).

Equestria Girls does.
Pound Puppies does.
Littlest Pet Shop does.

UberTag

It's also airing on YTV in Canada this weekend.

MLP:FIM doesn't air on YTV (too childish, give that stuff to the preschoolers).

Equestria Girls does.
Pound Puppies does.
Littlest Pet Shop does.
It's their loss if they want to abandon Friendship is Magic to Treehouse TV which nobody watches. They've effectively prodded Canadians to screen episodes on YouTube when they could actually generate some decent ad revenue by simulcasting episodes of this largely Canadian-produced series on their main network at the same time they air on the Hub.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's a script that's never really meant to be seen, and a line that was pretty obvious for them to toss in there. I wouldn't call that rubbing it in.

brian577

Banned
I'm starting to have my doubts about the premier. It sounds too much like a
a rehash of the pilot. The Princess(es) have vanished again, it's the Summer Sun Celebration again, the Mane 6 must to into the Everfree forest again, and find the Elements of Harmony/Harmony Tree again. All it needs is another Batman Gambit orchestrated by Celestia/Luna

PaulloDEC

I'm starting to have my doubts about the premier. It sounds too much like a
a rehash of the pilot. The Princess(es) have vanished again, it's the Summer Sun Celebration again, the Mane 6 must to into the Everfree forest again, and find the Elements of Harmony/Harmony Tree again. All it needs is another Batman Gambit orchestrated by Celestia/Luna

It's possible the similarities aren't coincidental. Alternatively, the execution might just end up being quite different. Best not to overthink it in the meantime.

kunonabi

i don't like the implication of Twilight being such a powerful flyer as it diminishes one of the things that makes RD special. I mean Twilight already made Rarity's gem finding pointless, broken the 4th wall Pinkie Style, and become much better with animals. I just don't want the show to reach a point where the almighty Princess Twilight can essentially do everything the rest of the cast can do by herself. I've seen it happen on other shows and they are always worse for it. I mean it's hard to tell exactly how it plays out from the script but it's something i've been concerned about for some time.

Tenumi

Banned
i don't like the implication of Twilight being such a powerful flyer as it diminishes one of the things that makes RD special. I mean Twilight already made Rarity's gem finding pointless, broken the 4th wall Pinkie Style, and become much better with animals. I just don't want the show to reach a point where the almighty Princess Twilight can essentially do everything the rest of the cast can do by herself. I've seen it happen on other shows and they are always worse for it. I mean it's hard to tell exactly how it plays out from the script but it's something i've been concerned about for some time.

Huh? I don't recall that.

Call me crazy if you want, but I have no worries over season 4 or how it will go. We've had a grand total of one episode (OK, movie) since the end of season 3. We know nothing about Alicorns, what they entitle, their strengths/weaknesses, etc. I'm willing to give them the chance to show us what they can do with the change to the status quo.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

How do you get Twilight being a powerful flyer? She doesn't know how to handle her wings, and they kind of spaz out. I don't get he being a great and powerful flyer from that.

PaulloDEC

Awesome! I'd gotten used to the idea that we might not see a new installment for a while, so this is a great surprise. Thanks for the heads up!

You're making quite a leap. Twilight catching Dash off-guard doesn't seem like such a big deal, and I can't imagine we're going to see Twi doing Sonic Rainbooms any time soon (or ever).

Dat Rarity...

I actually admire and get a giggle out of artwork like that. Where a pony can look sultry and sexy, but somehow not look like borderline Rule 34 stuff (like a lot of the Ask Molestia). It's a very fine line and this is one of the few pieces that manage to really pull it off.

Tenumi

Banned
I wish I could draw well... I get started working on something and then lose all confidence in myself and end up scrapping everything.

Someday, I've got to push myself through that. I want to become an artist. I know I've got it in me to do it.

Oh, and Ponies are certainly good material for inspiration.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Get your pony lists sorted out!

Mine:

1 Twilight Sparkle
1 Fluttershy
3 Rarity
3 Applejack
3 Sweetie Belle
3 Apple Bloom
3 Scootaloo
8 Princess Luna
9 Princess Celestia
10 Derpy
11 Trixie
12 Octavia
13 Spike
14 Pinkie Pie
15 Lyra
16 Cheerilee
16 Big Macintosh
18 Spitfire
19 Dr. Whooves
20 Vinyl Scratch
21 Bon Bon
22 Gilda
23 Cloud Chaser
24 Berry Punch
25 Carrot Top
26 Zecora
27 Fleur de Lys
28 Queen Chrysalis
29 Princess Cadence
30 Rose Luck
31 Soarin'
32 Granny Smith
33 Photo Finish
34 Fancy Pants
35 Shining Armor
36 Discord
37 Flitter
38 Braeburn
39 Iron Will
40 Pipsqueak
41 Rainbow Dash
42 Silver Spoon
43 Diamond Tiara
44 Nightmare Moon
45 Colgate
46 Lightning Dust
47 Babs Seed
48 Hoity Toity
49 Snowflake / Horsepower
50 Caramel
51 Flim
51 Flam
53 Prince Blueblood
54 Twist
55 King Sombra

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I "no opinioned" all the background ponies.

1 Princess Celestia
2 Rainbow Dash
3 Fluttershy
4 Applejack
5 Twilight Sparkle
6 Scootaloo
7 Rarity
8 Cheerilee
9 Sweetie Belle
10 Princess Luna
11 Spike
12 Apple Bloom
13 Pinkie Pie
14 Big Macintosh
15 Zecora
16 Queen Chrysalis
17 Nightmare Moon
18 Discord
19 Gilda
20 Granny Smith
21 Shining Armor
22 Twist
23 Princess Cadence
24 Trixie
25 Flim
26 Flam
27 Diamond Tiara
28 Silver Spoon
29 King Sombra
30 Iron Will
31 Soarin'
32 Spitfire
33 Pipsqueak

We've done this list before (there's another one with favorite episodes), but I'm not willing to sift through the whole thread for them.

1 Princess Luna
2 Rarity
3 Princess Celestia
4 Flitter
5 Twilight Sparkle
6 Spitfire
7 Rose Luck
8 Colgate
9 Shining Armor
10 Fluttershy
11 Fleur de Lys
12 Lyra
13 Vinyl Scratch
14 Cheerilee
15 Princess Cadence
16 Applejack
17 Discord
18 Queen Chrysalis
19 Carrot Top
20 Lightning Dust
21 Derpy
22 Spike
23 Dr. Whooves
24 Braeburn
25 Trixie
26 Bon Bon
27 Sweetie Belle
28 Pipsqueak
29 Pinkie Pie
30 Fancy Pants
31 Big Macintosh
32 Rainbow Dash
33 Berry Punch
34 Soarin'
35 Snowflake / Horsepower
36 Nightmare Moon
37 Cloud Chaser
38 Scootaloo
39 Octavia
40 Iron Will
41 Flim
41 Flam
43 Photo Finish
44 Granny Smith
45 Caramel
46 Zecora
47 Apple Bloom
48 Diamond Tiara
48 Silver Spoon
48 Babs Seed
51 Twist
51 Gilda
51 Hoity Toity
54 King Sombra
55 Prince Blueblood

$200

Banned
Rank Character
1 Rainbow Dash
1 Pinkie Pie
3 Lyra
4 Twilight Sparkle
4 Fluttershy
4 Rarity
4 Applejack
4 Discord
4 Scootaloo
4 Octavia
4 Cloud Chaser
12 Princess Celestia
12 Princess Luna
12 Queen Chrysalis
12 Sweetie Belle
12 Granny Smith
12 Zecora
12 Soarin'
12 Babs Seed
12 Trixie
12 Snowflake / Horsepower
12 Lightning Dust
23 Apple Bloom
23 Big Macintosh
25 Nightmare Moon
25 Shining Armor
25 Cheerilee
25 Silver Spoon
25 Iron Will
25 Bon Bon
25 Derpy
25 Rose Luck
25 Berry Punch
25 Carrot Top
25 Braeburn
25 Caramel
37 Spike
37 Diamond Tiara
37 King Sombra
37 Flitter
37 Photo Finish
37 Fancy Pants
43 Flim
43 Flam
43 Pipsqueak
43 Colgate
43 Dr. Whooves
43 Vinyl Scratch
43 Spitfire
43 Twist
43 Gilda
43 Hoity Toity
43 Fleur de Lys
43 Prince Blueblood
55 Princess Cadence

Well it's no secret that I hate Cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom