• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the funny things about Back to the Future is that Huey Lewis plays one of the judges for the band at the dance. Michael J. Fox plays his song back to him and gets rejected.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Dr. Pangloss said:
One of the funny things about Back to the Future is that Huey Lewis plays one of the judges for the band at the dance. Michael J. Fox plays his song back to him and gets rejected.
Really? It's been a while since I've seen BTTF. You've just given me a reason to watch one of my favorite movies of all time again. As if I needed one :D

Dai101

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
Really? It's been a while since I've seen BTTF. You've just given me a reason to watch one of my favorite movies of all time again. As if I needed one :D

Ayup....

h3eMF.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
I was going to type out a big message here, but then deleted it.

I'd just like to thank everyone involved in this show and PonyGAF for making it what it is, and being who they are.

You've made my life better.

*hug*?
Not snarky or trolly. It did mine too.

Kalnos

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
The fuck is your problem?

Sorry, the idea that watching MLP:FiM can in and of itself reverse one's suicidal thoughts and single-handedly pull someone out of their depression is ridiculous, and quite humorous.

That was all.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
I was going to type out a big message here, but then deleted it.

I'd just like to thank everyone involved in this show and PonyGAF for making it what it is, and being who they are.

You've made my life better.

It's incredibly heart-warming and innocently hilarious. It fills a vacuum in my cynical heart.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Kalnos said:
Sorry, the idea that watching MLP:FiM can in and of itself reverse one's suicidal thoughts and single-handedly pull someone out of their depression is ridiculous, and quite humorous.

That was all.
Not really the show itself. While fun and innocent, it's the community that for some reason has popped up around it. I really wish there was a Johnny Bravo one.

Anyways....

About that dogpile of internet hugs for CHEEZMO™

DrForester said:
Watched the last episode again.

I just got "The Mare"

And another Time Lord sighting. I declare her to be Susan.

2i108aw.png

Huh? Pretty sure people were already calling her Romana?

Speaking of Doctor Whoof though, found this the other day, it's well done, and well... appropriately creepy and nightmare inducing. Doctor Who fans should know what I mean.

Weeping Pegasus

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Choppasmith said:
Huh? Pretty sure people were already calling her Romana?

Speaking of Doctor Whoof though, found this the other day, it's well done, and well... appropriately creepy and nightmare inducing. Doctor Who fans should know what I mean.

Weeping Pegasus

I instinctively tried not to blink.

Kalnos said:
That was all.

boothisman.gif

After a long day of work on papers, a thesis, and prep for competitions and interview, this thread is great.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
CHEEZMO™ said:
Seriously.

It stopped me feeling suicidal and is pulling me out of my depression.

I'm eternally grateful.

Seriously dude? If so that's pretty heavy. I hope you have people to talk to if you start feeling depressed again. Pony-GAF won't be here forever.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Uchip said:
ok so the thread has officially reached lesbian pony fanart?

Rarity: "That's not lesbian pony fanart, that's awkward, creepy implications fanart. Do you want to see lesbian pony fanart?"

* 387 posts and a troll shitstorm later *

Rarity: "But I thought you wanted lesbian pony fanaaaaaaaaaart!"

FoxSpirit

CcrooK said:
I still hold this AMV as my favorite of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw8pcxE6U9k

Still haven't really seen anything that tops that.

You haven't sena lot then ;-)

One of the best AMVs period. Kevin Caldwell's last, back from 2000.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoGxW3CrJSU

Awesome sync of theme of anime, song and a master of video editing. Fuckin genius, I tell ya.

Btw, that channel where that video is is a goldmine.

Too bad it's missing this:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=2659

G-Fex

Well I just got an idea just as I heard a certain song. Can't wait to get home and make it. It'll be about a fairly known yet unknown pony

Ikael

That was all.

To see the living proof that humans can find strenght into virtually anything is nothing to scoff at, me thinks. Go Cheezmo, go!

bounchfx

So.. I watched both Pilot episodes last night...

They were definitely good, pony subject matter and all. The animation and writing was solid and kept me interested, and I liked the characters.

Question though - does the writing stay as strong? Also, is there an over arching story or are they all one offs?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
bounchfx said:
So.. I watched both Pilot episodes last night...

They were definitely good, pony subject matter and all. The animation and writing was solid and kept me interested, and I liked the characters.

Question though - does the writing stay as strong? Also, is there an over arching story or are they all one offs?
From then on, they're all one-offs, varying from fantasy adventure to slice-of-life, but always with great humor, solid characterization and solid animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom