• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Damn it. How can anyone forget this delivery:

Rarity: Don't come in! We're getting dressed!
AJ: Uh, Rarity, we usually don't wear clothes.

Got me cracked for a while

G-Fex

Dai101 said:

Spike will do anything for a peek

Neki

Dai101 said:

MLP encouraging nudity among it's viewers.

G-Fex

That reminds me of the line from TMNT 3 where the bad guy goes "Those are impressive costumes" and the turtles go "Dude we're naked."

Oh my god now I have to wash the memories of TMNT 3 away

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Summer without ponies won't be all bad.

k4f9rk.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
See its all this grimdark stuff that makes me see how good Celestia really is. Its gotten out of hand.

Likewise I'll be less dark when talking about Pinkie.
My take on Celestia is: She is not a troll. She doesn't do things just for kicks. She always has a plan, and she is a master manipulator, albeit a benevolent one. With her experience, playing the Batman Gambit is as natural to her as playing with a game controller is to any one of us. She doesn't wish for anypony's harm or inconvenience in the long term, she's just the standard bearer for tough love: "You need to learn this, but I'm not the one who's going to teach you. Instead, I'll make it so that you learn it by your own means. Now deal with it."

As RomanticHeroX pointed out, she probably is bored with her post, and may be planning to buck the status quo now that her younger sister is back. Equestrian high society has become clearly decadent, and she used her star student and her countryside friends to teach the aristocracy the first of her lessons: that complacency and the illusion of control, in the long run, lead only to inevitable ruin, when confronted with unpredictable outside factors.

She is an awesome character: benevolent and motherly, but sly as a fox.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
My take on Celestia is: She is not a troll. She doesn't do things just for kicks. She always has a plan, and she is a master manipulator, albeit a benevolent one. With her experience, playing the Batman Gambit is as natural to her as playing with a game controller is to any one of us. She doesn't wish for anypony's harm or inconvenience in the long term, she's just the standard bearer for tough love: "You need to learn this, but I'm not the one who's going to teach you. Instead, I'll make it so that you learn it by your own means. Now deal with it."

As RomanticHeroX pointed out, she probably is bored with her post, and may be planning to buck the status quo now that her younger sister is back. Equestrian high society has become clearly decadent, and she used her star student and her countryside friends to teach the aristocracy the first of her lessons: that complacency and the illusion of control, in the long run, lead only to inevitable ruin, when confronted with unpredictable outside factors.

She is an awesome character: benevolent and motherly, but sly as a fox.

So Celestial is Holo. I like that analogy.

Edit: Actually that doesn't work. Holo actually does screw with people for the enjoyment of screwing with people.

Captain Fish said:
This is true. Especially when she uses cartoon logic. That's why she normally just hops everywhere, she's one with the PinkieForce.
Pinkie is Equestria remember? She can mess with the laws of physics for her own doing.

Neki

Plot twist would be that Pinkie is actually the princess of Equestria and Trollestia is a just a puppet dictator. Would make sense.

G-Fex

No you're all wrong it's obvious the only super race of ponies get to be someone important

super race is the tall ponies with long legs. I.E. Celestia.

e_i

Fluttershy
going apeshit
is the highlight of the episode. "Come OUT!" "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!" Plus, she tried eating a squrriel, which is hilarious
okay, maybe not
. Fluttershy is now my favorite pony. Pinkie Pie is number 2.

Oh, yeah...Celestia is such a troll. She knew
the girls would fuck shit up
and SHE ENJOYED IT.

ThreeSix said:
Dear Lauren Faust,

Today we learned that you were capable of making an amazing whole season of MLP. We also have a mascot pony that we "Belle Eve" would be awesome to have in a background role in one of the second season's episodes. Please review the attached artwork for reference.

Your most faithful viewers,
PonyGAF
brb gonna spam Lauren's email with this.

mj1108

ThreeSix said:
Dear Lauren Faust,

Today we learned that you were capable of making an amazing whole season of MLP. We also have a mascot pony that we "Belle Eve" would be awesome to have in a background role in one of the second season's episodes. Please review the attached artwork for reference.

Your most faithful viewers,
PonyGAF

We really should try to get this to Lauren and point her here. Maybe...just maybe Belle Eve could be put in as a background pony for PonyGAF. What do we have to lose by trying?

Ark

mj1108 said:
We really should try to get this to Lauren and point her here. Maybe...just maybe Belle Eve could be put in as a background pony for PonyGAF. What do we have to lose by trying?

Someone definitely needs to post this on her DeviantArt or get in contact with her via other means.

Darte

mj1108 said:

As much as I'd love to see this happen, it won't :/ Theres way too many legal repercussions to consider.
Heck, even legal repercussions prevent the writers (including Faust) from reading any fanfics even posted since it might end up influencing them creating a whole set of problems.

Darte said:
As much as I'd love to see this happen, it won't :/ Theres way too many legal repercussions to consider.
Heck, even legal repercussions prevent the writers (including Faust) from reading any fanfics even posted since it might end up influencing them creating a whole set of problems.
Aww :(
Thats a shame. What if they hold a contest for this sort of thing? Then we should definitely enter Belle Eve.
Disclaimer: There isn't a contest its just speculation.

The edges of these look depressingly soft. The macroblocking on the encode makes this very frustrating to do properly if the original is on a very busy background. :(
aCyIL.png
tKOLr.png
8K3XW.png
ipk1d.png
b5s46.png
ujoMJ.png

And an angry bonus:
sMOcT.png

Dai101

Banned
Darte said:

You're are rigth. But i have to applaud the whole staff for letting Derpy beign, well, Derpy. Since her aknowledge for the staff, all her apperances portray her with walled eyes.

2th

Banned
mj1108 said:

the best is that mr Joseco (the artist for Belle Eve) actually renamed the image on DA to Belle Eve. Fucking awesome!

oh and this is a great idea. Just have to get mr Joseco on board for it. and if Belle Eve showed up in Season 2 GAF in general could not ignore us and our pony love!

OMG Aero

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Seriously though, that's too many clones. We should come up with a feasible roster.

Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack
The Cutie Mark Crusaders (think Pokémon Trainer)
Gilda
Trixie
Doctor Whoof
Derpy Hooves
Zecora
Brayburn or whatever
Spike
One of the Diamond Dogs (did they have names?)
EDIT: Snips and/or Snails!

Celestia and Nightmare Moon would be the bosses. Belle Eve would be a secret character.

Actually, wasn't someone here making a MLP flash game? He should work on this after that.

Snaku

Banned
Just caught The Best Night Ever. Pretty good episode, and once again the best part was the pony psychotic breakdown of the week. Fluttershy's only second to Pinkie in that regard. Can't wait to see Derpy lose it, hopefully next season.

Does anyone else find it weird that Luna was nowhere to be seen at the social gathering of the year? I know she's going to be featured in at least one episode next season, but Derpy has gotten more screen time at this point. What's the deal? Does Trollestia have her locked up in some tower?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Snaku said:
Just caught The Best Night Ever. Pretty good episode, and once again the best part was the pony psychotic breakdown of the week. Fluttershy's only second to Pinkie in that regard. Can't wait to see Derpy lose it, hopefully next season.

Does anyone else find it weird that Luna was nowhere to be seen at the social gathering of the year? I know she's going to be featured in at least one episode next season, but Derpy has gotten more screen time at this point. What's the deal? Does Trollestia have her locked up in some tower?

Already explained. Celestia was keeping her away from the Jerk ponies.

Darte

Dai101 said:
You're are rigth. But i have to applaud the whole staff for letting Derpy beign, well, Derpy. Since her aknowledge for the staff, all her apperances portray her with walled eyes.

Well derpy was always known as....nothing (I think unless ditzy doo is her name from the winter wrap up reference). The fans noticed this derp-eyed pegasus in the background and gave her a fitting name. Since the character was already established, the name could be anything and not cross that legal boundary since names aren't exactly copyrightable to an extent.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Faust has said apparently that she may assign Derpy design to Dittzy Doo since we never see her, but is mentioned. And it's an appropriate name.

Dai101

Banned
Snaku said:

Nah. I bet she was in her room playing in Xbox live. The GGG sucks anyway (even Celestia acknowledges this), i'd do the same thing in her place

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It was about a month and a half ago when my first ferret passed due to cancer. It was really hard on me and just having this community here made me feel better.

I just got back from the vet today and my Sabrina has been diagnosed with the same thing her brother had. It took about 4 months from diagnosis to watching him waste away until he finally passed.

It killed me hearing that diagnosis because this time I know what I'm in for. But I also felt ok because I know that this place is here and I experienced no snark, but people willing to go out of their way to provide things such as the awesome Pinkie tuba gif that Foxix made for me.

Sentimental, I know; but all of you being here makes me feel better if that makes any sense.

Sorry for the rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom