• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
Hi, I'm a new/prospective fan and I would like to leave this post in this thread, but I never go to Community, so I presume ponies are not welcome in this forum. That is all.

Season 2 will be in OT

KtSlime

DrForester said:
You guys don't have auto subscribe on for every thread you post in?

Nope, after I graduated my school cut me off from my school mail. EvilLore considers MobileMe to be a 'free' email, so I have no way of getting subscriptions.

Acerac

Banned
Oh noes, we have been banished. At least every other communityish forum in OT got moved too. lolololol

On a more positive note, I had to say I am really loving the At the Gala song. I know a lot of people weren't fans, but I've relistened to it 3 times since the episode aired. Perhaps it doesn't have the sticking power of WRU or AotD for you guys, but I think it is easily up there. :)

I also find I appreciate songs in this series more when they are about somepony's ambition that gets completely shut down. Gives tons of free bonus points to this one and AotD. Kinda makes me a mean person, but whatever. Schadenfreude?

*Edit*

Oh wait never mind the NFL thread is stickied during the offseason I must have been confused.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ivedoneyourmom said:
Nope, after I graduated my school cut me off from my school mail. EvilLore considers MobileMe to be a 'free' email, so I have no way of getting subscriptions.

Huh? Turn on auto subscribe, turn off Email notification.

OMG Aero

I thought we would have had a few more days before getting banished and then thrown in a dungeon in the place we were banished to.
67M48.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
Did that before, didn't even notice we have been banished and locked away in a dungeon in the place we've been banished to, until now ^^

edit: Aero wins :)

KtSlime

DrForester said:

Yeah, yeah, but I don't want to live on that page - hopefully EvilLore with all this enhancements will add RSS feeds for threads.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Acerac said:
On a more positive note, I had to say I am really loving the At the Gala song. I know a lot of people weren't fans, but I've relistened to it 3 times since the episode aired. Perhaps it doesn't have the sticking power of WRU or AotD for you guys, but I think it is easily up there. :)

I spent this afternoon translating the episode to portuguese, and as usual, spent a disproportionate amount of time with the songs, to make them work in my language.

I can say that "At The Gala" pushes almost all of my buttons so well, that I found myself crying multiple times while replaying it. It's amazing that such a low-budget show has such great musical parts.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, we are more then a tv show now. We are a community; a herd.

But yeah, I already subscribed.

And if someone is holding on to pony day avatars,
tAtFH.png

KtSlime

How About No said:
I don't see any reason to subscribe. It's on the Community section, so it's not like it'll ever leave page 1.

True, but who actually visits the Community Forum? I know I have one tab always open, Off Topic.

Acerac

Banned
How About No said:
I don't see any reason to subscribe. It's on the Community section, so it's not like it'll ever leave page 1.
Yeah, unless all the other community threads from OT are moved which we all know will never happen, we'll likely stay on the first half of the first page for at least the immediate future.

2th

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I thought we would have had a few more days before getting banished and then thrown in a dungeon in the place we were banished to.
67M48.jpg

the quote NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER comes to mind.

I thought we would remain in OT until episode discussion died down?

Oh well...

Ark said:
There's something about seeing Rainbowdash all done up that just doesn't look right.

I thought her giant hair ponytail looked rad.

Ark said:
There's something about seeing Rainbowdash all done up that just doesn't look right.

But fangirl squee Dash is so right!

And hey, we weren't done with finale discussion yet! Harrumph. Clearly this indicates some kind of anti-pony bias on behalf of the mods!

Foxix Von

Amibguous Cad said:

And hey, we weren't done with finale discussion yet! Harrumph. Clearly this indicates some kind of anti-pony bias on behalf of the mods!

Naw, Duckroll still loves us. I think.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:

And hey, we weren't done with finale discussion yet! Harrumph. Clearly this indicates some kind of anti-pony bias on behalf of some ofthe mods!

Yeah, probably, oh well. I do love RD out of her element. Tomboys all dressed up are cute as hell.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It's kinda ironic that the Community thread still is in Off-Topic ;(

Acerac

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:

Naw Cad, all of the discussions for stuff that is in the offseason will be moved to community forums the day after the season ends. They're just waiting to move the other similar threads because it takes up a lot of internets to move a forum thread. I'm confident that the other threads that should have obviously joined us based on the reasoning we were given will be moving as soon as the internets have charged back up.
Bufbaf said:
It's kinda ironic that the Community thread still is in Off-Topic ;(
I just wonder about the NFL thread. There season has been over for some time now... and apparently the lockout has been lifted. *Stealth edits*

Nishastra

Banned
Being in Community doesn't really make any difference for me, as I always get here via the subscriptions page anyway :p

This just makes it easier to check how many posts people have, since it'll be way easier to find the actual thread in Community :p

Oh, by the way... Foxix, that "unknown" avatar at the start of the avatar post is one of mine :p

2th
gKPDT.png

Amibguous Cad
gKPDT.png

Ark
r9qDW.png

Bufbaf
3XPfl.png

Captain Fish
t4YbO.png

CHEEZMO™
78Fwi.png

ChuckNoLuck
0JRoY.png

Confused101
R8grd.png

Dai101
tv3Xq.png

Dr. Pangloss
Hu2dl.png

DrForester
6bU0j.png

Firehead
Mda1L.png

Flying_Phoenix
h9Lg9.png

ivedoneyourmom
wMFeG.png

Jintor
IftP4.png

Master Milk
TS3vV.png

mazeedibeedi
YGRUb.png

McNum
Y7Qev.png

n8BitMan
a9oq9.png

NEO0MJ
kc1l8.png

Nishastra
roUnv.png

Odrion
RoZys.png

OMG Aero
KPQ8X.png

Pandaman
2yWTV.png

Pankaks
xUhjX.png

RiccochetJ
gKPDT.png

Steamlord
WJksO.png

ThreeSix
gKPDT.png

Ultimoo
eFm66.png

Zomba13
wmPqG.png

There you go PonyGaf. If there are any spelling mistakes, avatar mix-ups please tell me so I can amend them.

Acerac

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Shouldn't the NFL thread be in here too?
They are recharging the internets so that they can move it. Unfortunately for a thread that large they may need to wait til the next season starts to move it, so it may not ever happen. I'm sure that the NHL and NBA threads will be moved here when their seasons end though. (lololol)

It's cool though, we're not being singled out. We're just the onl... first... ones banis... moved here!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Well, I've finished translating, timing and uploading the subtitles for episode 26. My big, obscure, limited-interest fan project is finally complete.

All subtitles can be found at:

- http://www.mediafire.com/mlp-fim_pt-pt_subs
- http://www.opensubtitles.org
- MPC-HC, SMPlayer and other players' subtitle search functions

For the recorded, and considering all distribution channels, my most downloaded subtitles were the ones for episodes 1 and 9, with 39 downloads each.

If someone here is a native speaker of another language and would like to do their own fansub project, they're welcome to use my files as a starting point and use my timings. I would like to know if you use them, if you don't mind.

What am I going to do now, you ask?

I'm going to Disneyland Ponyville, of course.

Foxix Von

Nishastra said:
Being in Community doesn't really make any difference for me, as I always get here via the subscriptions page anyway :p

This just makes it easier to check how many posts people have, since it'll be way easier to find the actual thread in Community :p

Oh, by the way... Foxix, that "unknown" avatar at the start of the avatar post is one of mine :p
Ha! You finally admit to it!

I'll make the edit once I'm off PSO in a bit :D thanks.

A lot of those are great, but Jintor's Belle Eve is still my favorite. Did he draw that fire or find a source? It matches the drawing so well.

Anyone have wishes for season 2?

I for one would love to see a Gilda redemption episode if time permits. Although I'm not sure how they make an episode like that, that isn't sheepish apologies the whole way through. Maybe she just ends up saving the day through action, and the sheepish apology is just one part.

I know she was a dick to Fluttershy, but her ending was so harsh.
How could you not feel bad after seeing this.

She's also kind of cool.

Captain Fish said:
A lot of those are great, but Jintor's Belle Eve is still my favorite. Did he draw that fire or find a source? It matches the drawing so well.

Anyone have wishes for season 2?

I for one would love to see a Gilda redemption episode if time permits. Although I'm not sure how they make an episode like that, that isn't sheepish apologies the whole way through. Maybe she just ends up saving the day through action, and the sheepish apology is just one part.

I know she was a dick to Fluttershy, but her ending was so harsh.
How could you not feel bad after seeing this.

She's also kind of cool.
The correct answer is Luna's redemption episode. j/k
It would be cool to see a more three dimensional Gilda, but I wont lose sleep for her not being in season 2.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:
We need to have some kind of pony avatar related bet for the Sounders-Timbers game next weekend.

Indeed, but you guys have the advantage of Quest field. (That's where the sounders play right?) I'll think of something.

mazeedibeedi: You are missing pandaman's it had the Zerg icon.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Indeed, but you guys have the advantage of Quest field. (That's where the sounders play right?) I'll think of something.

Given home field advantage, I think it's fair to characterize a tie as a Timbers win. Same deal on the return leg for the Sounders if we do this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom