• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darte

Some dawwws and lols

First ones a bit large so link form:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gWjAR7JIq...0/the_art_of_the_dress_by_simbaro-d3dqi7d.jpg

MadMax_ScootaBelle_Colored.png

Caluriri_Dash_and_Speedy_colored.png

130265294988.png

Yo+dawg%252C+we+heard+you+like+lyra%252C+so+we+put+a+Lyra+in+yo+lyra+so+you+can+daaaw+while+you+daawww.jpg

883dcbebd22da9d95ec3f64fea2828c2.png

sweetie_belle__s_lullaby_by_rubrony-d3dv7fw.png

pinkie_and_the_twilight_by_bb_kenobi-d3du7o5.jpg

Zomba13

Firehead said:
In celebration of the 70th page, I got new avatars! Team Fortress 2-style!

imQ604.png
ikAgP0.png
imMhDY.png

imMf5Q.png
imQvLQ.png
imQxTY.png

imLZh2.png
imLWZu.png
ik5wJE.png

Edit:
Damned OCD. Kept having to redo Spike.
:O
Those are awesome.
I think I now believe the Pyro is Pinkie under the suit. Not man or woman, but pony.

Koomaster

tiff said:
Over 50? Really? Good lord.
Counting it out, it's actually at 70 exactly. Wasn't hard, I went through any anti-pony thread and just started adding people till all that I could see in those threads were pony supporters. Everything is a lot more pleasant when I don't even have to acknowledge the existence of people who would equate ponies with something wrong or dirty.

Koomaster said:
Counting it out, it's actually at 70 exactly. Wasn't hard, I went through any anti-pony thread and just started adding people till all that I could see in those threads were pony supporters. Everything is a lot more pleasant when I don't even have to acknowledge the existence of people who would equate ponies with something wrong or dirty.

What about pony neutrals?

Nishastra

Banned
Hexadecimalt said:
You're just a tad too late to the bit on that one. Ambiguous Cad already claimed RD Scout.
You're just a tad too late to the bit on that one. I already pointed it out.
Nishastra said:
Ambiguous Cad already took that one :p
I don't know why I did this :p

Koomaster said:
There is no neutral when it comes to ponies! ^_____^

I think the show is fine but I also think it is written for a different age group and different gender than most of the people posting here...which kinda weirds me out...

I know, says the man with the Pikachu avatar

So I'd say I'm neutral on the show.

Koomaster

Skiptastic said:
I think the show is fine but I also think it is written for a different age group and different gender than most of the people posting here...which kinda weirds me out...

I know, says the man with the Pikachu avatar

So I'd say I'm neutral on the show.
That's not really neutral, that's you looking down on people who watch the show, saying it weirds you out.

There is no neutral when it comes to ponies. ¬___¬

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Koomaster said:

You're no better than the anti-ponies.

Koomaster

ZealousD said:
You're no better than the anti-ponies.
I don't really see why I should bother reading the opinions of people who want to call me a pedophile for watching this show. That's just ignorant thinking on their part; being judgmental without any thought at all. Those who said negative comments like that and those that joined the bandwagon are easy for me to write-off.

FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC EVERYPONY!

Never forget!

zat.jpg

There should totally be a zombie-pony apocalypse episode. Maybe something to do with hypnotizing? The Return of Nightmare Moon: Trixie's Revenge?

Koomaster said:
That's not really neutral, that's you looking down on people who watch the show, saying it weirds you out.

No, it is neutral. I'm not telling you not to get enthused, I'm just a bit befuddled by it. You don't have to look down on someone to be weirded out or not understand them.

Koomaster said:
I don't really see why I should bother reading the opinions of people who want to call me a pedophile for watching this show.

o_0 And I certainly wouldn't say things like that!

Foxix Von

Skiptastic said:
No, it is neutral. I'm not telling you not to get enthused, I'm just a bit befuddled by it. You don't have to look down on someone to be weirded out or not understand them.

o_0 And I certainly wouldn't say things like that!

I believe the correct term for your stance is "denial phase." Some potential FiM fans stay that way forever, it's ok!

Foxix said:
I believe the correct term for your stance is "denial phase." Some potential FiM fans stay that way forever, it's ok!

Well, I've only seen five episodes, so who knows. It only took one episode of actually seeing Pokemon before I did a 180 on that show (disliking it before ever seeing it). I think MLP is fine and actually would encourage my niece to watch it if she were a few years older. Except I don't get cable so I'd have to beam "The Hub" into her via internet magic...

Zomba13

Hexadecimalt said:
FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC EVERYPONY!

Never forget!

zat.jpg

There should totally be a zombie-pony apocalypse episode. Maybe something to do with hypnotizing? The Return of Nightmare Moon: Trixie's Revenge?
A zombie episode would be awesome.

Dai101

Banned
Koomaster said:
I don't really see why I should bother reading the opinions of people who want to call me a pedophile for watching this show. That's just ignorant thinking on their part; being judgmental without any thought at all. Those who said negative comments like that and those that joined the bandwagon are easy for me to write-off.

I see what you mean, and i give you the reason, i mean, there's people that criticize the show in a good constructive way, and that's it, but the other people that bash the people who likes the show and call you this and that, i don't see the need to deal with them or read their stupid and ignorant messages. It's more easy just to ignore them and go on.

Hexadecimalt said:

According to that, I'm in the Rarity stage.

Except "didn't like it" is a misnomer. I like the art style (hell, I liked it before I even watched an episode) and think it's well voice acted, but it's not for me story wise. So maybe I'm more in between the Rarity and Fluttershy stage?

Now that I read it, there are parts of Twilight (I liked old Faust cartoons), Applejack (I'm not sure why), Fluttershy (I seldomly stop by) and Rarity (it's not for me) in my thoughts on the show. Maybe I'm just all messed up inside...

OMG Aero said:
I just finished up a drawing I've been working on for the past week so I thought I might as well post it here. It started off as just some rough sketches to help get myself back into drawing while waiting for the Youtube upload of the last episode on Friday. But then OCD mode kicked in and I decided to scan it in and spend hours on it in Illustrator and Photoshop instead.

So here, have a picture of Fluttershy running into something as shy as her.

dang, that is five kinds of cool! i can totally see this happening, too haha. great work!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Drifter: That hair actually looks a lot like in the cartoons :) Did you do that?

edit: oh, didn't see the text first. nevermind ^^

Methinks the intensity could stand to be dialed back just a notch. Not everyone who tries it will like the show, or secretly does so but is afraid to say it. And responding to the lightest criticism by bringing up the pedophilia stuff doesn't do the brony cause any favors either.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I came to knowledge of the pony about the start of the year, if I recall correctly by some TF2 imagery with said ponies. Still at the time, didn't know of the shows return, just some random thing I figured.
Started to see more and then learned of the show and it's creator. I'm not the biggest fan of animation, but I know of Faust's works and this show's art did look rather good... but I left it at that. I wouldn't think to care for it.
This thread pops around and already elsewhere; My Little Pony is across some major male-dominated parts of the web. I gave in with the 2-parter, and found what I expected; a great cartoon, but no hold on valve. I didn't see why people came back to it on free will.. besides if you are just into animation and I do say that the animation is spectacular, but why come back? Was there more? Plenty of people said that the show is different from the intro, so I gave the next two a shot. It was cute, but I still didn't see it.
I peeked back at the pony community, not like it was hard to miss, catching some bits and pieces of the show. trying to see why such a show stands so highly regarded. The songs were pretty catchy, the characters had character, and the show didn't 'kid' around trying to speak down towards the viewers. I like that, and would probably remind myself of the show if I was to have some kids. But it still didn't answer the fandom.

Well, here I stand today. Just watched the whole series, and I do see why. The episodes did see to get better as time went on. I was worried that each episode would focus on two ponies and their differences/alikes and proceed to get along with them. The theory was proven false for the best and there is enough entertainment that I can enjoy it. I'm not that huge into it (at least not yet). I'll chug on with the show from here on out, because.. why not? It's at least 20 percent cooler than other stuff.

Neki

Nishastra said:
I said on Monday that I'd start making new avatars today, so... here they are!

fK9DP.png
kJNIV.png
aocFA.png
kcLMH.png
fxC83.png
Jlfkt.png
UZmYR.png

All from episode 1. Rarity didn't have any really good frames. She was always either too busy moving things around or too close to the camera or just at a weird angle.

Loving the avatars Nish, they look fantastic. :p

Cheerilee

Mechanical Snowman said:
:mad: magic was forbidden.
Magic wasn't forbidden during Winter Wrap Up. Ponies were probably just acting down-to-earth to get into the spirit of things, and because their limited magics might not have been much use. Twilight just assumed magic was forbidden, the same way Applejack assumed wings were forbidden in Fall Weather Friends.

Rarity blatantly used her magic (telekinesis) in front of Twilight while nest-making, and those cheating Pegasus ponies were almost all using their wings constantly (except Fluttershy).

n8BitMan said:
I came to knowledge of the pony about the start of the year, if I recall correctly by some TF2 imagery with said ponies. Still at the time, didn't know of the shows return, just some random thing I figured.
Started to see more and then learned of the show and it's creator. I'm not the biggest fan of animation, but I know of Faust's works and this show's art did look rather good... but I left it at that. I wouldn't think to care for it.
This thread pops around and already elsewhere; My Little Pony is across some major male-dominated parts of the web. I gave in with the 2-parter, and found what I expected; a great cartoon, but no hold on valve. I didn't see why people came back to it on free will.. besides if you are just into animation and I do say that the animation is spectacular, but why come back? Was there more? Plenty of people said that the show is different from the intro, so I gave the next two a shot. It was cute, but I still didn't see it.
I peeked back at the pony community, not like it was hard to miss, catching some bits and pieces of the show. trying to see why such a show stands so highly regarded. The songs were pretty catchy, the characters had character, and the show didn't 'kid' around trying to speak down towards the viewers. I like that, and would probably remind myself of the show if I was to have some kids. But it still didn't answer the fandom.

Well, here I stand today. Just watched the whole series, and I do see why. The episodes did see to get better as time went on. I was worried that each episode would focus on two ponies and their differences/alikes and proceed to get along with them. The theory was proven false for the best and there is enough entertainment that I can enjoy it. I'm not that huge into it (at least not yet). I'll chug on with the show from here on out, because.. why not? It's at least 20 percent cooler than other stuff.

Sounds similar to my story, except I live with my sister who was a big fan back in the day, and we just watched it together thinking "Aw, what the hell" and ended up loving it.

Anyways, welcome!

Thought I'd share something my sister and I were working on. Now you may have heard of some of the Pony themed Cocktail recipes bronies have been working on. We decided to take a crack at some Pony themed drinks as well, but instead of alcohol, these are smoothies/shakes. I've got two so far.

qJMiD.png

The Pinkie Pie
A Cup and Half Strawberry Ice Cream
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (Pref. with Sugar Added for Pinkie Approved Sweetness)
1 Cup Milk
6 Vanilla Wafers
Cool Whip mixed with Pink Food Coloring for topping

9GVKC.png

The Derpy Muffin
1/3 Cup Bran
1/2 Banana (Pref. Frozen)
3/4 Cup Blueberries (Pref. Frozen)
1 Ice Cube
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Spirulina (gives the shake a nice gray look)

We've already got good recipes for a Whoof themed Shake (Chocolate with Banana and Peanut Butter) and a Fluttershy themed Shake (Avacado, Honey, Orange Juice, among others) Just no pic yet.

We've got a rough idea for a Rarity shake that we're still experimenting with quantities (Coconut Milk, Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, and Mint Extract) And we've got some ideas for Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Spike, Big Mac, and Applejack. Love to hear your thoughts, Pony GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom