• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ultimoo said:
I don't know what you see in Trollestia that you defend her so much. Just admit that she's the biggest troll of Equiestra and all will be good.
Because she's nice. I thought she was an evil troll, but she isn't. She keeps all the jerk ponies in Canterlot, so other ponies can be happy. She even keeps the jerk animals ther just so Fluttershy can be happy. How could you dislike that? I don't see the pranks she pulls as any different than what RD and Pinkie do.

Neki

ThreeSix said:
What did I just watch?

Because she's nice. I thought she was an evil troll, but she isn't. She keeps all the jerk ponies in Canterlot, so other ponies can be happy. She even keeps the jerk animals ther just so Fluttershy can be happy. How could you dislike that? I don't see the pranks she pulls as any different than what RD and Pinkie do.
Why doesn't she just educate the jerk ponies so they can all get along, instead of forcing them to leave in Canterlot? Or use her magic to make them better people? She's more like a dictator than anything.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
mazeedibeedi said:
All lies and you know it. Her trollbird was trolling Fluttershy when she was trying to be helpful :(

She didn't make Fluttershy not ask her. And based on Twilights letters, likely assumed Fluttershy knew about Phoenixs.

Neki

DrForester said:
She didn't make Fluttershy not ask her. And based on Twilights letters, likely assumed Fluttershy knew about Phoenixs.
I didn't believe Trollestia existed until the last episode. Hopefully she gets more trolltastic in the second season so you can recognize the folly of your ways.

DrForester said:
Trollestia could've saved her the whole trouble by telling that her sickly looking bird was a Phoenix. Man this is getting un-friendship like.
Pony Hug.

sinxtanx

I decided to give this series another chance since I didn't "get it" when I watched the pilot...

NOW I'M HIGH ON PONIES AND THE SEASON IS OVER

REWATCH

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
sinxtanx said:
I decided to give this series another chance since I didn't "get it" when I watched the pilot...

REWATCH

Welcome to the herd!

Pandaman said:
2yWTV.png

if i win two more sets in the ign qualifier, my games will be casted and livestreamed. if that happens, im giving ponygaf a shoutout.

PANDAMAN HWAITING!

Now that we're in community forums, we need to be sure Starcraft-GAF doesn't cheese us (sneaky bastards).

For the synchtube thing, I think it would be appropriate to do a marathon of all the eps with fan videos inbetween every once in awhile. Possibly we could get a thread in the OT to announce it? Either way we should give it a fw weeks.

EDIT: what's this tournament you're playing in, pandaman?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
sinxtanx said:

REWATCH

Another one bites the dust.

Suffering from Pony withdrawal right now. :( Dammit. Need new ponybeats to keep me sane.

McNum

Celestia doesn't troll, oh no, she plots.

Problem: Crazy sister returning from the Moon, will cause everlasting night. Also misses the not-crazy part of little sister.
Action: "Twilight Sparkle, you need to get some friends. Go help set up my party in Ponyville."
Result: Elements of Harmony restored, Luna redeemed from being Nightmare Moon.

Problem: Grand Galloping Galas are getting boring.
Action: "Here, Twilight, why don't you and your friends come to the Gala?"
Result: PAAAR-TAY! (And property damage! Double win!)

I think what's really Celestia's problem is that she's bored. When you've been the sole regent for a millennium, things could get somewhat dull, even for a goddess. Add to that having the powers of night and day themselves, but having servants insist on doing everything for you, well, you get a lot of spare time. Which is probably why she finds Twilight Sparkle interesting. Twilight has the potential to become magic incarnate, and she even helped redeem Luna. That is probably one of the most interesting young ponies Celestia has seen in several centuries. I'm sure she finds the letter writing amusing, too. Seeing the world through the eyes of a young pony again.

Maybe that's why she has a Phoenix for a pet, too. At least that thing catches fire once in a while. That's always good for a laugh when it catches someone, like Fluttershy, by surprise.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
mazeedibeedi said:
Trollestia could've saved her the whole trouble by telling that her sickly looking bird was a Phoenix. Man this is getting un-friendship like.
Pony Hug.
Again, Celestia might have thought Fluttershy knew what it was, as Twilight has told her how good Fluttershy is with animals.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
McNum said:
Problem: Grand Galloping Galas are getting boring.
Action: "Here, Twilight, why don't you and your friends come to the Gala?"
Result: PAAAR-TAY! (And property damage! Double win!)

With the corollary:

Problem: Twilight should learn something about friendship through the invitation
Action: Send only two tickets!
Result: Twilight returns tickets, learns consequences of not having enough to share, "Only kidding, here are six tickets."

Neki

Myke Greywolf said:
With the corollary:

Problem: Twilight should learn something about friendship through the invitation
Result: Twilight returns tickets, learns consequences of not having enough to share, "Only kidding, here are six tickets."

BUU-BUU-BUT IT WAS A JOKE

Trollestia is a troll, once and for all. I agree with Myke.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
No, Celestia is definitely a bitch. That's why Princess Derpy Hooves has to rise to power.

A vote for Princess Celestia is a vote for oppression.

DrForester said:
Again, Celestia might have thought Fluttershy knew what it was, as Twilight has told her how good Fluttershy is with animals.
Because phoenixes are so common Equestria, let alone PonyVille? I mean yeah Fluttershy is really good with animals, but it wouldn't make sense for Celestia to bring in a sickly under the assumption that Fluttershy would know that it was a Phoenix immediately.

Celestia isn't just a troll, she's an omnipotent being who's grown bored with her post. She's been the god and ruler of Equestria for centuries and has become disenchanted with the ponies. She's taken Twilight under her wing and sent her to Ponyville because she's an anomaly. Crashing the gala, planting a dying phoenix and probably even releasing Luna, all of this was done just to watch the mortal ponies' reaction. Twilight and her friends are probably the only thing stopping Celestia destroying the world and building a new one.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Regulus Tera said:
No, Celestia is definitely a bitch. That's why Princess Derpy Hooves has to rise to power.

A vote for Princess Celestia is a vote for oppression.
You need to come in for a re-education about our glorious leader. Don't worry, you will be returned to your family. I promise.

McNum

Myke Greywolf said:
With the corollary:

And one for Spike. (Who most definitely did not want to go to such a silly girly gala. At least not when anyone was looking.)

That, by the way, is the moment the show winks at the adult male fans and says "It's okay. You can like this."

Celestia is good at plotting. Really good. I wouldn't be surprised if that's been a hobby of hers for a long while now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
RiccochetJ said:
You need to come in for a re-education about our glorious leader. Don't worry, you will be returned to your family. I promise.

Will we make a trip to the glue factory too? I've heard great stuff.

CassSept

To Trollestia all ponies are nothing more than her subjects. Seriously, if you had an entire race under your command for a thousand years wouldn't you just want to fuck with others just to see their reaction?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Regulus Tera said:
Will we make a trip to the glue factory too? I've heard great stuff.
Of course! And there will be cupcakes too! But this whole thing is a secret, so be sure to bring a blindfold :)

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Ponyvill is a mess, and Celestria know that. It's an outside town and can't get a thing done right. She couldn't find a way to get rid of the town without looking like a complete dictator.

That was until a probable force of potential that could out do her came along, Twilight Sparkle... Already young and full of potential, Celestria had to carefully watch under her.

Over time, she learned of a way to kill 2 birds with one stone. Send Twilight to Ponyvill, and showcase what a horrible place it is. The Ponies of Equestria have seen what harm these ponies from Ponyvill are capable of due to the Galla.

Celestria is making sure the mess that is Ponyvill is out and open, so she doesn't look bad when she does banish the town including the possible future threat of Twilight or what have you.

Best Grand Galloping Galla indeed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How are Celestia pranks different from RD and Pinkie pranks, outside being more thought out and elaborate (due to celestia being a more seasoned prankster)?

Neki

DrForester said:
How are Celestia pranks different from RD and Pinie pranks, outside being more thought out and elaborate (due to celestia being a more seasoned prankster)?
Because a) RD and Pinkie Pie are innocent young ponies and b) Trollestia tries to pass it off as not trolling, when she clearly is. She'll just laugh it off and pass it off as a "valuable" lesson. She should know better, she is a thousand years old. The pranks RD and PP pull off aren't even as bad as Trollestia's either.

Ultimoo said:
Because a) RD and Pinkie Pie are innocent young ponies and b) Trollestia tries to pass it off as not trolling, when she clearly is. She'll just laugh it off and pass it off as a "valuable" lesson. She should know better, she is a thousand years old. The pranks RD and PP pull off aren't even as bad as Trollestia's either.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
How are Celestia pranks different from RD and Pinie pranks, outside being more thought out and elaborate (due to celestia being a more seasoned prankster)?

Of course how else could she come up with a plan to make the ponies completely miserable on the big night as well as fuck up everything for the snobby ponies. Also she ruined their reputations.

Next up bringing a drought to kill off Apple Jack's farm, the shock will kill granny smith. Big Mac and AJ and Apple Bloom's lives are ruined.

Pinkie Pie's shop goes out of business due to rumors of excessive baked bad scenarios

The animals dissappear from the forest, making fluttershy go mad, she is still missing nobody knows if she went missing in the everfree forest or not.

Rarity's Jewels are found to be fake, her business ruined.

Spike hears rumor of Rarity hating him and never wanting to see him, suicide follows.

Twilight is called back to canterlot, and then framed for dark magic usings.

Rainbow Dash does another sonic rainboom...but seems to completely disintegrate her into thin air when it happens.

Celestia is the Pegasus of My little Pony. But less flamboyant

OMG Aero

Amibguous Cad said:
For the synchtube thing, I think it would be appropriate to do a marathon of all the eps with fan videos inbetween every once in awhile. Possibly we could get a thread in the OT to announce it? Either way we should give it a fw weeks.
You do realise that a marathon of all the episodes would last over 8 and a half hours right? And that's without fan videos. I don't have anything against it if people want to watch that, but even I think 8 hours of pony is a bit much.
G-Fex said:
No silly, she's a unicorn pegasus!
aGGVB.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:
Of course how else could she come up with a plan to make the ponies completely miserable on the big night as well as fuck up everything for the snobby ponies. Also she ruined their reputations.

Next up bringing a drought to kill off Apple Jack's farm, the shock will kill granny smith. Big Mac and AJ and Apple Bloom's lives are ruined.

Pinkie Pie's shop goes out of business due to rumors of excessive baked bad scenarios

The animals dissappear from the forest, making fluttershy go mad, she is still missing nobody knows if she went missing in the everfree forest or not.

Rarity's Jewels are found to be fake, her business ruined.

Spike hears rumor of Rarity hating him and never wanting to see him, suicide follows.

Twilight is called back to canterlot, and then framed for dark magic usings.

Rainbow Dash does another sonic rainboom...but seems to completely disintegrate her into thin air when it happens.

See its all this grimdark stuff that makes me see how good Celestia really is. Its gotten out of hand.

Likewise I'll be less dark when talking about Pinkie.

G-Fex

OMG Aero said:
You do realise that a marathon of all the episodes would last over 8 and a half hours right? And that's without fan videos. I don't have anything against it if people want to watch that, but even I think 8 hours of pony is a bit much.

aGGVB.png

Ok she's a unicorn pegasus, and Gilda and trixie are the merrick and bakura of the series

OMG Aero said:

aGGVB.png

The idea is that it would be a day-long thing that people would drop in and out of. I doubt we'd get anyone to stay for the whole thing, but on the bright side, anyone can jump in at almost any time, watch for an hour or two, and drop out. No scheduling needed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Like I said before, seems like ponies are speciesists. And its fans too! I bet some of them even think the bison are evil!

G-Fex

mazeedibeedi said:
It is I uh.....m..Malik Blishtar

McNum said:
Zork and Pals: Friendship is Card Games?

Shame that Zork and pals show got cancelled

And no Derpy can't beat gummy cause well Derpy would only have win you know cause one eye is staring at gummy the other at the sky.

So that means Derpy could have a double staring contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom