• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
Wow. Official designs. Does that confirm that one of the upcoming episodes will have flashbacks?!

I can't remember which episode exactly. But there was an upcoming episode summary listed as an episode where the CMC ask the ponies how they got their cutie marks. So yeah.

EDIT: Yep it's going to be EP 23 So it's two weeks away.

I'd rather see episodes based on Buffy.

Or Doctor Who.

At the very least, with the latter, it'd be kind nice to have more Dr. Whoof scenes (like with Apple Bloom in Call of the Cutie) with him sporting a British accent just as a nod to the fanbase

duckroll

Choppasmith said:
I can't remember which episode exactly. But there was an upcoming episode summary listed as an episode where the CMC ask the ponies how they got their cutie marks. So yeah.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod. I'm so excited!!!

duckroll

Hmmmm, looks like the description for episode 25 is out. Doesn't sound like the last two episodes are going to be a two parter...

Pinkie Pie tries to learn why her friends are avoiding her party invitation.

duckroll said:
I kind of hope she gets upset in this episode, it will give her a bit of depth. She is a great character but sometimes I think of her sort of as the equivilent of a GAF joke character; can be quite funny but lacking any sense of realism or authenticity.

Also, why is Spike in those baby variants! He's already a baby.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Menmanelf said:
Did a quick colour of that Twilight art, not very good, but didn't mean it to be.
Increase the bucket fill neighboring color threshold, in order to eliminate those white spaces around the black lines.

duckroll said:
Don't dragons age much slower?
That's an interesting thought. For all that we know, Spike could be older than Twilight, but mature much more slowly.

duckroll

The rest of this season looks good!

Next week - Fluttershy ep
Next next week - Potential flashback ep
Next next next week - Spike ep
Next next next next week - Errr... Pinkie-pie ep... but I'll live

Then... season finale! Yay!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so, everyone get a derpymail account?

azsC5.jpg

CassSept

Series done :(
Episode 21 was quite weak, but on the other hand ep 20 was amazing.
Fluttershy>Twilight=Pinkie=Rarity>Rainbow/AJ (still not sure on the last two). Fluttershy is by far the best pony though. CMC are as annoying as they were in their first appearance and are getting way too much screen time :(

Edit: Next week is Fluttershy-centric episode? AWESOME.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'm done translating episode 19 to european portuguese, only 2 more to go!

The Cutie Mark Crusaders theme in episode 18 was actually much easier to translate than any of the other songs. Maybe because it follows a more conventional rhyming style, or maybe because it's just that awesomely dumb (no hard-to-translate puns).

All the subtitle files for the episodes for which I'm done with translating and timing, can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/mlp-fim_pt-pt_subs

I'm still looking for a brazilian collaborator to adapt these subtitles to PT-BR, so if there's some fan or lurker interested in helping, I could really use a hand hoof.

Any fansubbing veterans have any tips on how I can go about promoting this project?

Koomaster

duckroll said:
Is that a round-about way of saying you don't want to ever see Luna again? IS IT?!
Whaaaaa... :O

No way! I just want to pony all the time! Don't want the new episodes to ever stop, including new ones about Luna!

CassSept

Ookami-kun said:
I just realized that there is no new ep this week
But next week is Fluttershy ep, so that will make up for it!

Ugh, a question to all the bronies here. So, these avatars that are still in Foxix's post are free to grab, right? I promised myself to not change av for MLP, but after catching myself humming "my little pooneeee-" a while ago I'm starting to doubt so. Curses!

duckroll said:
Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. I'm so excited!!!

Fix'd

duckroll said:
Hmmmm, looks like the description for episode 25 is out. Doesn't sound like the last two episodes are going to be a two parter...

I could see the two being a 2-parter around the Grand Galloping Gala.

Choppasmith said:
Here's a couple videos that made me laugh out loud

And Sandvich Makes it All complete!

Real Bronies of Genious

Real bronies of genius is awesome.

CassSept said:
Come on, she was the only one with any trace of logic in the episode with Parasprites!

I still want to know how the hell she knew what was going on when Twilight and Zecora were stumped.

Nishastra

Banned
CassSept said:
Ugh, a question to all the bronies here. So, these avatars that are still in Foxix's post are free to grab, right?
Yyyyep. That's why they're there. Just mention what you take if you take one so Foxix can edit it out :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Amibguous Cad said:
I still want to know how the hell she knew what was going on when Twilight and Zecora were stumped.
previous experience i imagine. both twilight and Zecora are relatively new to the area.

Nishastra

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Speaking of avatars, I think Ambiguous Cad has the best one. AJ isn't my favourite pony but that avatar is just great.
Yeah, I really love that avatar.

This one of mine is one of my other favorites :p

Kimosabae

Banned
I consider myself to be open-minded... but I am so legitimately frightened by the existence of this thread.

This post is the first step in overcoming that fear...

I hope I know what I'm getting into. When I have time, I'll watch an episode tonight.

Someone give a suggestion

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Amibguous Cad said:
Someone did the equivalent of an MLP:FiM abridged series video. Not as good as the best of the abridged serie stuff, but pretty good (Pinkie Pie had me in stitches). Check it out here:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/video-april-fools-pony-parody.html#comments
Say what you will about Sonic fandom, but by making this they just became 20% cooler.
Kimosabae said:
I consider myself to be open-minded... but I am so legitimately frightened by the existence of this thread.

I hope I know what I'm getting into. When I have time, I'll watch an episode tonight.

This is a delicate situation. The first step is always the hardest.

You can watch the first two episodes to get acquainted to the characters. If you don't get hooked by then (those episodes are definitely not the best of the lot, and they don't represent the general tone of the series), watch "Swarm of the Century" or "Bridle Gossip" next. This is my personal advice.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kimosabae said:

Sonic Rainboom

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kimosabae said:

The Ticket Master. It's Episode 3. All of the main characters get some time in the spotlight and you'll definitely get a feel for all of their personalities.

Dragonshy is another good one. That's Episode 7, and is one of my favorite episodes.

G-Fex

Kintaro said:
Uh.. hmm...

Rarity
Twilight
Applejack
Fluttershy
Rainbow
Pinkie Pie

In general. Each has their moments. Twilight going nuts at Pinkie's shakes was funny.

You dun goofed.

Watched Feeling Pinkie Keen today. Didn't really like it. But I liked Pinkies part. and the best part of the whole episode? DERPY!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
That is a cute pony. Thank you very much, crazy monkey. However, you might want to be aware that in this thread, we discuss a cartoon TV show, and usually such discussions don't extend to the subject of actual, real life ponies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
G-Fex said:
You dun goofed.

Watched Feeling Pinkie Keen today. Didn't really like it. But I liked Pinkies part. and the best part of the whole episode? DERPY!

I like her in general, but she hasn't been given too much in the way of the spotlight sans random moments. I did laugh my ass off with Pinkie being the Piper in Parasprite episode. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom