• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Chuck

Still without luck
Amibguous Cad said:
So apparently we have Lady GaGa's support

RtE1U.jpg
The color (bad lighting and all) looks to be in between Pinkie and Raritiy's mane.
250px-PinkiePieHiRes.png
20110413021811%21Rarity.jpg

Since Rarity is white though, gotta be Pinkie.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Went to a pizza place last Friday and there was a Rarity figure adhered to the cash register.
Wanted to take a pic with my cell phone but then I would be outed...

ChuckNoLuck said:
The color (bad lighting and all) looks to be in between Pinkie and Raritiy's mane.
Since Rarity is white though, gotta be Pinkie.

Must've gotten wind of all those Pony Gaga images and parodies.

Foxix Von

Killdozer said:
Went to a pizza place last Friday and there was a Rarity figure adhered to the cash register.
Wanted to take a pic with my cell phone but then I would be outed...

:O Was it a local place or a chain restaurant like a dominos or something?

Swarm of the Century!!!

'Twas awesome. I love how Twlight loses it and goes crazy near the end. Also the 10 seconds of awkward staring when Celestia see's pinky pie's one pony band parade. The reconciliation afterward was very cute too: "Thanks guys, you're all great friends too, even when I don't understand me."

"Good job Pinkie Pie. You've saved Ponyville...*sees wrecked town* or not..."
I laughed so hard at the end of the episode when she does the ironic trombone.

Gawd Pinkie Pie is the greatest. If I could find a really good static image of Pinkie I would have her as my avatar because she is my favorite pony.

Maybe an avatar version of this would be good:

00124632.0001.jpg

What does everypony think?

Anyway, great episode, loved it, top tier, pip pip, jolly good etc.

CassSept

Evil Enchantress is probably the best (or at the very least the funniest) song in the series.
I usually hate songs in any cartoons (well, obviously sans Disney classics, I do have a soul) and MLP was no different. At first I didn't like Winter Wrap Up at all. Yet somehow I wound up with it on my phone, along with Art of the Dress. They are really REALLY catchy. I don't get how anyone could dislike them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The_Technomancer said:
Alright, I actually sat down and finally watched an episode of the damn show and...hm...its not for me.
The writing quality just doesn't do it for me. Its hard for me to listen to, I don't like how its handled.

But the animation, man, the animation is almost worth it. Flash style or not, this is animation with some actual expression, and thats so incredibly refreshing.
Uchip said:
or people that love clever animation ie. me
Wakfu is pretty nice. Enjoyable series.
Colorful world with interesting animation + french. Oh my.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2JrWJfdoqk

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
CassSept said:
Evil Enchantress is probably the best (or at the very least the funniest) song in the series.
I usually hate songs in any cartoons (well, obviously sans Disney classics, I do have a soul) and MLP was no different. At first I didn't like Winter Wrap Up at all. Yet somehow I wound up with it on my phone, along with Art of the Dress. They are really REALLY catchy. I don't get how anyone could dislike them.
Yeah. Those two, incredibly, are nearly Disney feature quality. I can only hope to have more like those in the show, such as the one hinted by the composer for one of the final episodes of the season (probably the finale).

I just experienced my pony reference of the day.

I just got done helping one of our academic deans who was showing a new hire how to use our student records system. When I showed up at her door she spouted out, "Look who's here! The great and powerful Jesse!" I laughed heartily and asked if she watched the show. She said it just like Trixie so I thought it was a sure thing! Then I had to explain the reference as she only watched the older shows when she was a kid.

Ah well.

Nishastra

Banned
That's an old G3 Rarity. Keep in mind that all the characters have either been through many incarnations or are based on other old ones :p

There was a chart posted at some point showing the "evolution" of the various ponies.

Found it.

shaowebb

Anyone else feel that that Friendship is Magic toys in the store that use the old style hair look stupid? The Mcdonalds toys looked more accurate because the hair styles were molded plastic like the rest of them, but the ones in the store here in America all have the classic comeable hair (unlike the toys in Canada). They should just scrap the whole idea of "combable" ponies, cast the hair for accuracy out of plastic, and then go nuts on accessories like Zhu Zhu pets to pull profit.

Besides every MLP ever made is trash within a month in a kids room due to the tangling. At least this way they can make more than several toys for this series by switching out to the accessory based business model that Zhu Zhu pets employ. If it works for cat toys sold to little kids it'll work for this.

Koomaster

shaowebb said:
Anyone else feel that that Friendship is Magic toys in the store that use the old style hair look stupid? The Mcdonalds toys looked more accurate because the hair styles were molded plastic like the rest of them, but the ones in the store here in America all have the classic comeable hair (unlike the toys in Canada). They should just scrap the whole idea of "combable" ponies, cast the hair for accuracy out of plastic, and then go nuts on accessories like Zhu Zhu pets to pull profit.

Besides every MLP ever made is trash within a month in a kids room due to the tangling. At least this way they can make more than several toys for this series by switching out to the accessory based business model that Zhu Zhu pets employ. If it works for cat toys sold to little kids it'll work for this.
No way! Brushable hair is a big part of my little pony toys. That'd be like Barbie having molded on non-brushable hair.

They should go back to the old model of making ponies with different features. Like so soft ponies with the flocking, or ponies with scents. They could sell regular Apple Jack, So Soft Apple Jack, and Apple Jack that smells like apples.

Also as long as you aren't abusing the ponies it's not hard to keep their hair untangled.

Nishastra

Banned
shaowebb said:
Anyone else feel that that Friendship is Magic toys in the store that use the old style hair look stupid?
Out of the box they look wrong, but it's not impossible to style their hair correctly. I've seen several pictures of really good-looking ones, but I don't have any to hand...

Foxix Von

Koomaster said:
No way! Brushable hair is a big part of my little pony toys. That'd be like Barbie having molded on non-brushable hair.

They should go back to the old model of making ponies with different features. Like so soft ponies with the flocking, or ponies with scents. They could sell regular Apple Jack, So Soft Apple Jack, and Apple Jack that smells like apples.

Also as long as you aren't abusing the ponies it's not hard to keep their hair untangled.

I still think they should have some more on model FiM toys though in addition to their current offerings. The brushable hair has always been a selling point for the old toys and I seriously doubt they'd ever change that across the brand. However I don't think it's a feature that much of their adult FiM fanbase particularly cares for.

Also, where the hell is my Vinyl Scratch bobble head? :mad:

The FiM toys are pretty solid chunks of plastic and can't take advantage of interchangeable parts like the other pony molds, so I'd imagine the margins on them are lower.

You would hope they'd make much more of them if the show exceeds their expectations, but considering how nigh-impossible it is to find those sets on shelves, you'd wonder how they would even know.

Nishastra

Banned
Foxix said:
I still think they should have some more on model FiM toys though in addition to their current offerings.
I'd love to be able to get a Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy that match my Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack.

Unfortunately, I understand that the ones you can get in Canada are about half the size of the ones I have. And even then, the only Fluttershy is a recolored Rainbow Dash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom