• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
meltingparappa said:
She also wrote

Grifon the Brush Off (not well liked APPARENTLY for waifu reasons, but there is some great pinkie comedy in there)
Winter Wrap Up (god-tier)
Show Stoppers (unwatchable)

I... don't know what to think.

Edit: beaten. Tivo and 'reading comprehension', I need it.
I loved all those episodes, I guess I'm in for a treat then :)

curiouswitch

Neo Member
CassSept said:
Quite a good episode, not the series' high but still pretty enjoyable
well except for evil Spike part which I found really very funny

Wiki says this Episode was written by Cindy Morrow (Gilda ep, Winter Wrap-Up, The Show Stoppers) so it really is hard to judge the episode by writer alone as she seems to be all over the place.

It's kinda similar to the Gilda episode though.

Nishastra

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
Same here. I don't understand the hate for Show Stoppers.
It's a CMC episode. That's about all it takes for some people, apparently.

Got home early, but not early enough to watch it live. Still, I have watched it :p

Like everyone else, I enjoyed
Melodrama Villain Spike.

Also nice to see
another dragon around, if not a friendly one.
Poor Spike... :p

curiouswitch

Neo Member
Nishastra said:
It's a CMC episode. That's about all it takes for some people, apparently.

Got home early, but not early enough to watch it live. Still, I have watched it :p

Like everyone else, I enjoyed
Melodrama Villain Spike.

Also nice to see
another dragon around, if not a friendly one.
Poor Spike... :p

So far, dragons in this series are kinda jerks. Is Spike going to be a total jackass when he grows up?

Chuck

Still without luck
curiouswitch said:
So far, dragons in this series are kinda jerks. Is Spike going to be a total jackass when he grows up?

Did you see the new episode? He's proven he can be a jackass already.

CassSept

curiouswitch said:
It's kinda similar to the Gilda episode though.
Well, can't really argue with it. It is a little bit reminiscent of Grifon the Brush Off, but still different enough to be fine. You can feel they were written by the same person though.

About Show Stoppers, it's not only that it's the CMC episode (I didn't find Stare Master unwatchable as a matter of fact), it's just that I found it completely appalling, really. Awful under all circumstances. Broken beyond any repair. To each his own though, no point in arguing over this.

curiouswitch

Neo Member
CassSept said:
Well, can't really argue with it. It is a little bit reminiscent of Grifon the Brush Off, but still different enough to be fine. You can feel they were written by the same person though.

About Show Stoppers, it's not only that it's the CMC episode (I didn't find Stare Master unwatchable as a matter of fact), it's just that I found it completely appalling, really. Awful under all circumstances. Broken beyond any repair. To each his own though, no point in arguing over this.

Can they just get
their cutie marks
already so they can actually develop as characters vs whiney fillies?

karby

CassSept said:

Show Stoppers and Over a Barrel are, so far, pretty much the only episodes of Season 1 that I just flat out dislike. It's pretty much a tie between the two over which is at the very bottom of the list for me.

Whogie

I could feel Myke cringe during Pinky's 'quill' scene.

Pretty good episode. Owl's creepy 180º head turns were gold.

curiouswitch

Neo Member
karby said:
Show Stoppers and Over a Barrel are, so far, pretty much the only episodes of Season 1 that I just flat out dislike. It's pretty much a tie between the two over which is at the very bottom of the list for me.

For me, Over a Barrel was by far the worst episode. One CMC episode isn't that big of a deal... it's the fact that we've had 3 now and the season finale is probably going to revolve around them (I don't know this obviously but it seems like that's what this is leading up to) that makes me hate the CMC so much.

curiouswitch said:
For me, Over a Barrel was by far the worst episode. One CMC episode isn't that big of a deal... it's the fact that we've had 3 now and the season finale is probably going to revolve around them (I don't know this obviously but it seems like that's what this is leading up to) that makes me hate the CMC so much.

We've got confirmation that the finale will be at the Grand Galloping Gala. I'd be surprised if they're even in the ep.

karby

No, the season finale revolves around the grand galloping gala, which as I understand, the CMC's aren't invited to. From what I know The Cutie Mark Chronicles were the last of the CMC's we see for season 1. Thank goodness.

edit: beaten like Luna.

Zomba13

Pony day :D
Need to wait for it to hit the youtubes.

1RBqQ.png

Vh1Jt.png

This needs to happen in the wild.

Chuck

Still without luck
Scootaloo is definitely the best thing to come out of the CMC.

Scootaloo's Pegasus wing powered scooter?!

Scootaloo_(42)-(n1302459360001).gif

Adorable.

Chuck

Still without luck
Amibguous Cad said:
We've got confirmation that the finale will be at the Grand Galloping Gala. I'd be surprised if they're even in the ep.

This is great, but how many Grand Galloping Galas are there? Wasn't the Gala a major plot point of like 3 episodes? I thought it would be more of an annual thing.

Squalltdx

I've been checking out this thread from time to time since it first started and it got my curious about this show. I happened to be home today and remembered it was coming on so it was my first chance to to actually watch it. I still have to catch up and get a feel for everything, but I did like what I saw and it looks really nice watching it in HD. As an avid animal lover I must say something about that owl was just so adorable. I wouldn't mind having it as an avatar.

Chuck

Still without luck
jogarrr said:
Sorry but Apple Bloom with her accent is much more adorable.

True, but Apple bloom was there and adorable before the CMC. Scootaloo is the best thing to come after.

Chuck

Still without luck
Squalltdx said:
I've been checking out this thread from time to time since it first started and it got my curious about this show. I happened to be home today and remembered it was coming on so it was my first chance to to actually watch it. I still have to catch up and get a feel for everything, but I did like what I saw and it looks really nice watching it in HD. As an avid animal lover I must say something about that owl was just so adorable. I wouldn't mind having it as an avatar.

WelcomeToTheHerd.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Whogie said:
I could feel Myke cringe during Pinky's 'quill' scene.

Pretty good episode. Owl's creepy 180º head turns were gold.

Hey, don't think for me! At least let me watch the episode fir-...

Wait...

Is it a series of puns?

PLEASE TELL ME IT IS NOT PUNS!

Nishastra

Banned
Squalltdx said:
Hi there! I'd happily make you an avatar of the owl just as soon as I can get a decent copy of the episode to work with :p

Zomba13 said:
Pony day :D
Need to wait for it to hit the youtubes.

1RBqQ.png

Vh1Jt.png

This needs to happen in the wild.
They match up better than I expected!

And just dropping in to say I hope you enjoyed the episode, for all those who watched it live ^.^

Oh and btw, Sweetie Bell > Applebloom > Scootaloo.

karby

ChuckNoLuck said:
This is great, but how many Grand Galloping Galas are there? Wasn't the Gala a major plot point of like 3 episodes? I thought it would be more of an annual thing.
Tickets to the Gala were the plot point of episode 3. Dresses for the Gala were the plot point of episode 14. I think the Gala was mentioned in another episode but I'm not too sure which one.
...I wonder if the ponies will actually show up wearing the dresses that Rarity made in episode 14. I really hope they do because that would be awesome.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Squalltdx said:

lwgr4.png

Welcoming gift. ;)

Chuck

Still without luck
karby said:
Tickets to the Gala were the plot point of episode 3. Dresses for the Gala were the plot point of episode 14. I think the Gala was mentioned in another episode but I'm not too sure which one.
...I wonder if the ponies will actually show up wearing the dresses that Rarity made in episode 14. I really hope they do because that would be awesome.

Ok, so the Gala hasn't actually happened yet, they've just been leading up to it. I wonder what that episode is going to be like.

jogarrr

Nishastra said:
And I just noticed that
everyone's hair is frazzled and they all look a bit beat up. Excluding Celestia.

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Neat.

Oh and btw, Sweetie Bell = Applebloom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scootaloo.

I'd be willing to accept this.. maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom