• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lets get back to the friendship. Tomorrow is Pony Day.

Time for a Tea Party!

JBBMK.jpg

karby

meltingparappa said:
That is just an awkward amateur version of essentially this.

Also, that type of thing is not exclusive to pony fandom (be nice).

No, see, these are kind of clever (albeit a tad weird for me). Not something I'm into, but I do think that they both show a fair amount of creativity.
There is just nothing redeeming about that other...thing. At all. Just look at it.
There is a hole in the groin area!! Why would anypony do this? WHY?!?

DrForester said:

My eyes have been cleansed! Oh, bless you, dear sir!

Dai101

Banned
I think i'm going to need a LOT of insulin for tomorrow's episode. All the "dawwwwwwww's" in this universe will extinguish

karby

Really looking forward to the flashback episode, not so much for the CMC's though. Even though they are technically the focus, I hope they get as little airtime as possible. Can't wait to see Rarity and Fluttershy flashbacks, yes yes! :D

AceBandage said:
Wait flashback episode?
yup!

"The Cutie Mark Chronicles"
The crusaders look for Twilight and the other ponies to learn how they got their cutie marks.

Ramma2

K so I spent probably 3 hours making these from Suited for Success. Backgrounds clipped out by hand. So many points!

AJ_Small_Close.png
AJ_Small_Full.png
Fluttershy_Small_Close.png
Fluttershy_Small_Full.png
Pinky_Small_Close.png
Pinky_Small_Full.png

RB_Small_Close.png
RB_Small_Full.PNG
Rarity_Small_Close.png
Rarity_Small_Full.png
Twilight_Small_Close.png
Twilight_Small_Full.png

I hope you, um, like them.

Fluttershy-nervous-kick.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
@Ramma2: Those look great! Personally I like the ones where it's the full Pony but that's my own personal preference. I may snag one. Pinkie is my favorite, but the Twilight one looks too good to pass up!

karby

jogarrr said:
Finally, something relevant from Google Ads.

http://i.imgur.com/FENlF.png

(that's one ugly Pinky, previous gen I'd guess?)

Yea, that's a gen 3 Pinkie Pie. From what I've seen, all of the gens between 1 and 4 are atrocious, the toys, the tv shows, and all that came with it. Probably the only exception is the MLP generation that came just before this one (gen 3.5(?)), and even that's really stretching it. Honestly, I'd include gen 1 in the ugly set too, but it was the one that set the standard in the first place, not to mention I was a huge fan of the original show when I was a kid, so I can't really do that. Nostalgia's a bitch. :(

akira28

Point taken. My apologies. I went down the rabbit hole and what I found was hard to believe. I blame Animaniacs.

edit: this is why I lurk. You guyses Pony offerings are much better than my input.

I do have an mp3 of that Winter Wrap Up x Torinoko City mash up I could put up somewhere...

Negator

So, I was at work, and remembering the pony thread, I asked myself a question:

Why do they call it shipping when it never delivers?

Menmanelf said:
That's a nice sketch!

If I could only nitpick one tiny thing, I don't know if it's the case in the reference photo you're using, but the gap in the main currently lines up with her jawline, making a tangent that sort of flattens the area.

It is a really small thing, but if you lower the top two hair "strands" ever so slightly, it might look ever so slightly better.

If inking this seems like a herculean task, you can always try using the pen tool in whatever program you're using. It's the aesthetic of the show, so it would be a pretty appropriate thing to use.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
meltingparappa said:
No animated gifs or external avatars. See the sticky for details.

Transparencies are the new cool kids club way to go.
Pony Gaf figured out the transparencies the first day.

Pony Gaf abides dude... Pony Gaf abides.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
image.php

Surprise transparent avatar for Ultimoo, just because I wanted to test something and because it's Pony Day! ^^

twilightgaf.png

daffy

Banned
Negator said:
So, what time does this actually start? Is there a way to see it as it airs for someone without cable TV?
Yes. YouTube seems to be cool with Hasbro right now so there, but later in the day.

Much later.

Starts around 9AM or something on the Hub network though

EDIT: Misread your post. There's a live stream on this one site, I'll try to find it.. !!

Keep your eyes peeled here in the morning! ;)

Negator

I just spent three hours looking at pony videos and favoriting them on youtube.

Time well spent.

meltingparappa said:

Where is this from?

I just went through the entire Drawfriend series on Equestria Daily and nothing. Instead I got shipping, shipping everywhere. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO RAINBOW DASH WHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom