• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the maze is in the shape of a stubby penis, its telling us that dash is a lesbian because no stallion is enough for her.

LuffyZoro

c2b.jpg

Dogity?

So looks like Hub programming went up on Netflix a few days ago, all of S1 is there and in HD.

My daughter is on a marathon run of it right now.

Cheerilee

See, now this is awesome. I can't read Japanese, and yet I understand these jokes perfectly.

My limited knowledge of moonspeak says that's Chinese, not Japanese. It's all made of those square pictograms. Japan borrows those, but then they mix it up with a couple of other styles.

So it's not Japan referencing ponies (with their everyday Gundams), it's China referencing both ponies and Gundams.

Edit: Beaten

Link Man

Banned
My limited knowledge of moonspeak says that's Chinese, not Japanese. It's all made of those square pictograms. Japan borrows those, but then they mix it up with a couple of other styles.

So it's not Japan referencing ponies (with their everyday Gundams), it's China referencing both ponies and Gundams.

Edit: Beaten

Ah. Pardon my ignorance, then.

My point still stands, in that the humor transcends language barriers.

So I was thinking about how the character of Spike is portrayed in FiM, and how he interacts with the principally female cast around him. When it hit me.

"Dragon Quest" is a metaphor for men embracing their feminine side. Think about it, Spke's apron, all the dragons in the episode are male and engage in stereotypical male behaviors like belching and wrestling, they criticize him for being a "pony" (woman) instead of a "dragon" (man), then at the end he becomes a mother to Peewee.

Despite serving as the primary male perspective in the show, Spike is actually totally emasculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom