• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I'm on a music trip. Goddamn the songs for this show are so absurdly good.

/edit I just realised that France exists in this universe because Fluttershy wants "French Haute Cauteur" or whatever

/Find a Pet is a realllllly good musical song. Like, really, really good. It might even be a little better than Flimflam Brothers. Though Smile, Smile, Smile is pretty high-tier.

I'm on a music trip. Goddamn the songs for this show are so absurdly good.

/edit I just realised that France exists in this universe because Fluttershy wants "French Haute Cauteur" or whatever

/Find a Pet is a realllllly good musical song. Like, really, really good. It might even be a little better than Flimflam Brothers. Though Smile, Smile, Smile is pretty high-tier.

Hippogriffs seem to be based of european countries, Gilda seems from the UK (the st5yle but sadly not the voice) and theres the french one in Mmmistery in the Friendship Express. In any case france mannerisms and culture are used a lot in cartoons becuase they are awesome for comedy.

And May the best pet win is really underrated, is a great song, and one of my favs with Flim Flam Brothers, This Day Aria and Smile.

CHEEZMO™;37715461 said:
Is it me, or does Daniel Ingram seem like a genuinely nice and pleasant fellow?

If you have a facebook account and you read all what he writes you can see he is an awesome and really nice guy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Season 2 is on Netflix now.

For those wondering, The Last Roundup is the iTunes edit.
Remember when Hasbro said that edit was only going to be on iTunes? But then it aired on TV. That's the thing about damage control, it only works if you actually do what you claim is true.

kunonabi

My Little Pony has invaded ESPN. I was watching PTI yesterday and they have two pony figures on set. They have a Pinkie Pie standing on Mickey Mouse's head and I believe there is a Celestia on the table too.

Becoming Popular got nominated for an Emmy? Hell yeah! Ingram really deserves the recognition. If it wins I want some fanart of Rarity accepting the award.

judhudson

Yes!

Remember when Hasbro said that edit was only going to be on iTunes? But then it aired on TV. That's the thing about damage control, it only works if you actually do what you claim is true.

Awwww..... At least its one reason why everyone should own a copy of the Friendship Express DVD.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

So we are forced to watch the version with the better voice?

Darn...

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Talking about that episode should be bannable.

I wish that episode didnt exist and would be erased from reality.

If only they cut out the fandom. Then we would all glance over a small part of a rather great episode and not care of a background character suddenly tossed into the spotlight creating a calamity.

The fandom is the best part of MLPFiM, with the show being a tool to keep said fandom alive, that's also pretty decent and better than watching a blank screen for 30 minutes.

brian577

Banned
Talking about that episode should be bannable.

I wish that episode didnt exist and would be erased from reality.

Now what a minute, your not insinuating that the entire episode is ruined because a fan character who doesn't really matter AT ALL was altered? It's not like Derpy is the only reason this show is good or the episode for that matter.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
The fandom is the best part of MLPFiM, with the show being a tool to keep said fandom alive, that's also pretty decent and better than watching a blank screen for 30 minutes.

I was mostly talking about the episode. As you can see from the start of the show, they were just doing whatever they wanted to make it enjoyable for them as well as creating a kids show in the first place. The only reason Derpy was there in that episode stands as a nod to the vocal fans.

And I don't know about that bit that the fandom is the best part of all this. It's interesting, I think.

kunonabi

Now what a minute, your not insinuating that the entire episode is ruined because a fan character who doesn't really matter AT ALL was altered? It's not like Derpy is the only reason this show is good or the episode for that matter.

It's bullshit censorship regardless of it being a nod to the fanbase or not. I haven't watched Aladdin in years for the same nonsense and I will not watch the butchered version of last roundup either. Thankfully we have the dvd and youtube so we still have easy access to it.

brian577

Banned
It's bullshit censorship regardless of it being a nod to the fanbase or not. I haven't watched Aladdin in years for the same nonsense and I will not watch the butchered version of last roundup either. Thankfully we have the dvd and youtube so we still have easy access to it.

Bullshit censorship or not (and it is), it doesn't the make the entire episode unwatchable.

Bullshit censorship or not (and it is), it doesn't the make the entire episode unwatchable.

It just makes watching the edited version pointless as an adult male fan when the unedited one is out there, legally even.

They can't undo history.

So actually we agree that bringing up "It's the edited version" everytime the episode airs somewhere is pointless because fans can get the real thing.

blamite

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Derpy or no Derpy, Last Roundup is still the best episode of the show (best non-2-parter at least). Yeah, Derpy was great, and yeah, the new voice is awful, but the quality of the episode as a whole is more or less maintained regardless of that one short scene.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Only thing I wish they had kept was the Derpy name (Though I would have preferred Ditzy). New voice sounds better, and isn't being done by someone working under the impression that Derpy is male.

Your life is ever so hard now that you have to treat the mentally handicapped with respect. I feel for you, bro.

the_new_royal_guardian_fluttershy_by_jennieoo-d4zcazb.png

McNum

"HALT! Criminal scum! ...you know, if it wouldn't be too much trouble... eep!"

Fluttershy looks pretty cool as a royal guard, although her mane reminds me of Rainbow Dash's mane. Then again, if she were to set her mane like a brave pony would, she's copy Rainbow, I suppose.

Fluttershy looks pretty cool as a royal guard, although her mane reminds me of Rainbow Dash's mane. Then again, if she were to set her mane like a brave pony would, she's copy Rainbow, I suppose.

What are you talking about, Fluttershy's hair has always been like that!

1301846147351.jpg

Jintor

I just wish they had introduced Cadence and Shining Armour earlier. (Shining Armour's name is stupid, but then it fits with Twilight's compound name)

Xzeon

Banned

No.

Its because of people arguing about it every time its brought up.

Your life is ever so hard now that you have to treat the mentally handicapped with respect. I feel for you, bro.

Bullshit like this.

That episode has been nothing but problems since it aired and every time its brought up the thread is derailed.

Should be bannable if you talk about it.

Narag

What changed in Aladdin?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Only horrid thing to come from The Last Roundup, is people saying that Rainbow Dash abandoned Rarity and Applejack, like it's RD's problem that Rarity and Pinkie can't get back to the town that they just ran out of 5 minutes ago.

brian577

Banned
That episode has been nothing but problems since it aired and every time its brought up the thread is derailed.

Should be bannable if you talk about it.

So bury the episode and never speak of it again, even the other 90% that isn't controversial? To me that's A LOT worse that anything Hasbro did.

Honestly, in regards to th episode "The Last Roundup", I quite frankly don't wish to dwell on it. I however have a revised view on the episode as, very recently I shall add, had a new friend get into the show, and ask what the voice difference and eye editing was all about.

What I said was simply, "I didn't like the change, but I know why it had to be done. No worries, the original is still up online and on my DVD, so ehh, if I see the 'censored' version, I'll smile, and replace the eyes mentally. Quite frankly, them taking down the episode initially made me mad, but ehh, it's done now"

Anyway...banning? a bit harsh...I like Applejack hiding her ribbons in the show, and Pinkie going insane. The episode is fine, let it be =p

Xzeon

Banned
So bury the episode and never speak of it again, even the other 90% that isn't controversial? To me that's A LOT worse that anything Hasbro did.

This stupid fucking argument about that episode will never end, its like Star Wars/Sonic levels of bickering bullshit, I just dont care anymore.

have some creepy art.

boop_by_deathpwny-d4z9ox9.png

Cheerilee

What changed in Aladdin?

Song lyrics.

Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam
Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face
It's barbaric, but hey, it's home!

That was seen as offensive to Muslims. So they censored it.

Oh I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam
Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
It's barbaric, but hey, it's home!

It breaks the rhyming theme, it doesn't make any sense lyrically, and it could still be seen as offensive to some. But that's censorship for you. It breaks things. That's what it does.

You can't force respect. It does more harm than good. It just delays and kills all dialogue while any potential narcs are present, even completely neutral harmless stuff because "you never know", and once those people step out of the room there's an unleashing of ten times the hateful shit. If you haven't seen it, your friends probably think you're a narc.

And just to state the obvious, Derpy was factually not ableist. The Last Roundup was written by a mother of a disabled child, and Tabitha (fittingly, IMO) derped by giving her a little-boy voice. The only guilty party here is Jayson Thiessen, who let his PC guard down and laughed at a funny face, and who accepted the word "derp", a word that a razor-thin minority thinks should be a banned as a horrible insult against retarded people, instead of taking the word back and turning it to something delightful, taking advantage of by far it's biggest appearance since it's non-offensive South Park creation. And for that guilt, I'm somewhat worried that a great man like Jayson was fired/quit (since coming upon this terrible thought, I haven't found anything solidly confirming/denying it).

I don't care what people on 4chan do. I learned that a long time ago. I really don't care for the .mov series (although I liked Ren & Stimpy). Ashleigh Ball likes it. Good for her. Good for the .mov series. Different strokes for different folks.

And since there are hints that Derpy scenes were quietly censored in post-TLR episodes, it's safe to say that not only did we lose Derpy, but Amy Keating Rogers or anyone else from MLP is never going to be able to write a good MLP episode dealing with the handicapped. None of us are going to have fun with retards. None of us are going to do anything with them. I'm sure I'll survive without that somehow, but I don't think anyone is better off because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom