• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
shirtfront.png

shirtback.png

don't be mean :(

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Amibguous Cad said:
I love the shirt! Where'd you get it?
My design and a friend with a friend who happens to have a print shop ^^

Also thanks for making me LOL at the reactions :D

shaowebb

I need to make me a Rainbow dash hoodie with sewn on patches to simulate her mane...and then send pics of me in it to folks who send me hate mail after losing at MVC3 online ( such a salty bunch online).

Foxix Von

shaowebb said:
I need to make me a Rainbow dash hoodie with sewn on patches to simulate her mane...and then send pics of me in it to folks who send me hate mail after losing at MVC3 online ( such a salty bunch online).
wwm0nkey said:
Here are those hoodie mock ups.

Option 1:
2zgf4n5.jpg

Option 2:
2zecytv.jpg

She will start making them next month and shipping them in June.

I literally cannot wait. I'm holding out for the Luna hoodie myself.

coldvein

Banned
so as far as praise for this show goes, i've heard "it's well written". "it's enjoyable". "it's nice". "it's not cynical". "it's not mean spirited". really, fellows? hahaha. you have pretty low standards for what makes good tv....

coldvein said:
so as far as praise for this show goes, i've heard "it's well written". "it's enjoyable". "it's nice". "it's not cynical". "it's not mean spirited". really, fellows? hahaha. you have pretty low standards for what makes good tv....

You forgot "animated beautifully", "likable characters" and "has catchy songs". Low standards? I say thee neigh!

KtSlime

coldvein said:

What do you need for quality entertainment, and before you answer, might I remind you I minored in classic literature, and they were nothing but dick and fart jokes.

KtSlime

coldvein said:
hahaha. yes! this is what i'm talking about. likeable characters. great! quite the glowing review.

Dude, answer my question, what do *you* personally need for it to be quality entertainment?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ivedoneyourmom said:
Dude, answer my question, what do *you* personally need for it to be quality entertainment?
Sex jokes and popculture references? :>

So when the hell does the Hub ever play this? I feel like watching it just so I can understand the hype (only ever saw one episode and thought it was mediocre) but the only time I can find it on is 6:30 am on Saturday.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
icarus-daedelus said:
So when the hell does the Hub ever play this? I feel like watching it just so I can understand the hype (only ever saw one episode and thought it was mediocre) but the only time I can find it on is 6:30 am on Saturday.
It's on Youtube, just search for the show name. Watch "Swarm of the Century".

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Bufbaf said:

FiM has a few popculture jokes. Hell, one episode is almost a complete homage to a famous Star Trek episode. =P

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ZealousD said:
FiM has a few popculture jokes. Hell, one episode is almost a complete homage to a famous Star Trek episode. =P
You're right, I should have said "20 forced popculture jokes per episode
performed by Peter Griffin
" ;(

no offense ^^

KtSlime

Bufbaf said:

Yeah, that's what I figured, however I wanted coldvein to qualify it. It's always interesting to hear people attempt to articulate their affinity to their culture's doxa.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I am slightly disappointed that they used the Yakety Sax gag a second time.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Foxix said:
Hah, I literally JUST watched sonic rainboom.
Best episode EVER! (Not really, but it's up there with the best of them)

So many great moments:
- Fluttershy's cheering
- Rainbow Dash's panic attack
- Rarity's enthusiasm
- Pinkie's rainbow tasting

Ramma2

Myke Greywolf said:
Best episode EVER! (Not really, but it's up there with the best of them)

So many great moments:
- Fluttershy's cheering
- Rainbow Dash's panic attack
- Rarity's enthusiasm
- Pinkie's rainbow tasting

omigoshomigoshomigoshomigoshomigosh

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I use the "Fluttershy cheer" Youtube clip at work everytime something is yay-worthy, and only by doing that I made two guys and one girl watch MLP semi-regularly :)

G-Fex

Bufbaf said:
I use the "Fluttershy cheer" Youtube clip at work everytime something is yay-worthy, and only by doing that I made two guys and one girl watch MLP semi-regularly :)

"Yay Rainbow Dash you rock, woohoo"

Neki

coldvein said:
hahaha. yes! this is what i'm talking about. likeable characters. great! quite the glowing review.
yah, not enough powering up/teenage angst/explosions for me in this show, gotta agree.

coldvein

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:

as a matter of decency, i will answer your question. obviously the term "quality entertainment" is subjective. you find my little pony to be quality entertainment, that's fine. you like what you like, i like what i like. as far as television goes, i find most of it to be pretty vapid and lame. when there's a tv show that i like, i like it for the following reasons... a, it's funny. not chuckle funny, but i'm pissing in my pants funny. b, it has a story that is interesting. not just interesting, but imposing and demanding, something that makes my brain move. it doesn't feel like a chore, it's just magnetic. it's exceptional. it's not "just nice", it's amazing. i don't like spongebob, i don't like most cartoons. time is running very quickly, and if i'm going to spend any of it in front of a television set it had better be really, really good. we like different things, we have different perspectives, and that's alright.

i see a future where you ponyboys are grown up grandparents talking to your grandkids and they say "grampaw, what did you like when you were young?" and your answer is "boy, when i was your age i watched my little pony. constantly. i had the dolls, too." kid "........"

now that sounds like quality entertainment.

Neki

coldvein said:
as a matter of decency, i will answer your question. obviously the term "quality entertainment" is subjective. you find my little pony to be quality entertainment, that's fine. you like what you like, i like what i like. as far as television goes, i find most of it to be pretty vapid and lame. when there's a tv show that i like, i like it for the following reasons... a, it's funny. not chuckle funny, but i'm pissing in my pants funny. b, it has a story that is interesting. not just interesting, but imposing and demanding, something that makes my brain move. it doesn't feel like a chore, it's just magnetic. it's exceptional. it's not "just nice", it's amazing. i don't like spongebob, i don't like most cartoons. time is running very quickly, and if i'm going to spend any of it in front of a television set it had better be really, really good. we like different things, we have different perspectives, and that's alright.

i see a future where you ponyboys are grown up grandparents talking to your grandkids and they say "grampaw, what did you like when you were young?" and your answer is "boy, when i was your age i watched my little pony. constantly. i had the dolls, too." kid "........"

what is up with your condescending attitude? You can criticize someone without patronizing them, good god. people like things that you don't like, oh no, woe is me.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
coldvein said:

I really hope you're pissing your pants and moving your brain right now, I'd hate to think that this exchange is not up to your obviously high standards. I also hope you're able to proceed to experience another amazingly powerful piece of sophisticated entertainment as soon as you finish toying with those who are still able to feel joy in the simple pleasures of life, the pitiful simpletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom