• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Pink said:
My new computer needs to go into tech support to figure out which part has malfunctioned, and I've just realized that one of the few personalizations I did during the two initial days it was working was set a Rainbow Dash wallpaper.

I'm not sure whether I want to be there to receive weird looks while they fix it, or just get them when I pick the PC up later.
Come on, man, if you like the show, you like the show. How old are you? You've got to learn to be proud of who you are and what you like. Being worried about how others feel about your interests is something you should leave to little kids. Sucks about your comp though. I've had a new comp crap out on me before. It's so annoying.

bananas said:
Pony-GAF will never be gone. Not as long as those who remain are loyal to it.
Pony-GAF will only last as long as the show is airing. People will change their avatars after awhile, and there won't be anything to talk about.

bananas

Banned
Master Milk said:
Pony-GAF will only last as long as the show is airing. People will change their avatars after awhile, and there won't be anything to talk about.

Having a Pony avatar isn't a requirement to be a member of Pony-GAF. It just helps show solidarity against the Anti-Pony GAF members that hate our way of life.

daffy

Banned
Master Milk said:
Yeah, but our love for the show will always be there. When we or newcomers see old video clips, or decide to watch the episodes on DVD again and form new discussions. Isn't that what Pony-GAF is, the love shared between members in text-form? Pony-GAF is not our avatars, it's the love we share for this tv show.

Friendship is Magic bro, get your bottles of milk out and let's make a toast.

Nishastra

Banned
For the sake of posterity, here's the animated pony ones I was using:

oSzCL.gif
Ktgqq.gif
VfVRM.gif
BricX.gif
ibHbW.gif

Super Speed Strut took more time to make than all the others combined :p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
bananas said:
Having a Pony avatar isn't a requirement to be a member of Pony-GAF. It just helps show solidarity against the Anti-Pony GAF members that hate our way of life.

And it's always fun watching episodes to spot where the avatars are.

Most of the time I actually enjoy the animation in the avatar over the actual audio/context of the episode, ironically enough.

bananas said:
I'm aware, as I don't have a pony avatar. I would think the only requirement is actually liking the show, but if you want to demonstrate that on a forum, the only things I can think of are having an avatar and talking about the show. Once the show ends, people will move onto other avaters and topics until S2 rolls around.

Nishastra

Banned
FTH said:
Yeah, but our love for the show will always be there. When we or newcomers see old video clips, or decide to watch the episodes on DVD again and form new discussions. Isn't that what Pony-GAF is, the love shared between members in text-form? Pony-GAF is not our avatars, it's the love we share for this tv show.
lPPrh.jpg

I like this picture :p

God, now I have to work on making myself a Rarity avatar with transparency, don't I? :p

Oh well, it can wait until tomorrow.

Pandaman said:
band together brethren.

aNSOS.png

hdSms.png
I guess I'll take the Fluttershy one here. Thanks for the one day run with the animated one you made for me Foxix.

Fucking Evilore is such a communist fascist jewish tyrant.

evil-bore said:
No post-history any more guys, it hinders the discussion.

No more smilies guys, they hinder discussion.

No more animated images guys, they hinder discussion.

*six months from now*

No more editing posts guys, it hinders discussion

No more images either.

also fun is no longer allowed

kamspy

Blue_Gecko said:
I guess I'll take the Fluttershy one here. Thanks for the one day run with the animated one you made for me Foxix.

Fucking Evilore is such a communist facist jewish tyrant.

That's pretty stern.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Blue_Gecko said:

Calm down. If you read through the thread Lore mentions how post history and old search will be coming back as well as some other nice updates.

I don't think this thread was the reason for the changes either. There's been a lot of imgur and photobucket errors showing up recently, and that was the likely reason for it.

All in all it sounds like a good trade off.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimoo said:
PdX2H2.png

I could use this one, but so much less colorful, lol.

I agree. I loved the "NO EXCUSES" part, primarily because of the seemingly out-of-place background meshed with the fact that she was suggesting shoving a pill down the throat of a dying bird.

bananas

Banned
EviLore said:

Dear Prince EviLore,

Today I learned that sometimes change is necessary, even if you don't always agree with it. And throwing immature temper tantrums accomplishes nothing.

Also, I learned that if you're going to insult somebody, make sure you spell it correctly. Or else you'll look like an idiot.

DrForester said:
Calm down. If you read through the thread Lore mentions how post history and old search will be coming back as well as some other nice updates.

I don't think this thread was the reason for the changes either. There's been a lot of imgur and photobucket errors showing up recently, and that was the likely reason for it.

All in all it sounds like a good trade off.
What part of fascist communist jewish tyrant don't you understand!?

Yes, it's a good trade off, but evil-bore is still a stiff.

Also all three of those adjectives contradict each other. I guess you guys missed that and/or thought I myself didn't know that...oops?

The Hermit

With rulers like Evilore this is starting to look like equestria alright...

Anyway, last episode really showed Celestia's true face...I though you guys were just making fun when calling her a troll before.

G-Pink

Master Milk said:
Come on, man, if you like the show, you like the show. How old are you? You've got to learn to be proud of who you are and what you like. Being worried about how others feel about your interests is something you should leave to little kids. Sucks about your comp though. I've had a new comp crap out on me before. It's so annoying.

Hah, guess it didn't come across, but I'm not actually worried about it. I've gotten plenty of strange looks over my life for things I enjoy, far be it from me to care about this. :p

Subitai

bananas said:
Dear Prince EviLore,

Today I learned that sometimes change is necessary, even if you don't always agree with it. And throwing immature temper tantrums accomplishes nothing.

Also, I learned that if you're going to insult somebody, make sure you spell it correctly. Or else you'll look like an idiot.
Too bad non-pony gaf won't appreciate the humor in this post.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Blue_Gecko said:
What part of fascist communist jewish tyrant don't you understand!?

Yes, it's a good trade off, but evil-bore is still a stiff.

Also all three of those adjectives contradict each other. I guess you guys missed that and/or thought I myself didn't know that...oops?

tumblr_lhlkhtpi2z1qaha6c.png

what is the opposite of jewish in that sentence? lol.
There isn't, but the entire line is a parody because it's impossible to be all three at once, given that fascism and communism aren't identical ideologies and generally communism would be at odds with the Jewish community for obvious reasons...point being that I wouldn't use such farcical language if I wanted to seriously insult someone. But I may have overplayed my hand.

DrForester said:
facehoof image
Pandaman said:
locked-cage-fluttershy img
bananas said:
Dear Prince EviLore,

97%20-%20animated%20Applebloom%20Apple_Bloom%20balloon%20balloon_inflation%20cap%20cartoon%20female%20Friendship_Is_Magic%20gif%20inflation%20My_Little_Pony%20pony%20popping.gif

Neki

what is the obvious reason that jewish people would be at odds at communism? you're making no sense here. :O maybe if you called him a jewish nazi...?

Ultimoo said:
what is the obvious reason that jewish people would be at odds at communism? you're making no sense here. :O maybe if you called him a jewish nazi...?
Nice try, but I'm familiar with Goodwin's Law as much as I am about what is and what isn't crossing the line.

Let's re-rail this ponytrain:

Look at how much worse the original MLP was compared to the greatness of the modern version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom