• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

G-Fex said:
she's afraid of her own shadow.

I loved that part.
But she got all badass at the end of the episode!
So far of those I've watched I believe the science vs religion episode is the best. Fluttershy is my fav pony, out of the main crew Applejack is the one I like the least I think. Though the Cutie Mark Crusaders or whatever seem to be quite annoying. Pinkie Pie would be great but meh, I don't really like the musical parts ;/ Favorite moment is probably when Fluttershy got her voice changed, I really laughed hard when she spoke for the first time (and later sung the Pinkie Pie song).

...wtf am I talking about?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dunno, I mean even freakin' Diamond Dogs got that "Sorry Timmy, we can't fund your operation anymore" spin. Gilda should have one.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ookami-kun said:
I dunno, I mean even freakin' Diamond Dogs got that "Sorry Timmy, we can't fund your operation anymore" spin. Gilda should have one.
*Shrugs* There is some decent, sympathetic Gilda fan fiction out there, if you're willing to rummage through the sea of Gildash shipping.

G-Fex said:
Stop caring about Gilda!
This. What is it with you people and caring about characters who are written solely as an example of what a shitty person is!

I hope Gilda is in a hospital somewhere in Equestria diagnosed with bird-flu.

CassSept

Oh come on, you people are sympathetic towards GILDA out of all possible characters? She got what she deserved and it's good she is out of Ponyville. End of story.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
That's an effect of this show. It leads us to try and see the best in everyone. Friendship is magic, and all that jazz.

... But Gilda MADE FLUTTERSHY CRY!

Boss Doggie

Like I said, if people can think of stuff for Trixie, then it's easy to do for Gilda. She could be like that because ponies are racist, etc.

G-Fex

Ookami-kun said:
And yet you have those Trixie stuff, as well as effin' Diamond Dogs.

Trixie isn't Gilda bad.

Plus that one picture someone posted before with her mom in the hospital made me all sad.

Ne-e-e-eighsayers.

Dennis

Banned
1. The Great and Powerful Trixie

2. Fluttershy

3. Her Majesty Princess Luna

Why wouldn't we get more of two of the best characters? That would be stupid.

<3 Fluttershy beast mode.

"How DARE you!!"
"But that rainbow one kicked me..."
"And I'm sorry about that but you're bigger than her and you should know better."
OGFBv.jpg

oGZwb.jpg

Also, Gilda got what she deserved. She was humiliated in front of almost all of Ponyville and her best (and probably only) friend told her to take of hike because she treated everypony like crap.

I'm also really glad that Twilight admitted her mistake in not trusting PP. Good on you, Twilight!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ZoddGutts said:
Luna is also misunderstood and underappreciated.
Luna appeared on the show for all of 15 seconds, and she only spoke one line.

She's still 1,000
times more awesome than Gilda.

When talking about Rainbow Dash a few pages back, I said that arrogance is a big character turn-off to me. Well, the opposite of that to me is gratefulness, and that is all that Luna shows us during those 15 seconds.

I mean, look at this:

FLDpU.png

That's one grateful mare.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
To be fair, RD should have known the pranks were getting to Gilda since she was falling for all of them. They really did treat her like crap, and I don't believe Pinky was just throwing a party.

Then I remembered she made Fluttershy cry...

Boss Doggie

If people can make up Trixie something of having a "mysterious pony mother" then one can simply make up of a pony who secretly bullies Gilda but pretends to be "moe" like Fluttershy so that her pleas can be ignored. That, or because she's an endangered species, Gilda sees her old self from Flutter?

Sciz said:
pfft, "Diamond Dog". Nothing but a pack of mangy, self-glorifying gnolls, more like.

rarityisthebestracist.png

I started to give this dang show a try today all because of this thread. I caught only a few minutes, and I guess I could see the appeal. It seems funny because it's pretty darn cute. One of the pink ponies just kept jumping up and down and I almost lost it. I don't expect to wear and pony avatars or anything anytime soon. I guess if I see it on again I might watch it again. Might.

Menmanelf

Speculation time: Based on the episode titles for 25/26 (Party of One and Best Night Ever respectivley) I'm assuming they'll be a 2 parter involving Twilight being alienated/seperated from her friends for whatever reason in 25 and being reunitied through the Elements or something similar in 26.

Maybe Celestia wants Twilight to come back to Canterlot, maybe she makes a faux pas, resulting in her being a 'Party of One'.

Anyway that's my speculation posted.

Sweetie Belle's voice is cuter than all the main cast put together sans Fluttershy, and Applebloom's voice slightly annoys me.

So I gotta say Sweetie Bell. Speaking of her, why does she have an American accent while Rarity has an English accent?

ZoddGutts

Mechanical Snowman said:
Sweetie Belle's voice is cuter than all the main cast put together sans Fluttershy, and Applebloom's voice slightly annoys me.

So I gotta say Sweetie Bell. Speaking of her, why does she have an American accent while Rarity has an English accent?

Rarity has that high society class Frasier/Niles like accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom