• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

This one.

Edit: Now that I see it, "this ain't no fad" sounds good too.

Both of those seem a touch antagonistic, if you ask me. The thread titles present an outward face to the rest of Neogaf, so I prefer it to be generally positive or humorous.

Although I currently have no ideas of my own to contribute, and none of the others have really jumped out at me as "this is perfect". But perfection is not always possible.

Zynx

At this point I think I enjoy fan comics even more than the show. There's a lot to read, and many characterize the ponies in a way that appeals to me even more than official stuff.

tumblr_mx8nc7QvGb1qkdb17o1_1280.jpg

what has science done

PaulloDEC

Both of those seem a touch antagonistic, if you ask me. The thread titles present an outward face to the rest of Neogaf, so I prefer it to be generally positive or humorous.

Although I currently have no ideas of my own to contribute, and none of the others have really jumped out at me as "this is perfect". But perfection is not always possible.

Fair point. I might get off the fence and say that "Year of the Horse" is my favourite so far. Too fitting to pass up.

Just noticed this week's episode is a Dave Polsky episode. Bro doesn't have the best track record...
Ignore this:
maritime law states that I must contest something or else a precendent is set that it is allowed. therefore I will say I consider this a spoiler and I'm against it. seriously though, I don't want to stir up stuff over something this small. this thread has been chugging along fine since the OT thread was made

sorry, someone mentioned this a few days ago so it's fresh on my mind.

PaulloDEC

Previews for first few pages of the upcoming Luna micro comic have surfaced.

http://i.imgur.com/b4MVlER.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NmRjFqN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wuokmtj.jpg

Morning Mane Celestia is awesome.

This looks awesome. Katie Cook Luna is best Luna.

Just noticed this week's episode is a Dave Polsky episode. Bro doesn't have the best track record...

Yeah, that's never a good sign. Though Too Many Pinkie Pies wasn't so bad, right? And Games Ponies Play was... decent, right? Right?!

$200

Banned
Poor Crystal Empire. It's not their fault they've not had a great story yet!

It's just such an interesting and lifeless place. No wonder you rarely see fan arts of Crystal Empire or crystal ponies, in fact nobody even bothered to give them fan names.

Edit: uninteresting*

This looks awesome. Katie Cook Luna is best Luna.

Yeah, that's never a good sign. Though Too Many Pinkie Pies wasn't so bad, right? And Games Ponies Play was... decent, right? Right?!

I forgot he wrote Too Many Pinkie Pies, that's a good one. I know this will be a controversial opinion, but I like Feeling Pinkie Keen. Games Ponies Play is almost an awesome episode, but the ending ruins it. Here's hoping this is a good one.

PaulloDEC

I forgot he wrote Too Many Pinkie Pies, that's a good one. I know this will be a controversial opinion, but I like Feeling Pinkie Keen. Games Ponies Play is almost an awesome episode, but the ending ruins it. Here's hoping this is a good one.

I haven't watched Season 1 in a while, but I think you're right about Feeling Pinkie Keen. It really only takes a dive at the very, very end, which is a shame as the rest of it was great fun IMO.

novenD

So, at every Christmas for the last several years I've conspired to get one of my brothers a pony; At this point, I'm the only one who doesn't have one.

Pony-Gaf, do you think there's a chance that Whitelestia will be under the tree?

$200

Banned
So, at every Christmas for the last several years I've conspired to get one of my brothers a pony; At this point, I'm the only one who doesn't have one.

Pony-Gaf, do you think there's a chance that Whitelestia will be under the tree?

Still waiting for my 4DE ponies :S

My Little Pony soundtrack released! This seems to be special recordings rather than rips from the show.

1. At The Gala
2. Becoming Popular
3. The Smile Song (aka Smile, Smile, Smile)
4. Art of the Dress
5. May The Best Pet Win (aka Find A Pet)
6. The Flim Flam Cider Song
7. The Laughter Song (aka Giggle At The Ghostie)
8. Winter Wrap Up
9. B.B.B.F.F.
10. This Day Aria
11. Love Is In Bloom

Plus a digital booklet

McNum

My Little Pony soundtrack released! This seems to be special recordings rather than rips from the show.

1. At The Gala
2. Becoming Popular
4. Art of the Dress
8. Winter Wrap Up
9. B.B.B.F.F.
10. This Day Aria
11. Love Is In Bloom

Plus a digital booklet
Bought the full album.

Overall, this is an excellent new mix of the songs. They just sound good. This Day Aira stands out, but let's be honest, it one of the best songs in the show. However... Both Art of the Dress and This Day Aria are missing their reprises. That is exhausted Rarity and Queen Chrysalis' singing how "This day has been perfect" while gloating.

Still, this is easily the best versions of the songs. Only thing. I know there's an extended version of the main theme out there. Would have been nice to have in the album.

As for the digital booklet... Um... Needs an editor. Amusingly it has the lyrics for the missing parts of the songs. Still, I think it has a few new vectors. And one where Cadance has lost her wings, apparently. Oh, and if alicorn Twilight isn't your thing... don't look in the PDF. She's everywhere!

Now we wait for the inevitable Season 3 CD. Ending that season with a musical episode demands a lot of album space.

$200

Banned

1. At The Gala
2. Becoming Popular
4. Art of the Dress
8. Winter Wrap Up
9. B.B.B.F.F.
10. This Day Aria
11. Love Is In Bloom

Plus a digital booklet

For those who hate iTunes, according to Daniel's Facebook page an actual CD release will be available soon.

PaulloDEC

1. At The Gala
2. Becoming Popular
4. Art of the Dress
8. Winter Wrap Up
9. B.B.B.F.F.
10. This Day Aria
11. Love Is In Bloom

Plus a digital booklet

Nice! Great that they splashed out for alternate recordings rather than just using show rips too - I'd have been fine with rips, but it's cool to see them making the effort just the same.

For those who hate iTunes, according to Daniel's Facebook page an actual CD release will be available soon.

For a more immediate option, Google Play.

So the MLPCCG pre-releases tomorrow at my local game store here in Phoenix. After much deliberation, I have decided to attend despite misgivings about the crowd will possibly attend (a bunch of little kids). The game does look good, and I am always curious about new trading card games and this one has some history with me since the developers were former designers on the Lord of the Rings TCG and Star Wars CCG from back in the day. The prizes look neat, with everyone participating earning a foil Rainbow Dash card along with being entered into a drawing for a foil Nightmare Moon. So overall I am pretty excited, not sure how many of you play these sorts of games but I plan on writing up a full impression about it sometime this weekend.

PaulloDEC

So the MLPCCG pre-releases tomorrow at my local game store here in Phoenix. After much deliberation, I have decided to attend despite misgivings about the crowd will possibly attend (a bunch of little kids). The game does look good, and I am always curious about new trading card games and this one has some history with me since the developers were former designers on the Lord of the Rings TCG and Star Wars CCG from back in the day. The prizes look neat, with everyone participating earning a foil Rainbow Dash card along with being entered into a drawing for a foil Nightmare Moon. So overall I am pretty excited, not sure how many of you play these sorts of games but I plan on writing up a full impression about it sometime this weekend.

I've actually never played a CCG, but I've always thought they looked pretty interesting. I'd be grabbing an MLP set if I thought there'd be any players where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom