• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mechanical Snowman said:
Oh and btw, Sweetie Bell > Applebloom > Scootaloo.
ZkOuU.gif

you forgot the dashes on your arrows, here i fixed it:
Sweetie Bell --> Applebloom --> Scootaloo.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
jogarrr said:
This is apparently the same Gala mentioned previously. There's speculation that the episodes are being aired out of order.
I don't know. Those ponies are girls, it makes complete sense they are worried about that Gala over a long period of time after getting the invitations (which are usually handed out LONG before it starts).
The timeline mixup may very well be, but to me it makes much more sense in the shown order. IIRC Rarity started hurrying on the costumes because they would be featured somewhere, not exactly because the party is so close or anything like that.

Edit: Also, there is no "best" pony :(

jogarrr

Bufbaf said:
I don't know. Those ponies are girls, it makes complete sense they are worried about that Gala over a long period of time after getting the invitations (which are usually handed out LONG before it starts).
The timeline mixup may very well be, but to me it makes much more sense in the shown order. IIRC Rarity started hurrying on the costumes because they would be featured somewhere, not exactly because the party is so close or anything like that.

That's true. I think the out of order theory comes more from the seasons. The first episode being the beginning of summer, episode 10 being the end of winter, and episode 13 being the beginning of fall.

mj1108

Squalltdx said:
I've been checking out this thread from time to time since it first started and it got my curious about this show. I happened to be home today and remembered it was coming on so it was my first chance to to actually watch it. I still have to catch up and get a feel for everything, but I did like what I saw and it looks really nice watching it in HD. As an avid animal lover I must say something about that owl was just so adorable. I wouldn't mind having it as an avatar.

Time to catch up on episodes it sounds like....they can all be found on Youtube.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Dai101 said:
Oh. "pensivepony" has todays episode already uploaded (not HD though)
Oh, man... so many "hoot" puns. I'm going to have a field day with this one. At least there are no 3 minute long songs.

Other than that... an enjoyable episode, but nothing special. It's nice to have a spotlight on Spike regarding his relationship with Twilight, for a change. As someone already stated, it was totally worth it for
moustache-twirling evil Spike. The action scene with the adult dragon was well done too

On another note,
Scootaloo acting all subservient towards Rainbow Dash, and Dash taking advantage of it
, really feeds a certain piece of idiotic fanon created by a certain small segment of unsavory fans, and that kind of irks me.

I would have liked it better if
Aloysius actually knew how to talk
. For both the obvious reasons, and because it would have made for some interesting dialogue with Spike.

On a first watching, the episode gets a 13/20 score from me.

karby said:
Tickets to the Gala were the plot point of episode 3. Dresses for the Gala were the plot point of episode 14. I think the Gala was mentioned in another episode but I'm not too sure which one.
...I wonder if the ponies will actually show up wearing the dresses that Rarity made in episode 14. I really hope they do because that would be awesome.

I've got some bad news for you. This is a screenshot from Swarm of the Century:

images

It's possible the parasprites got the dresses before they could be used!

Myke Greywolf said:
On another note,
Scootaloo acting all subservient towards Rainbow Dash, and Dash taking advantage of it
, really feeds a certain piece of idiotic fanon created by a certain small segment of unsavory fans, and that kind of irks me.

This ep was produced long before Scootabuse became the thing pony fans trolled with. I thought Scoot and RD's interaction was the highlight of the episode; hero worshiping Scootaloo is adorable.

karby said:
edit: beaten like Luna.
Dear god that's terrible.
Amibguous Cad said:
karby said:
...I wonder if the ponies will actually show up wearing the dresses that Rarity made in episode 14. I really hope they do because that would be awesome.
I've got some bad news for you. This is a screenshot from Swarm of the Century:

images

It's possible the parasprites got the dresses before they could be used!
Nope. The spoilery bit that Myke posted a page ago with from Hasbro's 'spot the difference' game pretty much confirms the dresses are worn.

Nishastra

Banned
Seriously, though, I don't think Aloysius (apparently how the owl's name is spelled) can be a main character, as it can't speak.

At most it'd be as much a main character as Angel is :p

Nishastra

Banned
It's almost certainly not actually that, although I'm sure they picked the name because that's what it would sound like :p

Edit: Just went and confirmed. Turned on closed captioning on my DVR and it is Aloysius.

Negator

Oh god, I facepalmed so hard when
Spike was setting up the dead rat.

Pretty meh episode, but it had it's moments
quesadilla

OMG Aero

I usually love terrible puns, but even I was groaning at Pinkie Pie's ones during this episode.

Also I don't care what the moral of the episode was, that owl is a jerk.

jogarrr

Amibguous Cad said:

I feel like a bad person for having never seen that before. I've seen it referenced before but never the original. That was amazing.

OMG Aero said:
Also I don't care what the moral of the episode was, that owl is a jerk.

I think all owls are jerks and they're all creepy and evil. What other explanation is there for having the ability to turn your head around 180 degrees.

Edit: in fact Wikipedia says up to 270 degrees. Super Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom