• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess I'm one of the few who really dislike pony fanart that uses soft coloring. I guess when I imagine fanart of the show I always think that the style from the show is kept intact.

CHEEZMO™;38327473 said:
I remember when we last had this discussion. Got pretty heated.

There was one?

Cheerilee

Making it an exclusive and then selling it online later, whats the point.

I mean its cool that I can get one now, but why even fucking bother with Comic Con.

AFAIK, they're making it as a limited-edition item, specifically made for sale at Comic Con (and another brony convention). It's "convention exclusive" because it's not going to be mass produced or shipped to retail.

It's production run will have been limited to as many of them as Hasbro guessed they can sell at the convention. And they hope, but can't remotely guarantee, not to be sold out until the very end of the convention.

The leftovers will be given to Hasbro's online shop for clearance, assuming there are any leftovers. If bronies storm Comic Con and Hasbro is unprepared for their numbers, there simply won't be any left for sale online. It's possible for someone to go to Comic Con and still miss out. And there are even non-fans who try to pay for their convention trips by picking up as many popular limited-edition items as they can (regardless of the product, just as long as they think there's money in it relative to size), and trying to resell them for profit on eBay. If Hasbro overestimates Derpy's sales potential at a nerd convention, Hasbro's online shop will have a lot of leftovers.

The Derpy for sale from Taobao is (presumably) an unauthorized additional print run, made by the factory Hasbro trusted to make this "limited edition" item. It's like a perfect copy, without any loss of quality. It's only drawback is that it's unauthorized, and Hasbro isn't getting any of your money, and the factory workers are probably getting more.

Morgadeth

She's real, and she'll be sold at Comic Con and My Little Pony Fair exclusively, then on the Hasbro site afterwards for $20.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...special-edition-my-little-pony/1#.T8Zkr_nF98H

pony-frontx-wide-community.jpg

Aww, they won't ship to NZ

Cheerilee

Why is she reclining in a cloud then suddenly rolling her eyes while standing on a building?

That was my only complaint. Lazy-cloud Dash is a perfect replacement for sonic-rainboom Dash. Derpy-wreckage Dash doesn't fit so well. Needs more cuts of Rainbow Dash with clouds.

Fluttershy is perfect though.

akira28

Yeah, I can see being momentarily taken aback by such a humanization, but I wish people would be a little more reflective about why they have that reaction. It's like a lot of people subconsciously think that white is some kind of cosmic default, deviation from which needs to be justified. I did feel a little odd when I saw the humanization at first but managed to get over it when I realized that I was being unreasonable. It's an opportunity to learn more about your subconscious biases about races, but most people never get beyond the uncomfortable/outraged stage.

Sociologists have found lots of unconscious negative racial bias against minorities, mainly because it's the difference that gets focused on, subconsciously. 'This person isn't like me' becomes such a focus point, that the best that people think about themselves, which is the default, doesn't get assigned to the other. But the different or the negative is free to be assigned, because the person doesn't automatically identify with it. This group of social scientists basically said racism has become more subtle, in the form of "unconscious racial bias".

Personally I like to see anyone's human take on a pony character, as long as it's well done. And if they make it another race other than white, it also seems to add different dimensions to the character that might not have been considered before. It's like adding more tone to the shade of the character. Of course, I may be a little biased...

judhudson

I can't remember, but will the OT - specifically this thread - be inaccessible come E3? I know GAF usually has to disable something due to the extra traffic it brings.

Link Man

Banned
I can't remember, but will the OT - specifically this thread - be inaccessible come E3? I know GAF usually has to disable something due to the extra traffic it brings.

Don't know for sure, but I would guess that the Community sub-forums would be the most likely of candidates for E3 closure. But probably only during the conferences.

Also, say goodbye to your avatar for the next few days.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for search.

Cheerilee

When I was new to the Internet, I was taught that people who changed something's filename and then re-uploaded it were dicks. People who damage things they didn't make by signing them are monsters.

Theonik

When I was new to the Internet, I was taught that people who changed something's filename and then re-uploaded it were dicks. People who damage things they didn't make by signing them are monsters.
What about people that do the latter and make a profit out of it to boot. Are they Hitler Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom