• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
OMG Aero said:
Since everyone was so nice last time, I decided to have another go at some more fan art. Someone on another forum gave me the idea of Fluttershy helping animals get ready for hibernation, so I made a picture of her delivering nuts to a squirrel.

Click the thumbnail for the image or here for a hires version.
D'awww

Thats really good.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Since everyone was so nice last time, I decided to have another go at some more fan art. Someone on another forum gave me the idea of Fluttershy helping animals get ready for hibernation, so I made a picture of her delivering nuts to a squirrel.

Did you draw Fluttershy yourself? Looks just like the TV model. Great job if so. And if you didn't, still great job. Looks very fitting.

Also, just a suggestion.
If you're going for a look that is as official as possible, shade in the underside of the legs

Darte

SparksterMeta0 said:
I suppose that's me after realizing how shockingly good this show has been.

And yet I still don't know why I can't stop watching this.
Hell. I still don't understand how this one particular show sparked a fanbase as big a magnitude as Dash's 1st Sonic Rainboom! Even with the creator of Fosters/Powerpuff Girls in charge of it.

You don't see a lot of people talking about that new Transformers cartoon as much as this.

Its simple:

People expected this:

mlp3v7.jpg

Rainbow Dash: SLEEPOVER
Pinkie Pie: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Lets talk about boys and how disgusting they are!
Whoever the third one is: Teeeheeeeeeeeeehhehehehehehe
etc

Instead they got:
sonic_rainboom_by_lkittytaill-d3c0s89.jpg

Need I say more?

Edit: oh and how could i forget this:

60_22_02_11_3_46_55.png

Foxix Von

OMG Aero said:

D'aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww.

daffy

Banned
OMG Aero said:

So official looking, great job again

jogarrr

OMG Aero said:

Nice job! If someone told me that was from an episode I'd believe them.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:

Wow! That's great! It really does look like it could be official art :p

I have one nitpick, though. Fluttershy doesn't look like she's actually looking at the squirrel, but rather above its head.

Nishastra

Banned
Where's the Doctor Whoof/Derpy comic where they kick one of those hideous things out of the whatever-Whoof's-TARDIS-is-called? It's been posted in here at least twice but now I can't find it :p

Foxix Von

Nishastra said:
Where's the Doctor Whoof/Derpy comic where they kick one of those hideous things out of the whatever-Whoof's-TARDIS-is-called? It's been posted in here at least twice but now I can't find it :p

Sifted through nearly half the thread and for some reason I couldn't find it either. Luckily google is our friend!

ZZ6F6.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Based on Pinkie's complete name, Pinkamina Diane Pie, here is my own speculation about the complete names for the rest of the mane cast:

- Rarity Belle (of course)
- Twilight Stephenie Sparkle
- Rainbow Brite Dash
- Jacqueline Danielle Apple (credit to Popstar for this one :) )
- Fluttershy Killmaster

DrForester said:
I could feel my moustache growing while I watched this. Spike is not the only one Rarity made a man of.

OMG Aero said:

Bullshit! What episode is this screencap from?
Awesome, awesome job.

OMG Aero said:

This is insane. What's your method, technically?

Sketch > block out > vector outlines > colour?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Nishastra said:
I can understand wanting to get away from... posting constantly.

I'm a lurker by nature. There's a particular forum I've been a member of for 10 years, and I only just broke 1000 posts there fairly recently.

I know you might not get that from this thread, but almost 20% of my total posts on GAF over the last four years have been in here in the last month :p

I've been a member for 5 years, and 29% of my posts are in this thread. I'm just the type to only speak up when I have something to add to the conversation, and I'm not able to react/write that fast.

Most of the times threads evolve so fast that anything I'd want to say becomes redundant before I have the time to write it. Also, I'm not a particularly confrontational person and I take no pleasure on arguing against anyone unless their position goes obviously against the facts, in which case I'll snap and go all out in my argumentation. That doesn't happen all that often, so I've been able to go 5 years and about 1500 posts without getting tagged.

So, you know, INTP. Twilight Sparkle all the way, baby.

Therefore, I too can understand how one can feel more confortable lurking. But there's just so much to share and care (cue Pinkie Pie song) about this fandom that I feel inextricably lured to this thread time and time again. At the very least, I hope that I'm able to associate my handle with something positive inside the minds of people who share this taste. That's what keeps me going.

Spike in my mind: "GROSS! When did you get so cheesy?"

Rest of me: "Just click submit, OK?"

Popstar

Myke Greywolf said:
Based on Pinkie's complete name, Pinkamina Diane Pie, here is my own speculation about the complete names for the rest of the mane cast:

- Rarity Belle (of course)
- Twilight Stephenie Sparkle
- Rainbow Brite Dash
- Applejack Daniels
- Fluttershy Killmaster
What about Spike?

Popstar

I was going to make some sort of pimp/gigalo joke but made the mistake of doing a google image search for a suitablely pimpin' picture of Spike. Perhaps with his mustache.

I have relearnt an important lesson about the Internet. shudder

Applejack is totally a shortened form of Jacqueline Apple

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Popstar said:
I have relearnt an important lesson about the Internet. shudder
Tough love, baby.

Popstar said:
Applejack is totally a shortened form of Jacqueline Apple
Great idea! I'll edit my original post using that, if you don't mind. Credit goes to you, of course.

OMG Aero

Pandaman said:
This is probably why there is backlash about people liking this show on the internet. Other people assume they already know what the show is like based on its terrible history.

DrForester said:
Did you draw Fluttershy yourself? Looks just like the TV model. Great job if so. And if you didn't, still great job. Looks very fitting.

Also, just a suggestion.
If you're going for a look that is as official as possible, shade in the underside of the legs
Yeah I 'drew' Fluttershy myself with the pen tool in Illustrator. And I knew I forgot to do something, you mean the two legs in the background when you say the underside right?

Mechanical Snowman said:
This is insane. What's your method, technically?

Sketch > block out > vector outlines > colour?
For the last picture I started by sketching a rough idea of what I wanted then scanning it in, but for this one I started straight in Illustrator since I already had my past image to look at and work from. Then, looking at some episodes for reference, I created Fluttershy and the squirrel using the pen tool (Since I already made a vector image of Fluttershy for the last picture, I could modify some of the parts of that one so it didn't take as long this time). After getting the characters done, I brought them into Photoshop to work on the colours and make Fluttershy's eyes, then I went back into Illustrator to make the background.
After getting everything made, I brought it all into the same Photoshop file (fun fact: I had so many objects in the file that the temp files for Photoshop filled up the rest of my hard drive and I had to plug in an external one to continue editing it) to move it all into place and apply the right colours, effects and gradients to everything.

And thanks once again for all the nice feedback everyone, it makes all the hours of work not feel like a waste.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Yeah I 'drew' Fluttershy myself with the pen tool in Illustrator. And I knew I forgot to do something, you mean the two legs in the background when you say the underside right?

Aye.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pinkiedeadpool_origins_by_csimadmax-d3e936w.png

Like many of this guys comics, it's more the faces than the comic. Love to have a singe picture of Tophat Celestia without the cakes.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Animation nitpicking time: during the Winter Wrap Up song, the male ponies' trot animation (0:41) is messed up, as they touch the ground simultaneously with both legs from the same side of the body, instead of diagonally (compare with the female ponies in the same scenes).

I've got to see if there are more scenes with males trotting in the series to see if this is a recurring error.

Yeah, I know, it's just that this show has got me so used to awesome animation, that when something seems "off", I can't unsee it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
Animation nitpicking time: during the Winter Wrap Up song, the male ponies' trot animation (0:41) is messed up, as they touch the ground simultaneously with both legs from the same side of the body, instead of diagonally (compare with the female ponies in the same scenes).

I've got to see if there are more scenes with males trotting in the series to see if this is a recurring error.

Yeah, I know, it's just that this show has got me so used to awesome animation, that when something seems "off", I can't unsee it.

Wibbly Wobbly Pony Wony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom