• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to this particular eye doctor several times... never had to deal with eye drops before.

Not to say it'll never happen, but it hasn't yet.

Cheerilee

I've been to this particular eye doctor several times... never had to deal with eye drops before.

Not to say it'll never happen, but it hasn't yet.

If they randomly offer the drops this time, you can just tell them that you're driving and they probably won't bother with the test. I don't think they expect to find any problems, but they like to check once in a while, just in case.

Been a while since I've contributed to this thread. So

IMAGE DUMP!

BVpax.gif

ymOGZ.png

L7X5g.png

7HXQi.png

GdTa4.png

3bIFd.png

s52Fi.png

gzZ8o.jpg

hFdDM.png

Oh and thought this was neat and could be useful.
It's just cool, okay?

iycdA.gif

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to wonder, is HotDiggetyDemon secretly Seth MacFarlane?

I'd peg their style somewhere between MacFarlane and John Kricfalusi, with a little more shock-humor thrown in.

APPLE.MOV still reigns supreme, but this was an improvement over the last two.

Link Man

Banned
I'd peg their style somewhere between MacFarlane and John Kricfalusi, with a little more shock-humor thrown in.

APPLE.MOV still reigns supreme, but this was an improvement over the last two.

Yeah, I've noticed the influence from John K (though I didn't know who he was before search, Ren & Stimpy for those who don't know).

judhudson

Okay, so here's my first ever drawing of a pony. I can't draw, never could. I did it with my iPad that I bought today. Drawing is something I always wanted to do, but I'd waste so much paper doing so. So with a tablet, and hopefully ponies, I can learn.

This is finger-drawn by the way with DrawCast. If anyone has any recommendations on different paint/drawing programs, I'm all ears. I'll be getting a stylus soon.

7069363951_207ac7b8cc_o.jpg

Prade

Max really just does the series for some cheap laughs he's thought up of in his head. He's been that way prior to ponies, and now he's doing it with dem pones. As for MAGIC, it pretty much did what the others did in providing a chuckle and new reference for us to beat a dead horse with in the IRC.

Violet_0

Banned
This is finger-drawn by the way with DrawCast. If anyone has any recommendations on different paint/drawing programs, I'm all ears. I'll be getting a stylus soon.

GIMP is pretty good if you don't have Photoshop, or so I hear. A stylus will definitely make things easier for you. As someone who can't draw either and is trying to get better, I wish you good luck, and keep it up!

LuffyZoro

Okay, so here's my first ever drawing of a pony. I can't draw, never could. I did it with my iPad that I bought today. Drawing is something I always wanted to do, but I'd waste so much paper doing so. So with a tablet, and hopefully ponies, I can learn.

Learning to draw is a great thing, and is in fact what I've been doing for going on four months now. A little advice: Draw every day. Every. Single. Day. Even if it's just a sketch, do it anyway, because practice makes perfect.

Also, while I've seen great art be produced from an iPad, it's not exactly the best way to go for wanting to create good art, even with a stylus. Might I recommend picking up a cheap Wacom tablet such as this? I don't have any personal experience with them, owning a Tablet PC, but I believe you could ask Bakphoon.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope you continue!

Xzeon

Banned

http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Paint.net, a free Photoshop ripoff, Ive been using it forever.

If your also serious about drawing on the computer i would get a drawing tablet like others are saying, thats how the hardcore digital artists draw.

Also thats a really good drawing for being on an iPad and for claiming that you have no talent, good job.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

Aside from what others have suggested, consider starting with paper + pencil. It might be harder to share your work and add an extra step if you want to ink/color your sketches, but there are plenty of people (see: Myke) that swear by the benefits of sketching with pencil first every single time.

Of course, this doesn't automatically disqualify diving straight in with tablets. The Bamboo is an excellent choice for the beginner.

judhudson

Ain't no chance I'll be able to pick up another tablet, the iPad blew my budget (thats what I get for venturing over the the iPad OT thread, lol.

Anyhow, I'll keep an eye out for more paint programs for the iPad. I'm stuck with it now - and I ordered some stylus so hopefully it'll make it easier then the finger. I can't really draw with a mouse - tried, not comfy for me. As for pencil and paper...I did experiment with that at a younger age, but wasted so much paper and got smears everywhere - plus, erase smears. So going digital for me is the best and easiest way.

Already trying to storm up ideas on what to draw next, dunno how it'll turn out, but I think it'll be funny.

If you're just starting to learn, I seriously recommend just using a pencil and a sheet of paper. Jumping straight into computer programs is not the way I would personally recommend. Wasting paper is all part of the process.

----

Anyway, speaking of first time drawing ponies, I mentioned before that, though I can draw and I am a fan of the show, I had never once even attempted to draw a pony.

Well, I made the situation right. Just a simple, uncolored drawing to help alleviate a potential burnout on my dinosaurs.
QvF7q.png

(the three best characters on the show by the way)
Not only the first time drawing a pony, but one of the first actual attempts I've made at drawing anything Equine in many years.

Reposting, as it was lost to the page break!

Anyway, speaking of first time drawing ponies, I mentioned before that, though I can draw and I am a fan of the show, I had never once even attempted to draw a pony.

Well, I made the situation right. Just a simple, uncolored drawing to help alleviate a potential burnout on my dinosaurs.
QvF7q.png

(the three best characters on the show by the way)
Not only the first time drawing a pony, but one of the first actual attempts I've made at drawing anything Equine in many years.

Look at that half assed background. Look at it. Spike's supposed to be holding a jewel, but it's pretty obscured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom