• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

RomanticHeroX said:
I officially declare myself 100% against any type of fanfic.
I'm not a big fan of the fanfic either (for any series actually) but what about the comics? You like those right? I feel they are often spot on with the humor.

Darte

Ok so I just got myself a copy of Sony Vegas Pro and a little spare time this evening so I spent it trying to learn how to use it in anticipation of the pmv I wanted to do.

Nothing special just a really slowed down version of the introduction but I thought it reminded me of chanting monks so I uploaded it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPvaB4M-8c

Chuck

Still without luck
Darte said:
Ok so I just got myself a copy of Sony Vegas Pro and a little spare time this evening so I spent it trying to learn how to use it in anticipation of the pmv I wanted to do.

Nothing special just a really slowed down version of the introduction but I thought it reminded me of chanting monks so I uploaded it lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEPvaB4M-8c

Welp, here come the nightmares.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Foxix said:
I feel like I'm the only one here who loves Panda.

Nah I do too, but only because he plays Zerg and I play Protoss.

Darte

Ookami-kun said:
I guess this is why we can't have nice things (that Lauren Faust stalking thing).

Can't really call it stalking if its on facebook. She's not exactly a not-famous individual within certain circles.

Anything on facebook should be considered public, including those that are friends only because friends have a way of letting things leak out. Least thats how I handle it on FB.

Wait, don't count fanfic out yet!

The Legend of the Rainbow Singularity
Pages so far: Page 1 Page 5 Page 6 Page 15, 16

Page 1
With a yawn you roll out of your bed. You decided to sleep on the roof of city hall last night. Despite how that sounds, you are not a vagrant. Quite the opposite, in fact. You are the coolest pony in Ponyville as well as the (Celestia-proclaimed) best flyer in all Equestria. Today is a big day, as you're going to be practicing a new trick that came to you in one of your many dreams. It involves using a giant spring to propel yourself into-

-well the details are complicated, but the trick is guaranteed to be awesome. First things first, though. You're going to need three buckets of banana peels, and it'll be pretty hard to find enough silk worms to construct the giant doilies you require.

As you ponder how to get the supplies you'll need, you notice your friend Pinkie Pie and her pet alligator, Gummy, hopping and waddling, respectively, through the town square. Pinkie always seems to have access to the weirdest things, perhaps some that you'll need for your trick.

You begin to fly down to her, but pause when you remember that she has you one-upped in the prank contest that you're both engaged in. Since you've caught her unawares this would be your chance to get the drop on her. You quickly take inventory of your surroundings, and come up with two ideas.

If you decide use a dark cloud to cover her in shadow, hoping that she'll freak out, turn to page 5
If you decide to switch her pet alligator gummy for a harmless snake, turn to page 8

You decide how the story goes! Choose from 36 exciting endings! Except, I guess, not really.

Neki

Build your own pony adventure, I love it! You guys are just debbie downers, that's all. What are we going to do to pass the time? We can't just image dump all day, we need creativity!

jogarrr

Damn. I skip out on this thread for a week and come back to 40 new pages. (+10 more popped up as I caught up too :p )

That Lauren Faust news is a little disappointing but I agree with Choppasmith. I'm optimistic about S2 (and 3 and 4 and 20 and ..)

Choppasmith said:
I figured this would happen sooner or later (was hoping for later AFTER Season 2 or 3, and sad to hear it was sooner) I have faith though as it wasn't SOLELY Lauren Faust that made the show great. We've got these wonderful story writers, directors, voice actors, and musical talent. I find it almost insulting that people are singling her out and ignoring the other great people working on the show. It's like they expect the show to regress into the old MLP that everyone hated.

I think Lauren Faust really got the ball rolling (I mean really, aside from providing the artstyle and concept, she did only write the first three episodes), and its up to the rest of her crew to keep it rolling. I'm still very much optimistic, though I have the feeling fans will all too quickly blame her departure during a weak episode, even though Season 1 had them all the same.

Also, the last episode was great. It made a nice conclusion to season 1.

Ultimoo said:
Build your own pony adventure, I love it! You guys are just debbie downers, that's all. What are we going to do to pass the time? We can't just image dump all day, we need creativity!
Personally I'd like to see people pass the time making more 8-bit remixes.

Everypony... my hooves are shaking at how well this turned out...

It started as a tribute to pandaman, but it became a manifesto to live by...

pandaman-2.png

Edit: You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find that original comic. MY SEARCH PAID OFF.

Neki

oh god why oh god why oh god why?

how can you people tell me fan fic is worse than...that.

also, writing is all I can do, I can't make music or edit images for crap. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok...time to take shelter in the SC2 thread for a little bit.

Neki

meltingparappa said:
If I could set that to a 600x2330px avatar, I would in a heartbeat. Possibly five heartbeats.

GWAR HAR HAR HAR.

you're just a weird person, what has that comic added to the discussion? nothinggggggg.

Chuck

Still without luck
Captain Fish said:
Wow, I can't believe you ignored him over that little thing.

Anyhoo 2 more posts and we can forget that image ever existed again.

No, that was just the last straw, so to speak (I don't actually have straws).

jogarrr

Captain Fish said:

That comic is forever a part of Pony-GAF. Embrace it!

Also, I might be looking a little too closely at it but what is Belle Eve doing with her rear hooves in the last panel.

Neki

Captain Fish said:
Wow, I can't believe you ignored him over that little thing.

Well I'll just quote you and we'll all be happy again.

akira28

DrForester said:
I honestly wonder if the fandom was creeping her out.

No this stinks of the subtle iron grip of corporate meddling. They probably wanted to tie her down now they they knew they had a winner, and make her tow the line, or they gave her a buyout option to train the staff and leave. They probably want to pin it down to formula to control how well it connects with their merchandising strategy. Since they're a toy company after all, not a visual arts or animation house.

I'd say MLP:FIM suffered from being too good and getting so much attention that corporate couldn't resist dicking it up for everyone.

jogarrr said:
Also, I might be looking a little too closely at it but what is Belle Eve doing with her rear hooves in the last panel.
She's doing the "Jenga Juggle" which she learned in the arcades of Manehattan.

...aka a lazy copy/paste from the other two panels, which even the original comic was good enough to fix. Pandaman, hope you don't take this as a tribute rather than a burn!

jogarrr

ChuckNoLuck said:
I can barely read it. What does it say?

Panel 1: Seems you overslept a little.
Panel 2: This must be a dream... Are you real? I think so :)!
Panel 3: Then if you're real you'll be able to count to ten. Can you? Of course! 1,2,3,4...
Panel 4: 5 Smooch!

It comes from a comic that panda posted wayy back that got a bunch of pony haters riled up.
meltingparappa edited in the original:

meltingparappa said:
Edit: You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find that original comic. MY SEARCH PAID OFF.

Edit: here's the original post in case you want to follow the fallout that happened the first time it was posted.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26465365&postcount=1470

Damn, I hate to admit it, but I was kinda hoping someone would choose one of the page options so I'd have an excuse to write more Choose your own Dashventure. I guess I'll just go to sleep instead.

jogarrr

Captain Fish said:
Damn, I hate to admit it, but I was kinda hoping someone would choose one of the page options so I'd have an excuse to write more Choose your own Dashventure. I guess I'll just go to sleep instead.

Wait, wait! I love choose your own adventure's. Page 5! 5!

(and now I go to sleep :p)

Edit: there should totally be a text adventure game/Graphic Novel based off of MLP. I could totally get into that kind of fanfic.

Neki

Captain Fish said:
Wasn't sure you were being serious, you wouldn't want to get ridiculed. :p

tafer

Well with the season finished and with Faust out, the fans and the show have a lot to prove to the internets!

and I hope the best for both.
please don't turn creepier and crappier

Fake edit: It's insane how fast this thread is moving.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I just wrote a letter to Lauren Faust saying Over a Barrel is shite and I hope she feels bad about it.
lol jk?

ChuckNoLuck said:
Really?
What is the thing/person/blob supposed to be on the left? I really don't know.

Who the person is is irrelevant. But that fucking comic almost got us locked.

Chuck

Still without luck
Regulus Tera said:
Who the person is is irrelevant. But that fucking comic almost got us locked.

edit: ok, so it's implying sex with a pony, blah blah blah. Is that it or is it referencing something else?

Neki

ChuckNoLuck said:
edit: ok, so it's implying sex with a pony, blah blah blah. Is that it or is it referencing something else?
You probably weren't here when it caused a shitstorm last time, we got a title change and a whole new wave of trolls. We're in community now, so it probably wouldn't be as bad, but before, the thread was almost lost. :p

edit: wasn't even part of MLP back then, lol.

careksims

That is scary business there and I'm glad it didn't get locked.

As for me. I have 30+ Pony requests to do for the next 2 weeks. The fun never ends!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh sometimes I usually blame it on the people posting it. They're bringing it upon themselves.

It's like telling them it's okay to be here, then they misbehaved.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
meltingparappa said:
Everypony... my hooves are shaking at how well this turned out...

It started as a tribute to pandaman, but it became a manifesto to live by...

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s329/fundogmo/pandaman-2.png[IMG]

Edit: You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find that [URL="http://i.imgur.com/fieqz.jpg"]original comic.[/URL] MY SEARCH PAID OFF.[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://imgur.com/BrPqS][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BrPqS.png[/URL]

I just finished The Best Night Ever, and had to give in and make an avatar. I see Dai101 already has a very similar one though, should I change it?

I think this is also my first post in this thread. Secret brony stepping into the light, you might say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom