• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
2pouz5l.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
nxpnQ.jpg

However, I won't be home to watch it live this time... Or next time... or the time after that.

At least I also won't be able to read this thread :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
My wife has just finished her pony plushie project:

JhR8m.jpg

Yeah, it's no show pony, but I still love it and I think it came out pretty well. My wife calls her Protopony.

Next up, she'll try to make it in a bigger size, and probably try to reproduce one of the mane cast.

Skin is white polar fleece. Eyes are simple cotton fabric printed on a common inkjet printer and coated with nail varnish. Mane and tail are from an old party wig.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
My wife has just finished her pony plushie project:

JhR8m.jpg

Yeah, it's no show pony, but I still love it and I think it came out pretty well. My wife calls her Protopony.

Next up, she'll try to make it in a bigger size, and probably try to reproduce one of the mane cast.

Skin is white polar fleece. Eyes are simple cotton fabric printed on a common inkjet printer and coated with nail varnish. Mane and tail are from an old party wig.

Nice job. Might interest the wife then.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/amazing-fluttershy-plushie.html

That looks great Myke.
Myke Greywolf said:
I would seriously buy it at a high price if someone actually produced a high quality plushie of Pinkie, RBD or Fluttershy, like Myke's wife's Protopony. I'd love to say 'MAKE IT HAPPEN HASBRO' but I know they don't care enough to put that into motion.
DrForester said:
Oh gawd. If only he was selling them...

Myke Greywolf said:
After seeing Mechanical Snowman's avatar, I just had to make a subtle change to mine.
Check out Zomba's ;)

And your wife's pony looks great, the hair is better than the real production toys >.> Still think it should have had a NeoGAF cutie mark though.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Hexadecimalt said:
That looks great Myke.
DrForester said:
Thank you so much, she appreciates the compliments. :)

That Fluttershy plushie is amazing. The fact that the crafter decided to make her hair in plush form is mind-boggling. I can only imagine how much time it took to figure out the patterns for that part.

Meanwhile, if you don't mind a little-itsy-bitsy episode spoiling then click here. Solve the first find-the-differences game, then click the right arrow and you'll gain access to a find-the-differences game for each episode of the season - including the final three.

Nishastra

Banned
Here's a couple of other homemade ponies via /toy/ on Ponychan.

I REALLY like the second one.

Edit: I knew I had seen more like the first one. She also did an Applejack and an original pony, which can be seen here.

I wish I could make something like any of these. I can only make things with wood and metal :p

Nishastra

Banned
Kelthink said:
It's from this, the greatest of comics: http://tinyurl.com/4ccddca

There needs to be a beard avatar thing going on with the rest of the friends but I'm well too lazy to do it. Anypony else?
I'm still recovering from spending like four hours straight making ridiculous shit for Regulus Tera last saturday, or else I'd give it a go :p

Also I have to leave in 5 minutes.

PONY DAY!?!?

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

3SKWv.gif

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

Some eagle-eyed brony should catch the name of the writer in the beginning, so the rest of us can have an hour's worth of prejudice until it hits the usual place.

jogarrr

Awesome episode so far.
spiked punch :lol . The star gazing opening scene was great.

meltingparappa said:
Some eagle-eyed brony should catch the name of the writer in the beginning, so the rest of us can have an hour's worth of prejudice until it hits the usual place.

If no one else posts I'll go back and check when it's over.

jogarrr

Pissing off a dragon (even a baby) seems like a bad idea.
I was surprised to see a 'field mouse' ripped apart and bloody, even if it was faked. Also, owls are creepy.

CassSept

Quite a good episode, not the series' high but still pretty enjoyable
well except for evil Spike part which I found really very funny

Wiki says this Episode was written by Cindy Morrow (Gilda ep, Winter Wrap-Up, The Show Stoppers) so it really is hard to judge the episode by writer alone as she seems to be all over the place.

Acerac

Banned
I tuned in 10 minutes late to watch this and am now stuck waiting until it gets on youtube as I refused to watch the end half then the beginning.

Tivo. I need it.

jogarrr

ChuckNoLuck said:
So Owlawishus is going to stick around? He seems kind of dull.

Yeah, I hope not. Outside of this episode
who jokes
would get really old really fast. I'd be ok with him being a background character though.

jogarrr said:
Episode was written by Cindy Morrow.
She also wrote

Grifon the Brush Off (not well liked APPARENTLY for waifu reasons, but there is some great pinkie comedy in there)
Winter Wrap Up (god-tier)
Show Stoppers (unwatchable)

I... don't know what to think.

Edit: beaten. Tivo and 'reading comprehension', I need it.

Chuck

Still without luck
jogarrr said:
Yeah, I hope not. Outside of this episode
who jokes
would get really old really fast.

Agreed. Maybe he'll act like like Raritiy's cat and only be around when Twilight is at home. I think that could work.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Got to give it up to Hasbro for being lenient of the show's being on youtube or what have you. I wouldn't have been as curious as sure, I wouldn't have a chance to see the episodes, none of this stuff would be as large as it is.

jogarrr

meltingparappa said:

If you want another indication of the quality, I agree with CassSept's opinion:

CassSept said:
Quite a good episode, not the series' high but still pretty enjoyable

--

karby said:
Those ponies were
stargazing!
I thought all ponies shunned Luna's beautiful night!
I love scenes like that,
where all the ponies get together and interact

Scoot wanting to be RD's servant was pretty funny too.

Koomaster

ChuckNoLuck said:
Agreed. Maybe he'll act like like Raritiy's cat and only be around when Twilight is at home. I think that could work.
Well she specifically said she needed help at night; how many nighttime episodes have their been with Twilight in them? I'm guessing he will be a background character to spot, but won't be really interacting much with the main cast now.

CassSept

meltingparappa said:
She also wrote

Grifon the Brush Off (not well liked APPARENTLY for waifu reasons, but there is some great pinkie comedy in there)
Winter Wrap Up (god-tier)
Show Stoppers (unwatchable)

Edit: beaten. Tivo and 'reading comprehension', I need it.
I'd say the episode was somewhere between Grifon the Brush Off and Winter Wrap Up, leaning a little towards the former one. So yup, she is completely over the place, having written both one of the best episodes of the series (WWU) and what I consider to be absolutely the worst one (Show Stoppers oh god make it stop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom