• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Darte said:
1547aa0ca0bda679d73e128b1492a2ac.png

Greatest prankster in all the land. Might use that for premiere day avatar bomb.

ThreeSix said:
I sent you a letter for it. Hopefully Equestria Daily picks it up.

Edit: I'm just going to send ED an email like a few others have. It'll help get their attention more.
Letter added, thank you so much for the support! You guys have really brightened my day.

OMG Aero said:
Never stop
QwIU9.png

On a similar note, I was watching At the Gala again because I had it stuck in my head and saw some shots at the end that I thought might make good avatars if anyone is still looking for one.

nOr0d.jpg

I love this one! I don't suppose you could turn the rainbow background transparent and add a Sounders logo in the bottom-left? (http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x225/ki4snc/SeattleSoundersFC.png)

I love Avatar GAF.

mj1108 said:
This might explain Lauren's decision....on her Facebook profile there is a picture of a sonogram. Wonder if she's expecting?

http://www.facebook.com/lauren.faust

Reasonable, but why wouldn't she just say that in her farewell letter? And the letter specifically cites factors to do with the production itself inhibiting her ability to personally invest in and control the show, not any personal matter.

Nishastra said:
I find that hard to believe based on what she had said about the working relationship with Hasbro previously.

Namely that their only demands were some general themes and putting specific pre-existing ponies into episodes in some way.

From the sounds of it, she was unable to keep up with the production for some reason. I can hardly speculate as to why, though...

None of the facts are adding up. On the one hand, those statements of her involvement in the process are probably not reliable; she worked for them after all, and her career could be negatively impacted if she complains about former employers, with other employers wondering if she'll be bad press. On the other hand, her comments to that effect would probably not be as emphatic as they were if she really was unhappy (something along the lines of "It comes with the territory and the director's job is to work with the demands of her funders to produce the best show possible," rather than, "Hasbro was really upfront about it and the meddling has been kept to a minimum, much to my surprise," which is what we got). And the one confirmed instance of executive meddling, the lack of any sort of continutiy in contradistinction to Faust's original plan, we have confirmed to be partially ameliorated in season 2, with reoccurring villains. None of this makes sense.

I've been trying to figure out the chords for At The Gala. I'm having more luck than I had with art of the dress, but that was a chord issue, the bass notes are easy to pick out in that one. Gala is definitely a much more complex song.

I have all the verses done, but the chorus stuff is difficult to place. Rarity's part has a nice chord modulation that's really nice, and Pinkie's an interesting variation on the original theme with a unique line. Rainbow Dash's verse is pretty easy, but also really fun to play on guitar. Applejack's verse is pretty short, it's the same length as Twlight's but her's has more variation. I'll put it up with my cutie mark crusader files when I've figured the whole thing out.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
I plan to use ponies for my E3 .gifs, but I wont use them just to use ponies. I won't make a joke if it requires people to have seen the episode. My best .gifs work with more universal humor.

Ponies have been posted in other threads, the problem comes when you post the slashfic stuff. that's when people freak out. I've never gotten backlash the few time's I've posted this.

MLPShock.jpg

But i don't spam it in every thread.

That's true, I figure it's because DrForester is well liked. But you manage to post that picture at just the right times.

I however have decided to spam all my gimmicky pictures that in every thread for no discernible reason and then they'll have to ban me to which I'll start my own show on YouTube called GAF abridged chronicling the times of GAF til I got banned. All will be parodied.

ThreeSix said:
One thing I wanted to know before writing to them. Do you want them to be sent only the webpage or do you want both the webpage and your email that you're using, which could give other people the opportunity to write letters, to be sent?

Go ahead and send Sethisto my email so he can contact me if he needs to.
Thanks again, ThreeSix!

G-Fex said:
That's true, I figure it's because DrForester is well liked. But you manage to post that picture at just the right times.

I however have decided to spam all my gimmicky pictures that in every thread for no discernible reason and then they'll have to ban me to which I'll start my own show on YouTube called GAF abridged chronicling the times of GAF til I got banned. All will be parodied.
How's Pandaman and Jenga gonna sound like?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
mj1108 said:
This might explain Lauren's decision....on her Facebook profile there is a picture of a sonogram. Wonder if she's expecting?

http://www.facebook.com/lauren.faust

Yeah, Faust is not happy.

From her DA

***Well I guess the cat's out of the bag. (I'm a bit disappointed some FB friend chose not to respect my privacy.someone cyber-stalked me and couldn't respect my privacy. I suppose I should have expected it. I guess I'm going to have to do an FB friend cull) Anyway, I just want everyone to understand that my pregnancy is absolutely, positively NOT the reason I'm no longer on the show. It's just a happy side effect that happened after-the-fact.***

To be honest, I would be terrified if internet fans were keeping tabs of my unborn child.

I would also be disappointed if I left a show for a variety of complicated and ultimately reasons, and a future wiki just edits it down to "left due to pregnancy".

***Well I guess the cat's out of the bag. (I'm a bit disappointed some FB friend chose not to respect my privacy.someone cyber-stalked me and couldn't respect my privacy. I suppose I should have expected it. I guess I'm going to have to do an FB friend cull) Anyway, I just want everyone to understand that my pregnancy is absolutely, positively NOT the reason I'm no longer on the show. It's just a happy side effect that happened after-the-fact.***
Kudos for her pregnancy. However I think the fan base is already getting to her. I hope fans don't drive her to the stage where she just can't handle this anymore.

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
Looking up someone's Facebook and seeing that their profile pic is a sonogram is cyber-stalking now?
Yeah, anyone could see it... It wasn't a huge leap of logic from there. Sigh.
2th said:
More awesomeness from John Joseco aka careksim
I'd like to see her actually type.

tiff said:
Looking up someone's Facebook and seeing that their profile pic is a sonogram is cyber-stalking now?
Yeah, it kinda is. She's absolutely entitled to her privacy, and snooping around someone's Facebook profile is definitely a breach of that. Enjoy her work, support her creations but respect her privacy and her right to say as much or little as she wants about her career. I think it's fair to say that she didn't expect the show to attract the fan base that it has, and I really hope it isn't something she comes to regret.

2th said:

http://i.imgur.com/cyYkX.jpg

So exploitable, you could shop anything into what Belle's staring at on the screen. I have a feeling this is going to get used a lot come E3.

Great work, as always!

OMG Aero said:
Sure thing:
XebPt.png
sxPaH.png

Edit: oh god without a space between them it looks like a horrible rainbow dash version of catdog

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman

EDIT: had to swap to the other facing so my Sounders Dash can totally smack-talk ivedoneyourmom's Timbers Cherilee =)

Nishastra said:
Yeah, anyone could see it... It wasn't a huge leap of logic from there. Sigh.

I'd like to see her actually type.

Presumably telekinesis could apply pressure to the keys.

Nishastra

Banned
2th said:
Following her eye-line, it looks like she's looking at... the Project Cafe thread? :p

Amibguous Cad said:
Presumably telekinesis could apply pressure to the keys.
Seems dreadfully inefficient as an input method for a pony, though :p

Nishastra

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
I wonder what they sell at McPONY's...
I dunno, but I like the idea of fries being directly replaced with hay, in the exact same containers. (Even though applefries were in attendance at the gala.)

Neki

ChuckNoLuck said:
I wonder what they sell at McPONY's...

Want a Gears 3 beta code? PM me.

lol why are you randomly saying this? :D I don't even know if I like Gears 3, I only play Gears for the story.

Xadhoom

Neo Member
I saw that some people were concerned about Derpy's role in the upcoming season, and I found this on Equestria Daily:
Also a note from Allspark on Derpy Hooves

"Her role in season 2 (to my understanding) is the same as season 1. A kind of 'Where's Waldo' visual gag for the fans. Instead of being edited into the scenes in post production she's actually showing up in the storyboards. I don't know if she will get an official name or speaking lines, but the Derpy joke scenes are now being planned out ahead of time instead of just thrown in as we go. I'm certainly not in the decision making process, this is just what I'm seeing from my perspective. "

And that's exactly how it should be!
Source

So it seems that they're not gonna change her role, they'll just plan her appearances earlier in the process.

tiff

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
Yeah, it kinda is. She's absolutely entitled to her privacy, and snooping around someone's Facebook profile is definitely a breach of that. Enjoy her work, support her creations but respect her privacy and her right to say as much or little as she wants about her career. I think it's fair to say that she didn't expect the show to attract the fan base that it has, and I really hope it isn't something she comes to regret.
I dunno. Personally I'd consider anything I don't have set to private on Facebook to be, uh, not private. Especially if I'm a public figure to some degree.

Xadhoom said:
I saw that some people were concerned about Derpy's role in the upcoming season, and I found this on Equestria Daily:
So more ridiculous appearances like the four Derpys on the ferris wheel, or when she dropped the postal packages? Sounds great.

I'm surprised by the initial uproar the original mention had though. Seemed like a "damned if you do/damned if you don't" situation. Probably best that they're leaving her in the background and letting the fandom keep filling in the rest of the blanks.

Nishastra

Banned
Xadhoom said:
So it seems that they're not gonna change her role, they'll just plan her appearances earlier in the process.
Yeah, I believe the first thing we heard about s2 Derpy (wherever it was from... so much random information) was just poorly worded, and wasn't intended to imply that she was going to be a real character in the future.

tiff said:
I dunno. Personally I'd consider anything I don't have set to private on Facebook to be, uh, not private. Especially if I'm a public figure to some degree.
Yeah. If she wanted to keep it a secret (as she obviously did), it's quite unfortunate, but it was right there on the public front page of her Facebook profile along with all the various links to her websites and whatnot.

I hope she doesn't get too upset about this.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Okay okay, I only play Gears for the Co-op really. That's the best part of the game. :p

i play for the people. and by the people, i mean the developers at epic who i am friends with (and not just xbl friends with either).

Ramma2

OMG Aero said:
This is so awesome, I love careksim's work.
And just to give people a head start, here's a PNG of it with a transparent screen so you can put whatever you want behind it:

One from yesteryear, for practice.

PS3.png

tiff said:
Whether it's public or private there's no reason to be looking around her personal Facebook page in the first place. I just would like for people to show restraint.

Nishastra

Banned
Ellis Kim said:
Lauren Faust is no longer going to work on the show?? D:
Yes, she left for reasons unclear. Lots of speculation, not much fact. She did some work on season 2 already, but the latter parts of it will be completely without her.

ThreeSix said:
The "Letters to Lauren Faust" page was put on Equestria Daily.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/letters-to-lauren-faust.html

Congrats Author's Apprentice.

Guh.

I think I just broke.

I got back from a phone call home for Mother's Day, and I see that the hits on my blog are up to 500 and that 150 of those trace back to EqDaily, and my email is flooded with incredible thank you letters. This is incredible!

Thank you to those of you who wrote Sethisto to make this happen, and to those of you who sent or will be sending letters. This exploded beyond anything I ever imagined it would be! Now I just pray that Lauren will have a chance to read it and see all this love collected in one place... she deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom