• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
QSmL2.jpg

But wait, there's more!

tCKAz.png

Nr1lU.jpg

ebamI.png

Best post of the thread hahahahahahaha.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Turnabout Storm has horrible voice acting and the second video ruined it for me.

Also wtf is this even true? Why are fans so dense?

tumblr_lqcq1waIez1r1gdkto1_r1_500.png

Jintor

I always get the impression from the fanart that some of them envision Twilight as Indian or Sri Lanken or something like that, actually.

From the few videos I have watched about this he is one of the best, or better said, most sensible guys that are asked.
BTW he did say at the end of the first video of Teens react to MLP that he found it interesting, so I assume he went home, watched a bunch of episodes, and got hooked like us.
So yep, Adam is fucking awesome.

black twilight is weird.

obviously if any of the characters would be black, it'd be rarity.

Black + purple is a cool color scheme, though.

Besides,black twilight kind of became a meme way back in the early fandom. There was a huge dustup about it back when 4chan's MLP Generals were pretty much the only ones paying attention to it, and more people starteddrawing humanized Twiliht black just to piss offthe racists. The tradition continues.

Imaginations are not allowed to differ. Imaginary cartoon pony is white only.

Yeah, I can see being momentarily taken aback by such a humanization, but I wish people would be a little more reflective about why they have that reaction. It's like a lot of people subconsciously think that white is some kind of cosmic default, deviation from which needs to be justified. I did feel a little odd when I saw the humanization at first but managed to get over it when I realized that I was being unreasonable. It's an opportunity to learn more about your subconscious biases about races, but most people never get beyond the uncomfortable/outraged stage.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Just posted this on deviantArt.

It's Silverspeed, one of the background ponies from Hurricane Fluttershy. I wanted to try something new for this, and so made it my first piece lacking outlines - a true paint job. I'm very satisfied with the result, but not with the scaledown effect that dA's sample offers. I advise all to click through and download the full pic (3000x2000) to check the full detail, mainly in the mane and tail.

Next time I draw a pegasus pony, maybe I'll switch style and go for wings that are more realistic and not as close to the show design.

LuffyZoro

It's Silverspeed, one of the background ponies from Hurricane Fluttershy. I wanted to try something new for this, and so made it my first piece lacking outlines - a true paint job. I'm very satisfied with the result, but not with the scaledown effect that dA's sample offers. I advise all to click through and download the full pic (3000x2000) to check the full detail, mainly in the mane and tail.

Next time I draw a pegasus pony, maybe I'll switch style and go for wings that are more realistic and not as close to the show design.

That's really good Myke. The shading and everything on her are well done, and the clouds are excellent.

Theonik

I really like what you've done with those clouds.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thank you both. The clouds were actually very fun to draw. I picked some random reference pictures, and was able to see that they were all really grey with white upper edges, and that they were placed within different planes, getting more "crispy" as they are further away. Taking thse points into consideration, it's pretty simple to get some pretty cool looking clouds going on; Just draw a semi-random mass in grey, and then start scribbling at the upper edges with a white brush. Then you repeat this in different layers for the background clouds, but using smaller brushes.

judhudson

Oh dang, this is nice. I wouldn't even change the wings, love how they look on her.

That's really really good Myke.

If my taobao order falls thru, looks like I'll be going this route :)

I just hope Hasbro made enough for the demand.

Same here, just ordered myself. Nice to have a backup plan.

I kinda like the ambiguous tanned ethnic skinned humanizations of Twilight personally.

LuffyZoro

I was juuuuuust about to buy one of those Derpy toys from taobao, but then I looked at the extra shipping costs. $32 for one pound to the US?!?

Derpy wouldn't charge that much, it's an impostor.

Theonik

I was juuuuuust about to buy one of those Derpy toys from taobao, but then I looked at the extra shipping costs. $32 for one pound to the US?!?

Derpy wouldn't charge that much, it's an impostor.
The extra cost is for mandatory insurance as derpy mail is quite risky.

Xzeon

Banned

GManDH

So after trying not to and holding the urge i succumbed to my urges and ADawgs recommendation and started watching MLP. BEST DECISION EVER!!!! Go Rainbow Dash

judhudson

Man I don't want to go back to the topic of the Lyra plush, but hell, the pics on tumblr of its different uses crack me to pieces. Artists are having a field day with it...guess its the easiest way to deal with stuff like it:

Ok that's enough of that.

So after trying not to and holding the urge i succumbed to my urges and ADawgs recommendation and started watching MLP. BEST DECISION EVER!!!! Go Rainbow Dash

Welcome!

And once again, dunno how I managed to get first post of a new page :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom