• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raging Pie and Sad Pie

So Pinkie's hair
straightens out when depressed. Makes sense

EDIT: This could tie into Cupcakes very well.

Acerac

Banned
karby said:
Crazy Pinkie is best Pinkie.

I can't wait to see the gifs coming out of this episode.
I was thinking both of these things throughout the episode.

I have to imagine at least 3 or 4 avatars will come out of it as well.

Koomaster

Kirbyguy said:
Raging Pie and Sad Pie

So Pinkie's hair
straightens out when depressed. Makes sense

EDIT: This could tie into Cupcakes very well.
Not just straightens, literally deflates, like a old used up party balloon. D:

jogarrr

Pinky Pie isn't just random anymore. She's completely insane. :p

Also,
"Who are ya callin' a chump, chump?"

karby said:
I can't wait to see the gifs coming out of this episode.

They will be glorious.

This episode makes me sad no more animated avatars. Though we should get some awesome static ones from it.

Also, Pinkie avoids learning the lesson of giving her friends some space, once again. At least it fleshes out the character flaw we kinda glimpsed obliquely in Griffon the Brush Off; she doesn't seem to know when it's appropriate to let her friends do their own thang apart from her... turns her into a much more believable character, rather than simply an archetype

G-Fex

Captain Fish said:
Applejack comics!How children's card games work in equestria:
dedicated to G-Fex

Pfft real duelists can make cards fly past their heads like so.
cardgames-o.gif

That reminds me, that scene where applebloom is trying to guess the shape, is that a reference to Ghostbusters?

Nishastra

Banned
Wow, WOW.

Pinkie is
totally insane :p

"Amish Pinkie" is now more like "Sinister Pinkie". I especially liked how even her colors darkened like they were before the Sonic Rainboom.

Also liked her increasingly-absurd disguise and Rarity's covert tail-carry.

karby

IMO the ending was a bit of a letdown. I wish they didn't make it so obvious, but other than that, Celestia tier episode.

Pinkie chaotic evil confirmed.

Nishastra

Banned
I actually like Pinkie more now that I know that's she's not some kind of font of infinite party, but rather just completely cracked :p

Whogie

Really good episode. Dragged on a bit with the excuses, but otherwise freaking funny.
Like the song at the beginning, crazy Pinkie, Rainbow Dash's "hi Pinkie" to a stack of hay...

So who destroys the world first? Dark Phoenix Twilight or Pinkie finally cracking and using her reality and probability altering powers for evil?

jogarrr

The Pinkie - Applejack stare down had me laughing so hard.

When Pinkie finally completely snaps AJ will be the first to go.

Of7sWm.jpg

Amibguous Cad said:
So who destroys the world first? Dark Phoenix Twilight or Pinkie finally cracking and using her reality and probability altering powers for evil?

Pinkie's able to outrun even Rainbow Dash. There will be no escape.

Koomaster

Amibguous Cad said:
Based on this episode I speculate
Pinkie already cracked and killed her friends. The 'surprise party' at the end was really just her brain trying to cope with what she's done. How COULD she forget her own birthday?!

Then again it's entirely possible the whole show is the product of Pinkamina's brain, trying to cope with boring life on a rock farm. /epictwist

Nishastra

Banned
Koomaster said:
Then again it's entirely possible the whole show is the product of Pinkamina's brain, trying to cope with boring life on a rock farm. /epictwist
That would make her "And that's how Equestria was made!" line from Cutie Mark Chronicles make sense, then. The world the other characters exist in was created when Pinkie went insane :p

Never mind the Sonic Rainboom thing...

2th

Banned
karby said:
7cjys.png

edit: found on ponychan

need this image minus the text in avatar form.

also i love having a DVR. sat there and watched the episode back to back twice. what has the internet done to me?

jogarrr

Foxix said:
Oh my god, that was without a doubt my favorite episode of the season.

Same.

21jcv.png

BTW: Poor quality YT's of the episode are popping up already for those looking. I'd guess better versions will hit soon.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
These characters are looking more and more like a parade of psychological afflictions.

Twilight: Asperger Syndrome
Rarity: Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
Applejack: Codependency
Rainbow Dash: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Fluttershy: Social Anxiety Disorder
Pinkie Pie: Dependent Personality Disorder

This episode was also a total goldmine for gif's! I can't wait to have the high quality version to make some.

6RkdM.gif

Aske

Myke Greywolf said:
These characters are looking more and more like a parade of psychological afflictions.

Twilight: Asperger Syndrome
Rarity: Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
Applejack: Codependency
Rainbow Dash: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Fluttershy: Social Anxiety Disorder
Pinkie Pie: Histrionic Personality Disorder

Fixed ;)

I really liked this one. Pinkie Pie needs some serious help though. The writing for this show is top notch. Wonder when we'll go to a more story arc instead of episodic? The stare down reminded me of Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wow, Pinky's kind of an asshole.

Overall it was an OK episode, but I think it shows Pinky can't carry an episode. It was too predictable. Up until now she always came off as a "Always look on the bright side" person. Now she's just insane.

Foxix Von

I can't help but think that this episode was in some way influenced by this writer reading some fanfiction. Cupcakes is now canon. :(

I love that Pinkie can actually out run RBD, oh man.

Whogie

Because it was clear that all her friends were avoiding her. Assuming the worst was paranoia, but it's not asshole-ish.

Foxix said:
I love that Pinkie can actually out run RBD, oh man.
I don't know if it was running as much as warping reality.

Nishastra

Banned
AceBandage said:
Masterlinkx's account is down again.
He's not even posting the episodes on that account any more...

But yeah, it's definitely just some asshole making claims to get his account taken down.

Was Masterlinks the only that provided good quality episodes on Youtube?
For those who haven't seen today's episode, your best bet is to go on basil34's justintv page (albeit low quality)

Pein

Banned
Alright, you guys fully converted me in to a fan. I'm on episode 21 and I love this show, pinky pie and flutter shy for life.

CassSept

This episode was something beyond Luna Tier. That right there was probably what was the funniest episode of the season. There were so many straight down amazing scenes that it's hard to know where to begin with. It's such a shame that gif avatars are not allowed any more, if there was any time that could prove it it's now.

Pinkie Pie going batshit insane was the highlight though. It reminded me a little of Toy Story, still, these few minutes alone could easily provide avatars for half of Pony-GAF before the gif ban. Incredible stuff, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom