• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

7837403.87.jpg
Horns are touching.

'XOX Betsey'?

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I just played the My little Investigations demo, a fan game that is quite inspired by the Phoenix Wright series. Well, it seems to play like Ace Attorney Investigations, but I personally never got around to playing it. Was released rather resent.

It's not bad, but it's missing some of the charm that the source of inspiration has. Phoenix Wright has such lively characters as apposed to the nearly static ponies seen here. And while I can't speak as comparison for the Investigations aspect of actually walking around, I found that part was rather dull as I found the rooms nearly blank. There was some gags there, but all the space there versus what can be accessed seemed bleak.

Voice acting is here too. While Rarity's wasn't too bad, Applebloom needs to get a new microphone, maybe a new voice actor as well... but I think it's all moot in the favor of playing without the voice acting. Phoenix Write games didn't have them besides the 'Objections!' (Of which there should be in the game) and the voices in my head do a great job on replicating.

Besides some oft mishaps on when the text doesn't match well with the flow of the voice, and maybe the dialog could be a little fine tuned (Really? You gonna measure a horse in feet and inches?) I think it's a solid demo and hope the final product holds up well.

Alright which one of you jokers hijacked University of Washington's Progress-UW ticket with a giant picture of Twilight Sparkle and blasted remixes of Pinky Pie's songs at their booth? Probably the same people who drew giant chalk ponies on the ground some time ago I bet.

judhudson

Here's something interesting: New Hasbro blind bag figures?

So... I'm surfing eBay on the "newly listed" filter... and I am seeing pictures of all these blind bag characters, the seller (junjie1007) is describing them as a Hasbro product and they are shipping from China. Does anyone know about these, are they actually real?? I am curious if this has been mentioned before or if it is on Taobao at all.

You can see them on eBay by typing:
" Hasbro my little pony friendship is magic blind bag figure 81" (This is Granny Smith)

EDIT: Here are the pictures the seller has posted ^-^

Screenshot2012-05-08at33516PM.png
Screenshot2012-05-08at33127PM.png
Screenshot2012-05-08at32910PM.png
Screenshot2012-05-08at32904PM.png
Screenshot2012-05-08at32852PM.png

judhudson

That's my thought as well. I mean, each figure would have to be individually tooled...unlike the current Blind Bags where there are a few variations in designs and then they repaint them to get them to look like other ponies.

Wishful thinking though, I would love to see some new figures...especially in the states...we're still on..what, Wave 3? Where's Big Mac, Lyra, etc? :(

I wonder what SDCC will hold for announcements though (other than what we already know from the New York Toy Fair).

Orcastar

They should update the entire blindbag line while they're at it. That Wonderbolt seems more show accurate than Twilight, AJ and Dash. And what's the big idea with that white Wonderbolt pegasus (Surprise?) anyway when they could have gone for Spitfire?

blamite

Woah, decent stuff that is also official? Neat. These are blind-bag size deals I guess, based on the Twilight/AJ/RD? How big are those?

And... Why do I kinda want to buy these? >.>

$200

Banned
From Daniel Ingram's fb:

I just found out that "Find a Pet" and "Becoming Popular" were both nominated for Daytime Emmy Awards!!! Credit for their help producing the songs goes to Steffan Andrews and David Corman, and a huge thanks to Hasbro/Hub/DHX Media for their support in making it happen!

McNum

I kind of want the Big Macintosh.

Also, anyone else notice that they're themed horizontally in the picture?

Apple Family
Rainbow Dash and friends
Twilight, her bother, and sister-in-law

Wonder if that means anything, or if it's just going to be blind bags again? Could be interesting to see sets of three figures.

judhudson

I kind of want the Big Macintosh.

Also, anyone else notice that they're themed horizontally in the picture?

Apple Family
Rainbow Dash and friends
Twilight, her bother, and sister-in-law

Wonder if that means anything, or if it's just going to be blind bags again? Could be interesting to see sets of three figures.

It's going to be 'Collection Sets'. More info:

The My Little Pony Miniature Collection proves that magic come sin all sizes! Featuring 3 favorite characters from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic in each pack, fans can collect the Apple Family, Pony Wedding and Coudsdale sets starting this fall.

My best guest is it'll be sold like this:

They should update the entire blindbag line while they're at it. That Wonderbolt seems more show accurate than Twilight, AJ and Dash. And what's the big idea with that white Wonderbolt pegasus (Surprise?) anyway when they could have gone for Spitfire?

I assumed it was spitfire with very pale hair, but I could be wrong.

McNum

Aww, and here I was feeling all clever and stuff... It's interesting to see toys that are clearly based on show characters, though. These packs along with white Celestia, DJ PON-3, Nightmare Moon and Zecora show a promising direction.

And yes, white Celestia probably only exists because there's now pink Cadence to replace her. Still, it's pretty nice.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Glad to be wrong on those figures. Probably wont get the Canterlot one, have the Twilight blind bag, and don't care about SA or Cadance. Might grab the Apple family one, but will certainly get that other one for that Gilda figure, it looks great.

LuffyZoro

I just found a blast from the past, my very first drawing of a pony, dating back to before I was even interested in ponies!

lbs3B.png

It's Bakpony! :D

Psxphile

I feel the Cloudsdale set is going to sell out fast thanks to Gilda. Moreso if they made that Thunderbolt Spitfire instead of... whomever that is.

From Daniel Ingram's fb:

Were any of his Season 1 songs ever nominated and/or win? Also I feel Smile Smile Smile was robbed, definitely deserved a nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom