• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
snuggleshy_by_lazyperson202-d6vvp6v.png

Link

All is right with the world.

Hey Myke, I wanted to congratulate you on your art appearing on Drawfriend! It's probably my favorite piece you have done so far. Really good stuff.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Hey Myke, I wanted to congratulate you on your art appearing on Drawfriend! It's probably my favorite piece you have done so far. Really good stuff.
Thank you! I feel a bit bummed that, after one week of work, it wasn't good enough to warrant the front page spotlight, but the picture that did get it was really spectacular, so I guess I was just unlucky.

$200

Banned
First we had

480623.gif

then it was animated

483798.gif

and now, in 3D

485697.gif

These all happened within a week after the episodes were aired, by the way

McNum

'Tis the season to use a Christmas avatar, no?

Well, I updated my old one by redrawing it from scratch. Welcome back, Princess Luna.

Link

Not my best drawing ever, but it's drawn to look good in 100x120 size and as a challenge to see if I could go from blank paper to finished in less than a day. The challenge was a success! That was kind of fun to try, really.

BDGAME

I don`t know if it is debated or not, but...

Can the cave where it occurs:

vlcsnap-2011-12-19-22h30m01s110-550x309.png

Be the cave where it born:

The_Tree_of_Harmony_S4E02.png

What do you think?

PaulloDEC

I don`t know if it is debated or not, but...

Can the cave where it occurs:

vlcsnap-2011-12-19-22h30m01s110-550x309.png

Be the cave where it born:

The_Tree_of_Harmony_S4E02.png

What do you think?

I'm thinking not. The cave from Hearth's Warming is up on a hill, whereas the one that holds the Tree of Harmony is... well, not underground exactly, but well below the ground level of the surrounding areas. Unless something had a serious effect on the topography of the area since the founding of Equestria (Discord did it!) the two locations don't really match up.

Nice thought, though!

PaulloDEC

'Tis the season to use a Christmas avatar, no?

Well, I updated my old one by redrawing it from scratch. Welcome back, Princess Luna.

christmas_luna_by_mcnum-d6we96v.png

Link

Not my best drawing ever, but it's drawn to look good in 100x120 size and as a challenge to see if I could go from blank paper to finished in less than a day. The challenge was a success! That was kind of fun to try, really.

This is great, nice work!

BDGAME

I'm thinking not. The cave from Hearth's Warming is up on a hill, whereas the one that holds the Tree of Harmony is... well, not underground exactly, but well below the ground level of the surrounding areas. Unless something had a serious effect on the topography of the area since the founding of Equestria (Discord did it!) the two locations don't really match up.

Nice thought, though!

A lot of time pass from one event to another. The every-free floret don`t exist and the royal castle of the sister idem. That magic that born of the harmony between the three tribes can be the origin of the tree too.

PaulloDEC

A lot of time pass from one event to another. The every-free floret don`t exist and the royal castle of the sister idem. That magic that born of the harmony between the three tribes can be the origin of the tree too.

Like I said, you could make the argument that something caused the land to be radically reshaped during the however many thousands of years that passed between the Three Tribes era and the high point of Luna and Celestia's original reign. It'd have to have been something seriously monumental though:

LuffyZoro

Like I said, you could make the argument that something caused the land to be radically reshaped during the however many thousands of years that passed between the Three Tribes era and the high point of Luna and Celestia's original reign. It'd have to have been something seriously monumental though:

A claim could probably be made that, since Hearths Warming Eve is actually a play and no one (not even the princesses) were around, it may not be wholly accurate to the actual events.

BDGAME

Yes, very radical changes. The entrance of the cave can be one of them. And the cave in the HWE is based in the theater they are making, not necessary the real thing/place.

Edit, LuffyZoro beat me.

PaulloDEC

A claim could probably be made that, since Hearths Warming Eve is actually a play and no one (not even the princesses) were around, it may not be wholly accurate to the actual events.

Yes, very radical changes. The entrance of the cave can be one of them. And the cave in the HWE is based in the theater they are making, not necessary the real thing/place.

Edit, LuffyZoro beat me.

Also true. If the writers wanted to retrospectively imply it was the same cave in both instances, they could easily decide that the set designers in Canterlot just had no reference to work from.

It'd definitely be a nice piece of lore if the writers decided to use it. I wonder if they'll address the origins of the tree during Season 4?

novenD

I have some suggestions for the next thread title:

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| I believe I can fly

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| The worst possible thing

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| Still here, folks

LuffyZoro

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say something at the top of the page.

This thread is nearly over, so it seems about time to start thinking up names for the next one!

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| Everyone's an alicorn
My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| 4 seasons and a movie
My Little Pony FiM Community |OT3| MORE adventures in the Crystal Empire?

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Everypony is best pony!
My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] This ain't no fad

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] The year of the horse!

New OT? I suggest MLP FIM Community OT3 The episodes have been doubled!

These are the suggestions from when I mentioned it.

judhudson

Since it'll be a new thread, and at a time where a new year will begin, I really like:

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] The year of the horse!

It'd practically be perfect timing for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom