• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Captain Fish said:
A lot of those are great, but Jintor's Belle Eve is still my favorite. Did he draw that fire or find a source? It matches the drawing so well.

Anyone have wishes for season 2?

I for one would love to see a Gilda redemption episode if time permits. Although I'm not sure how they make an episode like that, that isn't sheepish apologies the whole way through. Maybe she just ends up saving the day through action, and the sheepish apology is just one part.

I know she was a dick to Fluttershy, but her ending was so harsh.
How could you not feel bad after seeing this.

She's also kind of cool.

That's silly, Gilda doesn't have feelings.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Oh hey, we're in the Community area now.

Trying to find this thread was like trying to find my car from the night before.

Christ am I hungover.

RiccochetJ said:

Trying to find this thread was like trying to find my car from the night before.

Christ am I hungover.
Were you using the Belle Eve avatar on Pony Day. If so, which one?

Acerac

Banned
RiccochetJ said:

Christ am I hungover.
The nice thing is now you never have to search OT for a few seconds to find the thread. Just go to community and BAM! Ponies on top!

It's a crying shame about the move, but at least some good has come of it. :)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
mazeedibeedi said:
Were you using the Belle Eve avatar on Pony Day. If so, which one?
I was just using the original Belle. I was going to ask for a Belle with the 2 ferrets from winter wrap up, but our awesome avatar makers were getting slammed with requests and I felt bad.

If a Luna episode wasn't already promised for season 2, that would be first on my wishlist!

Myke Greywolf said:
That's not how you spell Trixie!

Oh man, I hope they don't redeem Trixie. I want her to come back with a bigger ego, but even more power to back it up. Basically if she ever says Trixie without preceeding it with "The Great and Powerful" I'll be disappointed.

Besides, she knows that- wait I'll just do this:

McNum

Oh, so that's why I didn't see the thread in OT. Eh, I'm subscribing to every thread I post in automatically. I'm vain like that. Not getting any emails, though, turned that off.

I'm half tempted to do a very short episode summary for season 1, but I think that's more that I want an excuse for watching all the episodes again.

RiccochetJ said:
I was just using the original Belle. I was going to ask for one with the 2 ferrets from winter wrap up, but our awesome avatar makers were getting slammed with requests and I felt bad.
I added you to the list with your avatar. It's a shame you didn't get your personalised Belle Eve one, all the more reason to get one by season 2.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Captain Fish said:
Oh man, I hope they don't redeem Trixie. I want her to come back with a bigger ego, but even more power to back it up. Basically if she ever says Trixie without preceeding it with "The Great and Powerful" I'll be disappointed.
Yeah, Trixie's too good (and adorable) a villain to be redeemed that easily. But I would love to see her become at least a semi-regular on the show.
Culminating with the shocking revelation of her being Twilight's long lost half-sister.

mj1108

Just got home and saw this thread wasn't on page 1 of OT...so I knew it must have been moved to Community.

I don't see any reason to subscribe. It's on the Community section, so it's not like it'll ever leave page 1.

It rarely, if ever left page 1 of OT.

OMG Aero

McNum said:
Oh, so that's why I didn't see the thread in OT. Eh, I'm subscribing to every thread I post in automatically. I'm vain like that. Not getting any emails, though, turned that off.

I'm half tempted to do a very short episode summary for season 1, but I think that's more that I want an excuse for watching all the episodes again.
If there's enough interest in it, I might be using the Synchtube to do a weekly stream going through season 1 again. That could be your excuse.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
OMG Aero said:
If there's enough interest in it, I might be using the Synchtube to do a weekly stream going through season 1 again. That could be your excuse.
I would be there for that. Yesterday was so much fun and you put on a hell of a presentation!

Darte

Finally watched in glorious HD...

Wouldn't call it the best episode ever but definitely good.

Wasn't too crazy about the song but it had its moments...then again I *just* watched it, maybe it'll sink in after a while like Winter wrap up did (song started playing in my head non stop the next day)

please don't use Angryshy on me!

@potential DVD/BR release: Told you guys!

And now...
s6hpbq.jpg

Time to wait :<

Neki

Oh god, I was looking for the MLP thread in OT, couldn't find it, so I went to Community to look for the MvC3 thread and I saw it in here. :(

Foxix Von

Ultimoo said:
Oh god, I was looking for the MLP thread in OT, couldn't find it, so I went to Community to look for the MvC3 thread and I saw it in here. :(

I wonder how many community gaffers are doing double takes right now looking through the site.

OMG Aero

Darte said:
Wasn't too crazy about the song but it had its moments...then again I *just* watched it, maybe it'll sink in after a while like Winter wrap up did (song started playing in my head non stop the next day)

please don't use Angryshy on me!
As a whole I would probably say Winter Wrap-Up is a bit better than the gala song, but when it gets to Rainbow Dash's part and it goes into rock mode it becomes pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what Eurobeat Brony does with it.
Ultimoo said:
It'd be nice if there was a day's warning about the thread moving. Once it moved the only indication it did for people who don't browse Community was the thread link in the Off-Topic, but since that was no longer getting bumped it slid off the first page really quickly.

Acerac

Banned
OMG Aero said:
It'd be nice if there was a day's warning about the thread moving. Once it moved the only indication it did for people who don't browse Community was the thread link in the Off-Topic, but since that was no longer getting bumped it slid off the first page really quickly.
I like how many people are confused about what happened.

Guys. It wasn't subtle. Be happy they're letting us keep the thread at all.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
As a whole I would probably say Winter Wrap-Up is a bit better than the gala song, but when it gets to Rainbow Dash's part and it goes into rock mode it becomes pretty awesome. I can't wait to see what Eurobeat Brony does with it.
Winter Wrap Up is definitely catchier, but I think At The Gala is, musically speaking, the superior song. There are amazing key, phrase and rhythm variations in there. This makes it harder to memorize the whole song, but upon analysis, it really shines.

Each character has her own beat, key and phrase structure to go with their personalities. I personally think that's friggin' awesome.

- Fluttershy: peaceful, no percussion, all strings. Perfect to start with.
- Applejack: all staccato, xylophone or glockenspiel?
- Rarity: baroque style, minor key
- Rainbow Dash: rock made 20% cooler by horns
- Pinkie Pie: pop beat
- Twilight: flutes, strings and horns

Darte

OMG Aero said:

Yea that was easily the best part of the song I thought as well!

True but I found the thread through the main page. It was the first topic in community lol.

Though I'm wondering, we'll probably end up having OT-2 here in community, would Season 2 thread stay in OT-2 as well or will that end up back in off topic till that season is over?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mazeedibeedi said:
How could I forget pandaman? Do you happen to have his Belle Eve avatar?
2yWTV.png

if i win two more sets in the ign qualifier, my games will be casted and livestreamed. if that happens, im giving ponygaf a shoutout.

Neki

I've been listening to Night of Pony and Pinkie Trigger all day, so good. My two most active threads have been delegated to Community now. :( I also hang out with Fitness-GAF, but I don't post as much in there.

FoxSpirit

CassSept said:
I thought Gala song was better than Winter Wrap-Up, but maybe that's because I wasn't so skeptic this time around.

First time I watched MLP on the big screen and the proper Stereo, song was so much more awesome than on my PC-speakers :p

I didn't see the Pony thread on the first page of OT and immediately knew it had already moved. Considering how slowly Community moves this will probably stay in the first ten threads or so.

KtSlime

Pandaman said:
2yWTV.png

if i win two more sets in the ign qualifier, my games will be casted and livestreamed. if that happens, im giving ponygaf a shoutout.

Awesome, keep up the good fight.

2th said:
enough that we must convert community gaf to PONY gaf

Already done. Normally the Community Forum has probably 70 or so people viewing it at any given time and I have never seen it pass 100 before, right now there are 136 viewers.

OMG Aero

Darte said:
True but I found the thread through the main page. It was the first topic in community lol.

Though I'm wondering, we'll probably end up having OT-2 here in community, would Season 2 thread stay in OT-2 as well or will that end up back in off topic till that season is over?
I'm pretty sure that season 2 would count as 'new news' and would deserve its own thread in off topic regardless of how many posts are in this one.
edit: post 12000
fXtUG.gif

Darte

OMG Aero said:
I'm pretty sure that season 2 would count as 'new news' and would deserve its own thread in off topic regardless of how many posts are in this one.
Thats what I'm hoping for. Need moar converts!

Now that season time is over, I guess its Art time!

Can't let any pony fool you after the last episode!

Daww

Lookin Fly

Not at the GGG? My word!

Dance Derpy Dance!

See you in Season 2 Luna :<

Professor...Twilight?!

Daww

More Daww

Awesome Dash

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
mazeedibeedi said:
Amibguous Cad
gKPDT.png

Ark
r9qDW.png

Bufbaf
3XPfl.png

Captain Fish
t4YbO.png

CHEEZMO™
78Fwi.png

Confused101
R8grd.png

Dai101
tv3Xq.png

Dr. Pangloss
Hu2dl.png

DrForester
6bU0j.png

Firehead
Mda1L.png

Flying_Phoenix
h9Lg9.png

ivedoneyourmom
wMFeG.png

Jintor
IftP4.png

Master Milk
TS3vV.png

mazeedibeedi
YGRUb.png

McNum
Y7Qev.png

n8BitMan
a9oq9.png

NEO0MJ
kc1l8.png

Nishastra
roUnv.png

Odrion
RoZys.png

OMG Aero
KPQ8X.png

Pandaman
2yWTV.png

Pankaks
xUhjX.png

RiccochetJ
gKPDT.png

Steamlord
WJksO.png

Ultimoo
eFm66.png

Zomba13
wmPqG.png

There you go PonyGaf. If there are any spelling mistakes, avatar mix-ups please tell me so I can amend them.

Celestia makes an awesome combo breaker.

careksims

RomanticHeroX said:
I didn't see the Pony thread on the first page of OT and immediately knew it had already moved. Considering how slowly Community moves this will probably stay in the first ten threads or so.

Oh for sure! The herd has invaded!

Neki

Foxix said:
The old twilight one is really cool.
1hugb8.jpg
I hope Twilight never turns out like that. You would think she would use her magic to stay young and eventually overthrow Trollestia.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ultimoo said:
I hope Twilight never turns out like that. You would think she would use her magic to stay young and eventually overthrow Trollestia.
Twilight will be the catalyst for the Equestrian magical science revolution, ushering in a new era of prosperity and enlightenment, turning every pony into a winged unicorn, and causing Celestia and Luna to voluntarily relinquish their functions,

Neki

DrForester said:
Except she isn't a troll. She just enjoys fun practical jokes like RD and Pinkie.
I don't know what you see in Trollestia that you defend her so much. Just admit that she's the biggest troll of Equiestra and all will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom