• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
OMG Aero said:
There is a 720p version up now and Snowman I think it might be wise to edit that link out.
If anyone has any requests for transparent avatars from this episode I can give it a go.

Where? O:

0DF8m.png

Just watched the finale.

It really had me laughing. One of my highlights was PARTAY Pinkie, when she seems to grind on a gala attendee. Good stuff.

I was rewatching some stuff last night and I noticed there are very few unique Pony "models." The blank flank gardener pony, the prince pony (both in the finale), and Mr. and Mrs. Cake are a few examples. I hope they do more distinct designs in season 2.

NEO0MJ

Captain Fish said:
I was rewatching some stuff last night and I noticed there are very few unique Pony "models." The blank flank gardener pony, the prince pony (both in the finale), and Mr. and Mrs. Cake are a few examples. I hope they do more distinct designs in season 2.

Derpy should be the only Pony using her design for season 2, now taht she's been established a her own character.

Nishastra

Banned
Captain Fish said:
It's been said (by Lauren Faust) that the reason why 90% of ponies have the same body type is to make the show easier to animate.

Nishastra

Banned
I failed to notice the buzzard in that scene!

Also: FERRET!

Yyky3.png

And here's an upside-down Pinkie avatar I just made.

Edit: Forgot to modify the brightness and contraaaast.

Captain Fish said:
Add Big Mac and Granny to the list. And yeah, some different pony designs would be fantastic, although one of the things that makes the show so "clean" looking is how uniform its art style is. I don't mind if they keep it the way it is.

NEO0MJ said:
Derpy should be the only Pony using her design for season 2, now taht she's been established a her own character.
Did anyone see Derpy during the finale? I wasn't looking very hard due to the quality of the YouTube vid I watched, but if the animators/producers were serious about the "fandom," I figure they would've stuck her in there just to remind us they know were here, even if might not be Gala material. A final nod/sendoff, as it were, until October.

OMG Aero

Adelor Lyon said:
Did anyone see Derpy during the finale? I wasn't looking very hard due to the quality of the YouTube vid I watched, but if the animators/producers were serious about the "fandom," I figure they would've stuck her in there just to remind us they know were here, even if might not be Gala material. A final nod/sendoff, as it were, until October.
Derpy is a very important pony.
KrMWb.png

oQfqb.png

And while I'm going through the episode, here's a screencap that could make a good wallpaper (Click for fullsize)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Adelor Lyon said:
She was also in line during Applejack's part of "At the Gala":

aBsrQl.png

With derp eyes, no less. :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about creating an 'album' with all my existing and following MLP/Vocaloid Crossovers, thus delaying all upcoming downloads until I'm done. I'm always fiddling around with the stuff even after I uploaded it on Youtube, and I'm not a fan of "improved" uploads of previous videos, so it may be a method to throw some updated mixes around the web.

So, with the fact in mind that I'm not exactly a master at music editing, would you think this is a good idea?

Oh, and next up: Fluttershy ^^

Nishastra

Banned
Some Rarities and a non-evil straight-haired Pinkie.

eQspJ.png
UUh9T.png
YjnKS.png
F8C19.png

Edit: I'm done for now. I mostly wanted to make more Rarity avatars because I've made so few overall.

I have way too much work to do this weekend to spend 5 hours making avatars :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
So, with the fact in mind that I'm not exactly a master at music editing, would you think this is a good idea?
It's always a good idea, if not for anything else, then for the purpose of enhancing your skills with those tools. :)

Here is the final version of my wife's Derpy plushie, first revealed during the Grand Galloping Gala:

careksims

Ugh! I have The Gala song STUCK in my head all night and when I woke up this morning... all I'm hearing now is "At the Gala! At the Gala!" and bits of "Winter wrap up! Winter up!" Get out of my head!!!!

AT THE GALA!

shaowebb

Really, enjoyed this finale. Especially Fluttershy's breakdown and the slipper scene with Rarity. Those may just be the new scenes I use to convert people to the show because ...WOW.

I'm taking sometime off from school in a few weeks to put together some animation portfolio stuff. A couple of pinups and hopefully some quick animations. I'm hoping that I get a chance to play with animating some ponies. If so I'll post anything I get in here for everyone to enjoy.

Wish me luck. I hope I get the time for this since if I do it, I want to test my theories of how they rig their ponies and try to mimic it.

Boss Doggie

I'm actually surprised at the lack of unisuses/pegacorns in the Gala - so that makes Trollestia and Luna unique?

NEO0MJ

Ookami-kun said:
I'm actually surprised at the lack of unisuses/pegacorns in the Gala - so that makes Trollestia and Luna unique?

Aren't they also like the only full grown horses in the show?

Poyunch

Ookami-kun said:
Apple Bloom comic made believe becoming Princess makes you become tall and a pegacorn/unisuses.

G-Fex

I hate myself for missing the finale with you guys, I had to go pick up some idiot.

But it was great and fun was had. Well so long as I stayed there.

But since things are foreshadowing near the end...it's time I did something I always wanted to do.

For all the trolling you did it's time to pay

PANDAMAN TALK TO THE HAND!

AFT4N.jpg

hUu39.jpg

Boss Doggie

PounchEnvy said:
Apple Bloom comic made believe becoming Princess makes you become tall and a pegacorn/unisuses.

So it's magic then!

Adelor Lyon said:
What's this guy's problem on the right? Found at 1:35 of the .mkv for about three frames.
R89uA.jpg

It's like his head was squished by a rock!

OMG Aero

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah, I think it's pretty much accepted that unipegasuses aren't a normal race since the only ones are Celestia and Luna and they are basically gods.

Although that does raise the question of why Prince Blueblood is just a unicorn, even if he is a distant relation of Celestia's like Lauren Faust said. Maybe Celestia and Luna were originally unicorns and they were turned into unipegasuses when they first started controlling the sun and moon.

DrForester said:
Derpy's boyfriend.
That's what I was thinking. It was probably an encoding error, but it doesn't have the typical macroblocking you'd see with encoding errors.

Anyway, Derpy made it to the Gala after all. I like (to think) how the animators are still subtly nodding to us; it just fills my heart with blood. :)
WYTCE.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Hi, I'm a new/prospective fan and I would like to leave this post in this thread, but I never go to Community, so I presume ponies are not welcome in this forum. That is all.

G-Fex

and we've finally submerged to the Shadow Realm.

By that I mean community forum.

I'm going to facepalm hard if people in OT still bitch about ponies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom