• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DeadPhoenix said:
I was gonna make a gif of that scene...
Oh well, at least I got around to making a fancy new transparent avatar.
Go ahead, I'm sure it will still be great! :)

Anyway, a little late, but I've finally joined the transparency bandwagon. I just needed to find the right scene.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Predictions:

Rainbow Dash: Hope it's the one where she helps Fluttershy

Fluttershy: Runs away into a forest, discovers animals, comes out with cutie mark

Pinky: We'll see nerd pinky. Always serious. Then discovers sugar and love for parties.

Myke Greywolf said:
Go ahead, I'm sure it will still be great! :)

Anyway, a little late, but I've finally joined the transparency bandwagon. I just needed to find the right scene.
Well if you say so...
47RsG.gif

Not sure why, but it looked slower in IE(not really sure why I was testing it in IE in the first place...) so I tried to speed it up, but now it looks a little to fast in Firefox, might try and fix it later after I get some sleep.

DrForester said:
Predictions:

Rainbow Dash: Hope it's the one where she helps Fluttershy

Fluttershy: Runs away into a forest, discovers animals, comes out with cutie mark

Pinky: We'll see nerd pinky. Always serious. Then discovers meth.
fixd

You guys better spoiler that junk when you talk about it. Actually, now that I think about it, my best bet will probably be to avoid this place until I get to watch it for myself.

Pony blackout starting now!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Confused101 said:
You guys better spoiler that junk when you talk about it. Actually, now that I think about it, my best bet will probably be to avoid this place until I get to watch it for myself.

Spoiler speculation?

Nishastra said:
Only a few more hours! And I don't have to go anywhere today, so I can actually watch it live :p
A privilege I'll never get to experience. Still, might be up on YouTube by the end of the night.

DrForester said:
Spoiler speculation?
I think he just meant in general, there's always discussion and .gifs after an episode airs which sucks for people who get to watch it a day or two later.

Mechanical Snowman said:
I think he just meant in general, there's always discussion and .gifs after an episode airs which sucks for people who get to watch it a day or two later.
Exactly! But as I was typing it I figured I'd rather just stay out of here for a bit and let you guys have your fun with .gifs and such. :)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DeadPhoenix said:
Well if you say so...
47RsG.gif

Not sure why, but it looked slower in IE(not really sure why I was testing it in IE in the first place...) so I tried to speed it up, but now it looks a little to fast in Firefox, might try and fix it later after I get some sleep.
Great job, deserves to be quoted.

Any speculation regarding Rarity? It probably has something to do with her gem-detecting ability... but circumstances for how it happened are anypony's guess.

Koomaster

Confused101 said:

It's hard to keep ponies contained in spoilers, but I will do my best! *salutes*

Less than 3 hours till ponies! Excite!

Also transparent avatars are the new hotness? :( *huggles avatar anyway*

Nishastra

Banned
I did two!

Rw2NO.png
8boXJ.png

That frame's a bit awkward, because there's the measuring cup like right there and it looks terrible if you include it. So the usable part of her head is wider than it is tall and has to either be a bit short or a bit cut off.

I suppose I could redraw the part the cup covers, but I'm trying to beat someone else to the avatar-making punch for once :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Koomaster said:
Not sure the name, Applebucking Season maybe? I cropped it from this larger image if that helps.
wGaoc.png

MAN, one minute late. GG, Nishastra! And yours look better, too.

I would have done it a little faster, but my color-picking picked some pixels off Applejack's face, and I had to copy-paste from the original to bring those pixels back. Should have used magic wand instead.

Neki

Bufbaf said:
image.php

Surprise transparent avatar for Ultimoo, just because I wanted to test something and because it's Pony Day! ^^

twilightgaf.png

I appreciate the effort, but this picture doesn't work well with transparency I think. :p

Negator said:
I just spent three hours looking at pony videos and favoriting them on youtube.

Time well spent.

Where is this from?

I just went through the entire Drawfriend series on Equestria Daily and nothing. Instead I got shipping, shipping everywhere. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO RAINBOW DASH WHY

I'm not 100% sure where it's from. Pretty sure I found it off of one of the image boards.

Nishastra

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
I would have done it a little faster, but my color-picking picked some pixels off Applejack's face, and I had to copy-paste from the original to bring those pixels back. Should have used magic wand instead.
I do all my avatars in GIMP with the free select tool's polygon mode. It requires really big images to be effective, but I've got all the episodes in Really Big™ format these days, so it's not an issue for anything from the show.

It can take quite a while depending on how complicated the shape of what I want to cut out is (Spike's spikes are very annoying), but as an added bonus, I end up with images like this:
2TbO4.png

CassSept

Transparent ponies everywhere!

Bah, only a few more hours and I won't see the episode until tomorrow anyway. It's still strange that I'm stoked so much for a CMC episode, might be the first good one focused on them!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Honestly, i'd rather not see spoiler tags all over. Always liked the method in other tv threads. You know when it airs. If you don't want spoilers, stay out for a while. I'm at work. I'll be avoiding this thread until I Get home.

It's good enough for Doctor Who and Top Gear, it's good enough for ponies!.

CassSept

Nishastra, once you finish it can you state your opinion on whether it was good or not? I don't want it to be spoiled to me as I won't see it until tomorrow and I want to know if it matches the hype.

Chuck

Still without luck
Great. My first Pony Day and I screwed up the times. Where does it go up the soonest after airing? Website or YouTube or iTunes?

G-Fex

NUuuuuuuuuuuu I missed a lot of episode. I just came home when Rarity barely got her mark.

DAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW Baby Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom