• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

From
muY7n.gif
to
8jhxS.png

10 more glorious pixels baby! Now you can even see the cutie mark! WOoo!

I have overcome.

Foxix Von

meltingparappa said:
T-T-T-TRIPLE POST (apologies)

Dai, yours is too blurry at its current resolution to look REMOTELY good if I try to crop it out. Sorrrrry :\

Yeah before doing mine I tried doing his and... I failed miserably and gave up lol.

Also I feel like I'm watching evolution happen as we all scatter to convert to new avatars lol. It's beautiful!

Nishastra! You are my very best friend!

From this:
2afgzyq.jpg

To this:
zEmAb.png

I had a real busy day so I've had trouble following this thread. It's been moving pretty quick lately with the death of animated avatars. I must say that a all of these new avatars are excellent. Transparency really is the new animated.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
What time and episode is your avatar from?
I could give it a go from a HD video.
It's from somewhere between episode 1 and 11, because that's all that I went through for avatars.

I'm looking for it, but haven't found it yet :p

Menmanelf said:
Finally got around to finishing first pony drawing, snout's off, legs are wrong, hair hasn't enough lines and the lines are too wobbly. Hopefully I'll improve with practice. This sort of thing is about as far as I'll go though I think, drawing anything more than funny/cute pictures gets a bit too weird for me. Anyway enjoy, (or not, as the case probably is).

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/Menelven/MLP stuff/twilightcleanfinished.png
For a first try, that's great! The one thing that bugs me is the neck. It's too curvy. Their necks are almost straight in that kind of pose, with just some roundness to the body. That's also what makes the right foreleg look off, I think.

Confused101 said:
Nishastra! You are my very best friend!
Happy to be of help :p

Neki

watched the last episode, and Celestia is such a troll, jeez, LOL.

also, love Twilight in that episode. she's so awesome and irrational.

Menmanelf said:
Finally got around to finishing first pony drawing, snout's off, legs are wrong, hair hasn't enough lines and the lines are too wobbly. Hopefully I'll improve with practice. This sort of thing is about as far as I'll go though I think, drawing anything more than funny/cute pictures gets a bit too weird for me. Anyway enjoy, (or not, as the case probably is).

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p220/Menelven/MLP stuff/twilightcleanfinished.png
I think you should sketch the base using references from canon images for proportion, using the traditional cartoon style of drawing with just basic shapes like rectangles and circles. It'll really help with getting the scale and proportion nice, and then once you've got a base shape you should use the tablet for shading. Using a tablet to draw outlines is the most frustrating thing in the world, there's no friction to keep the lines clean :mad: I stay away from them generally.

And, as we're posting Twilights:

http://i51.tinypic.com/140k7cy.jpg

Haven't had much time to work on it and the ears suck, but I've received some good critique so I'm gonna find some better orthographics and work on proportion. Textures will be replaced with high res vector diffuse, reflection, spec and normal maps for the eye so animation will nicer. Hair is just a card placeholder. It's actually really fun to work with.

Ultimoo said:
watched the last episode, and Celestia is such a troll, jeez, LOL.

also, love Twilight in that episode. she's so awesome and irrational.
"Tough love baby!!"

I love episodes that focus on just one or two of the cast. Twilight and Fluttershy were great in that episode. And when Twilight pushed the guards out of Fluttershy's house - LOL

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
tiff said:
I don't know why but transparency goes really well with MLP avatars.

Everything goes really well with MLP avatars!

I hear that some pizzerias will start using them as toppings soon.

Nishastra

Banned
5wNUy.png

I've given up on trying to find the source frames for any more of my old avatars. I'll just start making new ones. Like this! :p

tiff said:
I don't know why but transparency goes really well with MLP avatars.
It's all the solid, bright colors. It's easy to make really well-defined edges that look right.

Dai101

Banned
Nishastra said:
5wNUy.png

I've given up on trying to find the source frames for any more of my old avatars. I'll just start making new ones. Like this! :p

Awesome. Well, i'll use this AJ until then. Thanks bronies, you dah best

Nishastra

Banned
N7105.png

Finally done. Spike's a pain in the ass because of all his little... spikes, as well as the fact that he tends to fit entirely into the frame :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Menmanelf said:

Keep at it, you'll improve at no time. (and I'm saying this even though I could never get used to draw on a tablet; I only use it for coloring. But that's more related to my peculiar way of holding a pen.)

My current project: adapting the songs to be playable in Ultrastar. Anypony interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom