• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Bufbaf said:
Never stop
QwIU9.png

On a similar note, I was watching At the Gala again because I had it stuck in my head and saw some shots at the end that I thought might make good avatars if anyone is still looking for one.
d5l5n.jpg
CUDCw.jpg
1UMHm.jpg
UFkU6.jpg
nOr0d.jpg
Sqt5y.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
Never stop
QwIU9.png

On a similar note, I was watching At the Gala again because I had it stuck in my head and saw some shots at the end that I thought might make good avatars if anyone is still looking for one.

I'll take this one :D
edit wait, I don't. I'd miss RD. And her transparency. I'll keep waiting for the perfect Pinkie avatar ^^

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, TAA, you are quick :lol

ninja edit: Those letters are amazing. The Fandom is amazing. I'm happy now, even if the reason for that blog entry is kind of a sad one.

OMG Aero

Bufbaf said:
I'll take this one :D
edit wait, I don't. I'd miss RD. And his transparency. I'll keep waiting for the perfect Pinkie avatar ^^
I can have a go at making whichever one you liked transparent if that was the deal breaker.
also wat

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
I can have a go at making whichever one you liked transparent if that was the deal breaker.
also wat

:D

Nah, it's okay :) Skateboard Dash earned a few more weeks. Maybe later I'll try to make a fancy Pinkie avatar from the episode's beginning, the trampoline stuff :)
Now it's bed time over here! See y'all tomorrow, everypony!

edit: Oh THAT wat! Didn't even notice that oO

Ark said:
I do however, have one request if you happen to read this. PonyGAF (The NeoGAF forums My Little Pony community) has a pony that was drawn up as a piece of fan art, and it would be spectacularly brilliant if you could encourage the remaining team to give ‘Belle Eve’ a cameo appearance in the second season.
Hahaha. I'm glad my wishful thinking came across to you guys.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The_Author's_Apprentice said:
Thanks, Myke, that means a lot to me. You were one of the people who encouraged me when I first started blogging about ponies, and I'm so grateful that you did.
*brohoof*
I feel flattered that you see me as having had such an influence in the manifestation of your fandom, specially as I've gotten used to see myself as one of the most invisible posters in this thread, despite having one of the highest post counts. Therefore, and notwithstanding the fact that ponies might be one of the few things we have in common, your thanks mean a lot to me too. Thanks.

I need some focus for my fan efforts. Does someone have a fan art request I can pick up?

No problem!
As far as getting Lauren to read 'em, I guess the best we can do is share the link on her deviantArt page. I've already left a comment there, but if anyone else wants to do the same it might help get her attention.
Do you mind if I send this to Equestria Daily? I don't have a DA account.
If so, then I'm gonna give you full credit for it and should I include your email?
Edit: just to clarify, by this I mean your blogpage with the letters.
Ark said:
Haha, it was a brilliant idea and I'm behind it all the way.
Thanks, I feel more appreciated now :)
Are you really living in the UK?

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
Are you really living in the UK?

Not unless anything has changed in the last 30 seconds.

I've been following the series through pINKiepie's HD uploads on YouTube, no watermark or adverts.

mazeedibeedi said:
Do you mind if I send this to Equestria Daily? I don't have a DA account.
If so, then I'm gonna give you full credit for it and should I include your email?
Edit: just to clarify, by this I mean your blogpage with the letters.

Do I mind?! That would be absolutely awesome! Thank you so much, mazeedi!
Go ahead and include my email, that's a good idea.
Thanks again, man. :D

Ark said:
Not unless anything has changed in the last 30 seconds.

I've been following the series through pINKiepie's HD uploads on YouTube, no watermark or adverts.
Cool. I'm in the UK too, except I got no TV.
I usually just watch the justin.tv livestream anyway, but seeing as the SynchTube party was a hit I'm more inclined to wait for the youtube vid.

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
Cool. I'm in the UK too, except I got no TV.
I usually just watch the justin.tv livestream anyway, but seeing as the SynchTube party was a hit I'm more inclined to wait for the youtube vid.

You have no TV? Refuse to pay the licence fee?

The SynchTube party was incredible, probably one of the most awesome internet things I've experienced in some time. I certainly hope that someone does the same thing for every episode during season 2.

Do I mind?! That would be absolutely awesome! Thank you so much, mazeedi!
Go ahead and include my email, that's a good idea.
Thanks again, man. :D
Alright, I just sent them an email. I hope they update soon.
Man I'm giddy about this :D

Ark said:

The SynchTube party was incredible, probably one of the most awesome internet things I've experienced in some time. I certainly hope that someone does the same thing for every episode during season 2.
Well, more like I'm in a tiny room in my university's residential halls, so a TV wouldn't fit.
If Aero goes with the idea of airing all the episodes weekly, then this will help ease us into season 2.
Edit: sorry for double posting

Ark

mazeedibeedi said:
Well, more like I'm in a tiny room in my university's residential halls, so a TV wouldn't fit.
If Aero goes with the idea of airing all the episodes weekly, then this will help ease us into season 2.
Edit: sorry for double posting

Ah ok that makes sense.

I posted the link on Lauren's DA page as well :)

OMG Aero

Ark said:

Oh you can count on me doing a Synchtube party for all of season 2, it was way too much fun to stop at one episode.

tiff

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Oh you can count on me doing a Synchtube party for all of season 2, it was way too much fun to stop at one episode.
Speaking of which, wasn't there a cap on how many people could be in one party at a time? How did you handle that again? Did you just split it up?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There was a group doing an all day marathon on Saturday with a 100 person cap on their room. Might want to email someone at synchtube next season and ask.

I feel for you guys across the pond that decide to stay up for the synctube. Use to wake up at 3 am in the morning here in the states to raid with an aussie guild in WoW. Was my first mmo and the most fun I have had in a game ever. I hated missing out on my sleep and my work performance did suffer some of the consequences, but man was it worth it. At least you guys only have to do it one night a week and on a Friday/Saturday. It was fun and hope to do it again.

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
Speaking of which, wasn't there a cap on how many people could be in one party at a time? How did you handle that again? Did you just split it up?
Yeah, we had two rooms. Although it seemed as though we had more than 50 people in the main room for a long time...

Dai101

Banned
Ark said:

Yup. Watching anything this way is much more fun and amazing than do it in all forever alone. I used to visit a livestream channel from a very nice guy who lived in Denmark and once a week for 8 hours and sometimes more (and sometimes even 2 or 3 times a week!) he played bad shows/animation of the 80s, 90's and even 70's or movies that were poor done or with gapping plotholes, bad writting or complete senseless or just for nostalgia sake, also he used to add stock sound effects (you know, like those classic "ba dum tshh" or the "wah wah waaaah") or even some random song to the context of the scene and other weird stuff. The channel and the community was (or is) called "THE BIRDHOUSE".

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Lauren left an additional clarification on her DA page:

*clarification: Story concepts and writers' meetings were completed several weeks ago, so my role is complete. I am not working on this show in any capacity at this time. Sorry for the confusion. While I'm at it, folks are asking if I left to work on another show. This is not the case. I had no other projects in the works when I stepped down.

So, she left with no prospects. Strange, strange stuff.

Ikael

I have just catched up with the news about Faust's resignation. As much as the other staff members are claiming that the second season is going to be awesome, I have a bad feeling about this. It really sounds as if Hasbro is meddling with the creative process, which is something that NEVER ends well for this type of shows. The "now we are going to entertain you in a different way" part really creeps me the bejeesus out of me. It all points out to drastic changes being made on the show on the behalf of Hasbro, but God, I have never hoped so much to be wrong.

Anyway, will write a letter to Faust for sure in order to appreciate her great work :) one of the very rare shows that was able to uplift my mood

And in another note: holy crap @ the MLP videogame:

http://kreoss.deviantart.com/#/d38gzqu

o_O I want to play this so much it hurts

OMG Aero

tiff said:
Yeah, I'm still confused what happened with that. Once the room hit 50 people I opened a second one and directed people there but there were probably only 6 or 7 people in that room watching the show. Meanwhile, the viewer count for the first room was around 58 for most of the episode. So I'm not sure whether those extra 8 people could watch the video fine and just couldn't chat, or whether they could do everything that everyone else could.

DrForester said:
There was a group doing an all day marathon on Saturday with a 100 person cap on their room. Might want to email someone at synchtube next season and ask.
Did it actually say on the page they had a 100 person cap, or was that just the number of viewers in the chat box? I'm starting to think that maybe the 50 person cap is actually the number of people that can be in the chat, not the number of people that can watch the video.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
I honestly wonder if the fandom was creeping her out.
Doubtful. I'm sure her and Craig have seen plenty of creepy stuff come from their creations in the past. I'm with the group that believes it was due to the direction the show was going and how Hasbro probably thought it wasn't marketable enough.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
I honestly wonder if the fandom was creeping her out.
This has honestly passed through my mind. Her "thank you" message doesn't reveal such a feeling, but there is the fact that such a decision must have been made several weeks ago. Wasn't there an instance of a death threat, or something like that?

Edit: looked up on that last part, and the threats were actually made by 4chan anti-pony trolls during the height of the 4chan pony wars.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Yeah, I'm still confused what happened with that. Once the room hit 50 people I opened a second one and directed people there but there were probably only 6 or 7 people in that room watching the show. Meanwhile, the viewer count for the first room was around 58 for most of the episode. So I'm not sure whether those extra 8 people could watch the video fine and just couldn't chat, or whether they could do everything that everyone else could.

Did it actually say on the page they had a 100 person cap, or was that just the number of viewers in the chat box? I'm starting to think that maybe the 50 person cap is actually the number of people that can be in the chat, not the number of people that can watch the video.

There were 100 at one point in the chat box.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ikael said:
I have just catched up with the news about Faust's resignation. As much as the other staff members are claiming that the second season is going to be awesome, I have a bad feeling about this. It really sounds as if Hasbro is meddling with the creative process, which is something that NEVER ends well for this type of shows. The "now we are going to entertain you in a different way" part really creeps me the bejeesus out of me. It all points out to drastic changes being made on the show on the behalf of Hasbro, but God, I have never hoped so much to be wrong.

I think most of us have at least a slightly bad feeling about this whole thing and rightfully so. We can speculate a lot about what season 2 will bring, but we likely won't know anything for sure until episode one.

I also remember Lauren posting about reading /co/ in real time, basically encouraging them. I don't think she'd do that if she thought the fandom was creepy.

Nishastra

Banned
Ikael said:
It really sounds as if Hasbro is meddling with the creative process, which is something that NEVER ends well for this type of shows.
I find that hard to believe based on what she had said about the working relationship with Hasbro previously.

Namely that their only demands were some general themes and putting specific pre-existing ponies into episodes in some way.

From the sounds of it, she was unable to keep up with the production for some reason. I can hardly speculate as to why, though...

Edit:
mj1108 said:
This might explain Lauren's decision....on her Facebook profile there is a picture of a sonogram. Wonder if she's expecting?

http://www.facebook.com/lauren.faust
I suppose that could be a reason.

Darte

Honestly, Faust laid the groundwork for this series. While I was definitely bummed out at her leaving at first, but as long as the core cast/writers remain, I think this show will remain good. Just hope outsourcing the animation to the other studio won't have much of an impact on the animation as that was one of the things that made me curious about watching this show at first.

Anywhos...
Art timmee!

I lolled at hipster gilda

Nice Luna artwork

Partying it up at the gala

Daww

She's an evil enchantress...Not sure about evil dances though...

The reason why Luna was a no show at the gala

Awww

Sol et Luna

LOVE MEEEEEEEeeeee :<

LOVE MEEEEEEEeeeee RAWR!

High Class Rogue

Samus Derpy

Pinkie and Al

Whats with derpy and wanting to empty out fridges?!

Oh god Derpy is teaching physics, run!

I really hope we have an episode where Spike turns into a pony just to see the hijinks that'll happen

Hah! Raiders of the lost mark

Trollestia is shocked that you made her into a tryant!

Happy mothers day!

All grown up Scootaloo

Fluttershy with Butterfly

Ark

Why do I have the feeling that anyone posting a Pony GIF for E3 will get perma banned or become public enemy number 1? Haha.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I know all you guys were just aching to see Spitfire naked, so here you go:
(Click for large transparent version)

Almost hot enough to be Jintor's avatar.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ark said:
Why do I have the feeling that anyone posting a Pony GIF for E3 will get perma banned or become public enemy number 1? Haha.

Probably because it's true. Trolling during E3 is a dangerous game.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ark said:

I plan to use ponies for my E3 .gifs, but I wont use them just to use ponies. I won't make a joke if it requires people to have seen the episode. My best .gifs work with more universal humor.

Ponies have been posted in other threads, the problem comes when you post the slashfic stuff. that's when people freak out. I've never gotten backlash the few time's I've posted this.

MLPShock.jpg

But i don't spam it in every thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom