• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
RiccochetJ said:
It was about a month and a half ago when my first ferret passed due to cancer. It was really hard on me and just having this community here made me feel better.

I just got back from the vet today and my Sabrina has been diagnosed with the same thing her brother had. It took about 4 months from diagnosis to watching him waste away until he finally passed.

It killed me hearing that diagnosis because this time I know what I'm in for. But I also felt ok because I know that this place is here and I experienced no snark, but people willing to go out of their way to provide things such as the awesome Pinkie tuba gif that Foxix made for me.

Sentimental, I know; but all of you being here makes me feel better if that makes any sense.

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to hear about Sabrina. :( PonyGAF will always be here.

mj1108

Darte said:
As much as I'd love to see this happen, it won't :/ Theres way too many legal repercussions to consider.
Heck, even legal repercussions prevent the writers (including Faust) from reading any fanfics even posted since it might end up influencing them creating a whole set of problems.

As much as I'm afraid you're right, I still think we need to at least try even if it was just sending a link to the post with the pony image.

McNum

The best we can hope for if there's to be a PonyGAF reference is a grey pony with a spikey orange mane. Belle Eve is a little too specific, not to mention uses the NeoGAF logo for a cutie mark, which most definitely is a no-no.

KtSlime

RiccochetJ said:
It was about a month and a half ago when my first ferret passed due to cancer. It was really hard on me and just having this community here made me feel better.

I just got back from the vet today and my Sabrina has been diagnosed with the same thing her brother had. It took about 4 months from diagnosis to watching him waste away until he finally passed.

It killed me hearing that diagnosis because this time I know what I'm in for. But I also felt ok because I know that this place is here and I experienced no snark, but people willing to go out of their way to provide things such as the awesome Pinkie tuba gif that Foxix made for me.

Sentimental, I know; but all of you being here makes me feel better if that makes any sense.

Sorry for the rant.

No need to apologize. I'm sorry to hear about Sabrina, and I hope that at least she goes with little discomfort. If you need anything, let us know, and keep us informed.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
McNum said:
The best we can hope for if there's to be a PonyGAF reference is a grey pony with a spikey orange mane. Belle Eve is a little too specific, not to mention uses the NeoGAF logo for a cutie mark, which most definitely is a no-no.
Are they trademarked? Could be used under fair use. If anything they could call EviLore and ask permission. Personally I would love to see a Belle reference in S2.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Figured I should ask first, would it acceptable to post a torrent of season 1 here? Or is that not allowed?

KtSlime

Pankaks said:
Figured I should ask first, would it acceptable to post a torrent of season 1 here? Or is that not allowed?

That would be a negative. We are avoiding posting direct links to youtube as well.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ivedoneyourmom said:
That would be a negative. We are avoiding posting direct links to youtube as well.

Alrighty, thanks for letting me know.

OMG Aero

RiccochetJ said:
Are they trademarked? Could be used under fair use. If anything they could call EviLore and ask permission. Personally I would love to see a Belle reference in S2.
At that point, it would be a lot of effort just for a short cameo. If anything, all we would get is a pony with the same colours, and even that would be a stretch.
Pankaks said:
No that's not allowed.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ivedoneyourmom said:
No need to apologize. I'm sorry to hear about Sabrina, and I hope that at least she goes with little discomfort. If you need anything, let us know, and keep us informed.
Just keep being 20% cooler than all the other threads on GAF. Just wanted to show my appreciation for the show and PonyGaf :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pankaks said:

We honestly have gotten away with more than most threads as far as posting stuff, but I wouldn't push it. People know where to get the stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ninj4junpei said:
Since when and why is this in the Community forum? I guess the mods want it to die.

If we die we'll come back stronger for the second season.

It was moved because there will be no more episodes til December.

If the show even hinted at allowing suggestions for background characters, I can't begin to imagine what a flood of legal nightmares that would ensue. And it's not like Belle Eve really blends in with a crowd, either.

Anyway, Saturday night Scootaloo!

Pancakes

ninj4junpei said:
Since when and why is this in the Community forum? I guess the mods want it to die.

Pony-GAF can never die, we can only come back stronger.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ninj4junpei said:
All that will happen is that the Community section of GAF will become very busy. We didn't come here to die. We came here to LIVE.

Dai101

Banned
Ultimoo said:
PonyGAF is too active for OT, that's why. D:

vLzYB.jpg

Pancakes

Darte said:
Anyone remember what episode this is from? Been thinking of doing a music video once the semester ends and was thinking this would make a good intro

I think it's from Dragonshy, when Fluttershy is scolding the dragon.

Flexo

Neo Member
I'm sorry this had to be my first post:

http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/40428056/

And now I suppose it’s finally time for me to deliver some unfortunate news. I’ve been uncertain for a little while now about how, when and, to be honest, whether to announce the news at all. But here it is: I am no longer working on the show. Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series. I don’t think I can accurately express how difficult and painful the decision was and still is. When Season 2 begins, you will see my credit changed from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. My involvement in Season 2 ultimately does not reach far beyond story conception and scripts. A little more involved in the beginning, and a little less towards the end.

However, you should be pleased to know that the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever, though perhaps in a slightly different way.

With that said, I hope you will still be interested in sticking around my DA page. I started this page as a forum to share my personal work and I hope that those of you who come here lured by ponies will be tempted to hang out for whatever else I have to share in the future---- as soon as I figure out what that will be!!

With sincerest gratitude,
Lauren

and then the internet exploded

Re-quoted for new page

Lauren Faust said:
And now I suppose it’s finally time for me to deliver some unfortunate news. I’ve been uncertain for a little while now about how, when and, to be honest, whether to announce the news at all. But here it is: I am no longer working on the show. Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series. I don’t think I can accurately express how difficult and painful the decision was and still is. When Season 2 begins, you will see my credit changed from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. My involvement in Season 2 ultimately does not reach far beyond story conception and scripts. A little more involved in the beginning, and a little less towards the end.

However, you should be pleased to know that the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever, though perhaps in a slightly different way.

With that said, I hope you will still be interested in sticking around my DA page. I started this page as a forum to share my personal work and I hope that those of you who come here lured by ponies will be tempted to hang out for whatever else I have to share in the future---- as soon as I figure out what that will be!!

With sincerest gratitude,
Lauren

http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/

Bt9mJ.jpg

7u8ny.jpg

Flexo

Neo Member
It gives me an uneasy feeling

And now rant time from some newbie nobody knows

When Craig left Powerpuff Girls after the movie, the show had a noticeable drop in quality. Some of the same directors and writers stayed on the show, but it was obvious the show was never the same... Hell, even Lauren Faust herself was still working on the show as a writer, but the show still was pretty bad. Long, stretched out dialouge sequences. Less focus on action. More focus on cheap sitcom-like gags/potty humor, yada yada yada...

Genndy left Dexter, Hillenburg and Drymon left Spongebob... It's not a particularly good sign to see the creative control of a show leave.

My question is: Who will take over the executive producer position? Rob Renzetti was the story editor for season 1, so I'm hoping it's him. Along with his great track record at Cartoon Network, he was also the creator of My Life as a Teenage Robot over at Nick. I thought it was a great show, and I sure wouldn't mind seeing him pulling the reigns on some pony...

I'm wondering if Hasbro gave her so much trouble that she decided to fold? It's hard to tell from her entry exactly what happened...

She mentions the same writers and directors will be behind the show for the second season, and other people who work on the show have said that season 2 is going to be "amped up" and the "best yet", but I'm still worried.

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but she was the heart and soul around the show. I'm just hoping whoever takes creative control over FIM will have enough soul to tackle Hasbro as she did and keep this show on the right track. IMO, there really has never been such an entertaining show like this intended at such a young audience AND the female market. It has been truly "revolutionary" in that regard.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Foxix said:
Maybe you can but I'm already sharpening my dull razor blades.

:(
the rest of the staff have wandered around ponychan and the like too, they all seem like fairly capable people. i trust them.

---

kPOkO.png

Ugh, is this like a "Hasbro wants to control the content more so I'm out" thing? If season 2 is just vapid toy shilling I'll be sincerely bummed out. I'm kinda hoping it's changes in Lauren's personal life that caused the shift.

This season really swung for the fences, and "Party of One" probably shows how far they went to make the best cartoon they could. If season two is a bunch of softballs I'll be severely disappointed.

I have faith in the remaining members of the team to direct, write and animate quality material. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, and give the next season a chance, just like we gave the series a chance.

KtSlime

I'll give the new season a shot. Hopefully one of the female writers is able to fair, and I do like Renzetti's work, so if he is still on the show it should be okay.
I do wonder why Faust left, maybe she will tell us in the future, or maybe I'll have to visit her at ECC or something and ask.

Lol, okie doki loki.

Flexo

Neo Member
Captain Fish said:
Ugh, is this like a "Hasbro wants to control the content more so I'm out" thing?
This may be the case.

Note Lauren states:
Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series

I would love to know exactly what these "circumstances" were during production, and I'm hoping it wasn't the suit and tie folks at Hasbro that were meddling through her ears that do not have a clue how to cartoon make...

Judging by some statements made by the series' director recently and a few animators that work on the show, they did not sound too worried. In fact, they seemed to indicate that season 2 may be a "step up"

I hope they're right.

KtSlime

Flexo, welcome to PonyGAF. Thank you for the news even if it wasn't favorable.

We'll give the new episodes a go and if we don't like it we can look back at the Faust episodes and reminisce about their awesomeness while continuing our own ponyverse.

Jintor

For anybody who thinks they might have trouble keeping tabs on PonyGAF during our stint in the community subforums, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you of the 'subscribe' feature built into the forums. Just hit thread tools and add it to your subscriptions list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom