• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I am not on Owly's ignore list
emot-unsmith63kqs.gif

Being a member of the chosen group isn't so bad, is it?

Look, we even get these cool sleeveless uniforms to wear!

Not sure what this hole is for though...

Nohar

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, Pandaman was telling the truth, there is a ponyGAF ! Squeeeeeee !

... Don't mind me. I'm just a brony.

(Sweeeeeet !)

blamite

My god, Applebuck Season is terrible.

If it wasn't for that episode I probably would've have gotten about 5 or 6 episodes into into Season 1 and given up. Look at the episodes surrounding it, Ticket Master? Griffon the Brush Off? Boast Busters? Not exactly top-tier stuff there, and Applebuck Season is so much better than all of those.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If it wasn't for that episode I probably would've have gotten about 5 or 6 episodes into into Season 1 and given up. Look at the episodes surrounding it, Ticket Master? Griffon the Brush Off? Boast Busters? Not exactly top-tier stuff there, and Applebuck Season is so much better than all of those.

Huh? Those two are top tier episodes.

blamite

Huh? Those two are top tier episodes.
Meh, Griffon is alright I guess, but Boast Busters felt really stretched out to me, and were focused on characters I found really abrasive. I haven't watched it in a long time though, maybe I'd like it better now. But when I was first watching the show, I found the first third or so of the season to be much weaker than the great second half. I guess I have some weird opinions on some first season episodes though, like I can't stand Look Before You Sleep and like Owl's Well more than most. :p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

It helped that I didn't watch the S1 episodes in order the first go-round, but I agree with you that Applebuck Season is top-tier above the rest of the early offerings. Boast Busters and Griffon The Brush-Off were great one-off character episodes with decent story development, but just didn't offer what I like the most about the show (humorous character animations/reactions primarily) compared to Applebuck Season.

Violet_0

Banned
now now, Ticket Master is one of the best S1 episodes and Applebuck Season is pretty good as well. I can't stand the Gilda episode though, so I agree with you there.

also, how comes that Rainbow Dash cosplayers are always the best-looking ones?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ticket master is one of the best episodes you crazy people you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
now now, Ticket Master is one of the best S1 episodes and Applebuck Season is pretty good as well. I can't stand Gilda episode though, so I agree with you there.

also, how comes that Rainbow Dash cosplayers are always the best-looking ones?

I liked Gilda mostly because I really like the Griffon design in the show. Was glad to see another one show up the last episode.

Violet_0

Banned
Not true, Applejack cosplayers tend to be the best looking ones, though the RD cosplayers tend to be the slimest.

I guess I do like slim girls then, because I swear that nine times out of ten RD is the prettiest one in the group. Just a, uh, general observation on my part.

blamite

The show was originally going to have episodes about 11 minutes, right? And then soem of the first episodes written were stretched to I think I read that somewhere? It really shows in some of the early episodes. Ticket Master and Boast Busters seem like the best examples of this. Applebuck seems that way too, but at least it had a good amount of all of the Main 6.

Cheerilee

The show was originally going to have episodes about 11 minutes, right? And then soem of the first episodes written were stretched to I think I read that somewhere? It really shows in some of the early episodes. Ticket Master and Boast Busters seem like the best examples of this. Applebuck seems that way too, but at least it had a good amount of all of the Main 6.

They weren't stretched, they were re-written.

Lauren wrote the first sample scripts in 11 minute form because that was what Hasbro wanted, but she pushed for 22 minute episodes and got it.

Then Lauren gave at least one of her 11 minute scripts (Ticket Master) to Amy Keating Rogers, who wrote a 22 minute script based on Lauren's script. That's not much different than basing an episode on a two-second idea someone tossed out in a story meeting. It doesn't make an episode thin.

Xzeon

Banned
THESE ARE THE PICS I LIKE THAT WERE POSTED

CHEEZMO™;36786298 said:
I knew I recognised it.

Trees' emulation piece:

71235%20-%20artist%3Acrookedtrees%20blood%20DJ_P0n-3%20parody%20vinyl_scratch.png

Couldn't remember off the top of my head if it was Trees who did this or Sweatshirt so I thought I'd ask about both of them :p

So who drew that Applejack? It looks kinda like Trees' style.

In case anyone wants more pony manga (updates daily)

You might be able to find translated ones on ponibooru though. Maybe.

fe495b52074f9c849c0e2fc558adb6d0.jpg

picture related

I tried drawing a thing again:

mJ3Es.png

I'm getting a bit better at this!

HOW PONIES MAKE ME FEEL

the arrow goes straight through my heart
without you everything just falls apart

you are the perfect drug
the perfect drug
the perfect drug
the perfect drug

Cheerilee

I don't really have a choice?

If you have to, then you have to, but if you have an alternative, it's good to remember to set it up beforehand.

When you go in for the test, they might give you eye drops that make your pupils open super kawaii wide and stay that way for hours (it's so that they can take a quick look into your eyes and maybe early-detect some problems). It's not an ideal condition to be in if you're driving home afterward or going to your job operating heavy machinery.

You'll still be entirely capable of driving, but be extra careful and make sure you have places you can pull over and stop the car if your eyes start to feel tired or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom