• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

Ultimoo said:
You guys are really running with the transparency. :p
I think it works out quite nicely :D

Oh, and my previous avatar is now up for grabs!
ikonGg.png

Neki

meltingparappa said:
Join the transparency party, frrrrrriiiiieennnd....

twilight-test-1.png

(subtle, but that image is actually transparent, unless I messed something up)
Well my main attraction to transparency is the lack of borders which if done, would ruin the background I think.

Ultimoo said:
Well my main attraction to transparency is the lack of borders which if done, would ruin the background I think.
You do realize the one he posted (which you quoted) is actually transparent, right? It doesn't ruin the effect either.

FoxSpirit

Firehead said:
I think it works out quite nicely :D

Oh, and my previous avatar is now up for grabs!
ikonGg.png

This gave me an idea: shrink a bit, then make a chat using transparent Pony emotes. Awesome!! :)

Also, why the sudden influx of transparency? I looks very cool, but has this anything to do with the avatar switch?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll stay with this one for a while, but I'm not absolutely sure yet :/

Nishastra

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Also, why the sudden influx of transparency? I looks very cool, but has this anything to do with the avatar switch?
Animation and transparency don't tend to mesh very well (when the animations are coming from videos, at least), so with the new rules against animated avatars, people are going in the opposite direction :p

Or: since we can't have animated avatars any more, we might as well have the nicest possible non-animated ones.

Nishastra

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
I'm not sure if this one works better with the background or not. Could someone make a transparent version for comparison?
That's one of mine, but I don't remember which episode it's from... If I'm going to do a transparent version, I'd like to start with a cleaner image.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
nice as the animated ones were, only one I'll really miss is lasso AJ. Rest can work just fine without animation.
Yeah, that one was really mesmerizing. @_@

I'm not getting one with transparency yet, but my current one is not definitive either. I just have to wait for the right one...

Firehead

Nishastra said:
Or: since we can't have animated avatars any more, we might as well have the nicest possible non-animated ones.
Yeah, this. For me, at least. :p
No one commented on my new avatar I created ._.

Nishastra

Banned
Nishastra said:
That's one of mine, but I don't remember which episode it's from... If I'm going to do a transparent version, I'd like to start with a cleaner image.
I found the original frame (from Dragonshy), and made a cleaner transparent 100x120 version.

mb7Fe.png

Firehead said:
No one commented on my new avatar I created ._.
It looks kind of painful. A flaming, red-faced Twilight forever plummeting towards the next post :p

I can help anyone out if they can find a slightly higher res copy of their avatar. Getting clean lines on something that is already 100x120 will make it look not so hot, like the one I posted earlier.

Also I am in AWE that Nishastra was able to find the exact frame of Rainbow Dash in the episodes.

Nishastra

Banned
656Yt.png

Here's mine :p

Dai101 said:
Nice. Can i join in the transparency ghetto? Someone can help me with that...

Pleeeaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee??
Do you want the same one, or just some AJ, or what? :p

I didn't organize my non-animated avatars at all, so I don't know which episode that one was from either.

Dai101

Banned
meltingparappa said:
T-T-T-TRIPLE POST (apologies)

Dai, yours is too blurry at its current resolution to look REMOTELY good if I try to crop it out. Sorrrrry :\

No prob man, i apreciate the intention ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom